Rock N' Roll Legends - Connie Francis
Format: Audio CDChange
Price:£8.53+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

This is a nice package I assume comes from my grandmother's home the UK, known for their nice Connie packaging and this is no exception. The cover is wonderful. CONNIE IS A ROCK N ROLL LEGEND, the first female to break into the male dominated field and on HER TERMS. This collections contains her top hits (and she had plenty of them) and a few UK hits that never made it to my homeland (USA) except on SOUVENIRS. I'LL GET BY and BABY ROO. Two of her her fine UK songs (not considered rock) would be a nice addition IT WOULD BE WORTH IT and the wonderful MY CHILD.

A fine collection from the world's first female international singing superstar.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Recently I have been watching Dennis Potter's Lipstick on your Collar,which is being shown again on TV and I just could get that tune out of my head.Despite having a Connie CD and more tracks on compilations,to my great surprise I did not have Lipstick on your Collar.So I set about hunting down a CD with this track and any other hits I did not have.This CD was one of several choices I found with all the tracks I wanted and also they are remastered from original sources,I (and I expect most people)prefer the original hit versions.I chose this one purely because it was available at the lowest possible price.
I am perfectly happy with it,all of the tracks are of atleast good quality and some are excellent.It is probably down to what source they used for the transfer as one track(My Happiness) starts wth 2 very small clicks and so may be from a record and not a master tape.Apart from the clicks it sounds very good.The tracks are a mixture of stereo and mono,which come as no surprise as the original tracks appeared in the infancy stages of stereo(as with Elvis etc).
I had a listen to MP3 samples from other albums and they too were the identical mono stereo mixture.
If you like the assortment of tracks an this CD then go ahead and buy it,I am sre you will not be disappointed,but also look at "Gold" a double CD,"Souvenirs" a quadruple CD and so expensive,"The Singles Collection" has(almost)all the hits,there is a huge choice out there but try and listen to the MP3 samples to make sure the quality is up to scratch.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again