5.0 out of 5 stars Fab quality - great alternative to Manfrotto 577
Published on 7 July 2010 by Bejam

3.0 out of 5 stars OK
it's not the best quick release plate. Mainly because it's not so quick.

It feels like its made out of stone, or slate and is incredible stiff when trying to the plate.

for the price I can't complain.
Published 3 months ago by Curtis Bull

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab quality - great alternative to Manfrotto 577, 7 July 2010
This review is from: Giottos MH621 Quick Release Sliding Adapter Plate (Camera)
The Giottos product picture just doesn't do this justice. Quality is top notch, light but strong and nicely machined with high quality allen bolts. I bought 2 and my JVC GY-HM100 camcorder can now be switched quickly between tripod and shoulder brace - I'm going to buy another for my jib arm as they're such good value. Also, the plate locking lever pulls outwards on a spring, so it can be positioned to suit on it's hexagon-shaped stem - stops it from fouling against other tripod levers.

Includes an allen key spanner, 1 x 1/4" camera bolt and 2 x 3/8" bolts - one for the camera head and the other to attach the plate to a gimbal/monopod. The camera bolts even have semi-circular folding rings, so you won't have to fish around in your pocket for a penny to tighten things up. Very nicely thought through, I use it professionally and I highly recommend it.

Just as good, if not better, than the Manfrotto 577 and also has a levelling bubble in case that's useful to you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick Change, 30 May 2013
This review is from: Giottos MH621 Quick Release Sliding Adapter Plate (Camera)
I use a Manfrotto quick release system for my stills camera and decided to try this cheaper alternative for my video equipment, it is lighter than the Manfrotto unit and as I am using it with a steady cam system it does allow some adjustment. The unit is well made and easy to attach to a selection of cameras.

4.0 out of 5 stars Beware MH631 as supplied by Amazon is actually an MH621, 23 Jun 2011
Nigel Raby (France) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Giottos MH621 Quick Release Sliding Adapter Plate (Camera)
I bought two of these from Amazon for around 25.00 each & as usual they arrived very quickly. However on unpacking them I quickly realised that in fact these were not the MH631 plates as advertised but the smaller MH621 plates (if you scroll down the description you'll find they are now described as MH621!). As I was happy with the 621's I informed Amazon of the mistake in the description, told them I was happy to keep them but pointed out that I could have bought them 4.50 (each) cheaper elsewhere. In view of this Amazon refunded me 9.00 & I was (am) happy. However now a month on I took another look at the listing & am dismayed to find Amazon has done nothing to put it right!

5.0 out of 5 stars My second one is on the way!, 13 Feb 2011
T. Frankling - See all my reviews
This review is from: Giottos MH621 Quick Release Sliding Adapter Plate (Camera)
Fanatastic accessory. I'm about to order a 2nd plate for my other tripod and camera, it already has a quick release plate, but its good to have a standard plate, and the quality of this one is impressive.

Its pretty much all metal, with a few bits of hard plastic bits here and there, its a strong plastic though, and doesn't feel tacky. I feel safe with my camera mounted on the plate, and I've had a few times where the safety catch has saved my camera after forgetting to lock it.

I haven't tried any other quick release plates, however, the quality of this plate, and the features, I mean, its just a quick release plate - theres not many features, means that I would recommend anyone to go for this before considering any other plate.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the Manfrotto version, 26 Jun 2014
A. Curran - See all my reviews
This review is from: Giottos MH621 Quick Release Sliding Adapter Plate (Camera)
I bought 2 of these as they are have the price of the Manfrotto versions and have since had to replace them with the Manfrotto versions! They are not smooth. Inserting and removing the camera as a real pain. I had to wriggle the camera side to side to remove it. Whether its the type of paint used or what I don't know... I've had no such problems with the Manfrotto adaptor plates.

4.0 out of 5 stars Giottos MH621 Quick Release Sliding Adaptor Plate, 8 Jun 2014
This review is from: Giottos MH621 Quick Release Sliding Adapter Plate (Camera)
Essential, if like me you have stabiliser arms. A must for quick mount/de-mount. I would have given five stars if the MH621 had linear scales for quick side and rear positioning although it does have spirit levels for the finer balancing, all-in-all a good piece of equipment at a reasonable price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple but effective, 4 Jun 2014
This review is from: Giottos MH621 Quick Release Sliding Adapter Plate (Camera)
There are lots of quick release plates out there. Some more expensive and some less with the quality varying just as much.

This quick-release plate is really simple and well priced. It works exactly as you'd expect with a good mechanism that you won't worry about failing. The spirit level is an added bonus for when you're trying to make sure your tripod is level, or when trying to balance a steadicam.

This is an incredibly simple product but works perfectly and is a must have for any filmmaker.

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid construction, just a chip in the paint, 12 April 2014
This review is from: Giottos MH621 Quick Release Sliding Adapter Plate (Camera)
It's way heavier than it looks on the picture (wich I like), the locking mechanism is easy to tighten hard so no slip, the security button is easy to operate. Inexpensive and well worth it's price

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, 28 Mar 2014
This review is from: Giottos MH621 Quick Release Sliding Adapter Plate (Camera)
it's not the best quick release plate. Mainly because it's not so quick.

for the price I can't complain.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Plate for 15mm DSLR cage, 20 Mar 2014
This review is from: Giottos MH621 Quick Release Sliding Adapter Plate (Camera)
I will be filming a review for this item since so little video reviews are available for it. It was a super replacement for my plastic FilmCity plate on the 15mm cage. What I liked about it is so many things, some of which I missed in my Manfrotto quick releases. Solid metal, quick release is easy to adjust for your tripod, and gear. You can attach plate to camera without a screwdriver and it is super solid. I attached it to my BMCC camera and without screwdriver it was perfect to keep it steady in the cage - not a slight shift. Love it. Will be posting video review soon.