Format: DVD|Change

TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 10 November 2007
Yes, this one's up there with the best of them. It occasionally gets a bit 'talky' for the likes of young children but that's partly because there's an intelligent script that will be appreciated by the parents watching by their sides. The quality of the animation is bang up-to-date and at times quite spell-binding. Impressive in every way, for technical detail, for authenticity of what life is like in a busy Parisienne kitchen, for great one-liners and for overall family entertainment. An absolute must-have.
on 11 February 2008
Buy this DVD. It is one you will watch again and again. For the cynics the story is predictable, but for the rest of us its how it gets there that matters. The detail is amazing, like one of the villains uses a somewhat rare French Facel Vega motor car. Perfect as a villains car. The romantic interest uses a powerful Motorbike. Perfect. The rest of the DVD and its detail almost brings the very smells of France, Paris and the food to life. I love the story, it plays well in these modern times,with modern villains. It might even get you to be inspired in the kitchen! Pixar and Disney have truly done it again.
on 14 August 2014
Make note, you may have searched for a region free blu-ray format of this movie and ended up here, but in truth this blu-ray 3D movie is not region free. This is a region B movie and will not play on region A or B blu-ray players.

The ad states this is a region B blu-ray, but when this ad was found, a search for "region free" was conducted. Purchased the blu-ray on a chance that it was region free, but it I not. It is definitely a region B disk.
on 10 March 2009
When Pixar announced that they were making something about rats I felt dubious because they're hardly lovable are they? But then again in the film Chicken Run the rats were effectively presented as lovable rogues. Maybe a film with rats taking a staring role could provide Pixar with another winner.

So it proved when the smash hit Ratatouille was released. Pixar had got it just right in this tale of a rat who wants to be a chef. The genius that is Pixar has once more proved that it doesn't matter what the subject matter is, they can produce a story which will enchant and delight people of all ages.

This Blu-ray disc is stunning. Without any doubt this is the best Blu-ray I have seen so far. Breathtaking picture quality. Stunning colours, both subtle and vibrant. Detail which takes your breath away, especially the fur on those rats - so lifelike!

There is more than enough here to drool over and if you purchase only one Blu-ray make it this one and lose yourself in the glory that is Ratatouille.
on 16 October 2007
I laughed, I cried, I hugged my friend and I left the theatre with tears in my eyes. The sneak preview theater was packed. Kids were well behaved throughout the whole film. It is more than just a story of Remy the rat who want to become a chef....it is a story of family, friendship, loyalty and love. Each and every one of those values is brought out in this film. Walt woud've been proud. The animation was wonderful: the beautiful Parisian skyline, the detail in the kitchen, the fur on each and every creature, and the movement of the characters. I have waited with much anticipation for this film and when I had the chance to see it, I ran with it. I will see it again when it opens nationwide and I will tell EVERYONE to go see it. It runs a little long but it is necessary to tell the story. You stop seeing Remy as a rat....not that you see him as a person....but he's someone you care about. All of animation is top notch. Pixar outdid themselves with this film. It is wonderful.
on 5 October 2014
As usual Disney does it again. This is a perfect transfer into the 3-D world. I could've never imagined this movie was made into D and it was. It is too bad that this release is only available abroad and not in the country of origin of this film which is the US. I don't know what's happening with Disney and their marketing of 3-D titles in the United States. In any case I'm glad that at least I was able to order it from The UK
on 11 August 2014
Ratatouille is one of the best films of 2007, as it's a charming tale of a rat named Remy who's true desire isn't to rob garbage like his friends and family but to cook marvellous dishes in Paris. When he is separated from the other rats he discovers that he has been in Paris his whole life. Guided by the imaginary ghost of his idol chef Gusteau, he quickly befriends a clumsy garbage man named Linguini, who Remy helps become one of the finest chefs in France. The film also includes an evil scheme to shut down the Gusteau's restaurant, a romance between Linguini and a female chef, and a terrifying critic with a reputation of disliking Gusteau's food. The all-star cast are also excellent: Patton Oswalt as Remy, Janeane Garofalo as the woman chef, Ian Holm as the money grubbing villain chef and the wonderful Peter O'Toole as the critic. With no flaws I could see, Ratatouille is a funny, clever and chearful film which will entertain viewers of all ages.
on 11 September 2015
I really wanted my 5yo daughter to see that movie in 3D, for the first time.

But it appears that this disk is REGION-LOCKED. I can't play it in Canada.

All other Disney 3D and Sky 3D disks I bought via UK - they play fine in Canada, but this one does not want to.

Well, how could I explain to my daughter that this movie we were just set with our glasses to watch, is not going to play?

...

First, Disney stopped making 3D disks for Canada. Thus I was forced to shop for them in UK (thanks to Amazon UK). And now, the UK disks started to be region-locked?.. And that discrimination is ... why exactly? Are Canadian dollars not too good for money?

It's well over decade since XXI century started. And still there is such ridiculous thing as the region lock on a video disk. That's just beyond the logic.

Thanks Disney, you really are selling "happiness".
on 4 August 2015
This DVD played all of the normal film trailers before getting to the actual film menu. I went to play the movie and the thing froze. I could not get off the DVD and it proceeded to get stuck in the DVD player. When we eventually got it out by dismantling the player, I tried another DVD to ensure it was this particular disc. As thought, it was just the Ratatouille DVD, which unfortunately did the same thing again when tried. As I was out of the complaint date there was nothing that could be done. I am disappointed that the reply email from the company said they do not have records going back to this date. I do think all businesses should keep records, seeing as I wasn't too much past the date. Oh well, I won't be buying from Zoverstock again, as they haven't checked that their stock actually work and this one DVD has caused me many problems!
on 16 August 2014
Wonderful! I love this rat and have seen it many times, Yep I am an adult...this is not really a childrens film, so many jokes about critics and haute cuisine and now it has been released in 3d which makes it even better. The Before Xmas Nightmare 3d release is so poor almost no depth to the entire film but this release is as good as 3d gets.