This is such a simple but excellent idea. It is basically a rubber stopper that fits into the sound hole of an acoustic guitar (fitted with sound pickup) so that when one is playing with an amplifier the sound from the amplifier doesn't get fed back into the guitar through the hole causing feedback screeches.

It also has a second effect, reducing the volume of...
Published on 10 Oct. 2012 by Mr. D. Lambert

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible product, go for the planet waves 0-ring instead
Unfortunately giving this a 1 star review.
I bought this for my faith all mahogany model electro acoustic. I am endorsed by faith guitars and love the instruments in every way, however they can be slightly prone to feedback so thought if give this a try.
Published 3 months ago by james ready

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for anti-feedback and lowering volume of loud acoustic guitars, 10 Oct. 2012
Mr. D. Lambert (South Hertfordshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Planet Waves Screeching Halt Acoustic Soundhole Cover (Electronics)

It also has a second effect, reducing the volume of the sound from the guitar itself just a little. This makes playing an accoustic just a little more social without necessarily losing the nice tone of the guitar. I find that on my Yamaha it lowers the volume just enough for me to be able to strum normally without causing others stress, but be warned, the volume reduction is only very little (you'd have to put foam or something inside the guitar if you want -very- quiet).

The Yamaha has a hole that is slightly larger than 100mm and this fit it perfectly. I suspect it might be a bit of a squeeze on a slightly smaller hole but this is rubber so should fit. I have a similar anti-feedback cover for my Takamine (chrome middle) and that doesn't affect the guitar volume at-all. That is a 100mm cover and it is too loose to use in my Yamaha.

This is a simple and a good idea for making acoustic guitars playable in a gig environment (and maybe for playing in a bedroom where a slight reduction in volume is required - if you stuff a very soft pillow in your guitar you could use this to keep it in).

Hope this review is useful.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible product, go for the planet waves 0-ring instead, 10 Dec. 2014
Unfortunately giving this a 1 star review.
It was difficult to install and eventually fitted very tightly. Once re-strung it honestly made my guitar sound like it was made out of cardboard. I'd lost all the warmth from the mahogany and from plugging it in noticed very little difference regarding feedback but a big difference in tone.
I would not recommend this product at all! I would however highly recommend the planet waves o ring. It's about 4x the price but is 1000x the better product. It ive loa to decrease feedback.and also improves tone and volume of the instrument. The 0-ring is a far better and more usable product!

5.0 out of 5 stars does the job, 13 Aug. 2012
The item arrived on time. It fits perfectly in the soundhole of my Yamaha F310. It seems like a good quality product. Nice

Rock ON!

...acoustic style

3.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't fit my guitar, 30 Aug. 2012
I have a Fender 60CE and strangely it doesn't fit my guitar. I did my best to press it as hard as I could but still... So, because it was really marginal I had to trim it a bit, but I didn't have the skill to do it perfectly so it works but not as good as I would like to. I have no idea why it fits the other peoples' holes (pun not intended) and although it might have not worked for me but seems of good quality. Btw, I had seen that it was advertised 10cm, but as I said the discrepancy was very marginal, so I dont know if my guitar hole is smaller or this thing is bigger.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well - size can be adjusted, 12 Oct. 2012
My guitar has a slightly smaller than standard sound hole (which is about 100 mm) - so this was too big to fit without risking damage to the guitar.

The solution is the file down the edge of the cover - which is quite thick so you get plenty of adjustment room. I don't have a file so I used sandpaper which did the job. Took about an hour to get a good fit.

Now fits perfectly and completely eliminates feedback when playing at gigs. Nice quality and rubber is quite soft so it will not damage the finish on your guitar.

4.0 out of 5 stars It helps but I still get the occasional feedback problem, 12 Jan. 2013
R. Styles (Norfolk UK) - See all my reviews
I use this on my Taylor GC8EL and it does help the feedback problem. However I have had a couple of occasions where I have been unable to keep up with the rest on the band volume wise without having to compromise my tone by cutting down my bass frequencies. Maybe the others are just too loud !! Good but not a total answer to feedback.

5.0 out of 5 stars Planet Waves Soundhole cover is very effective., 12 Nov. 2014
It does what it says on the tin. Acoustic guitar sound holes vary enormously so be sure this will fit your guitar before you buy. It fits my Martin D28 perfectly but is a tiny bit small for my Washburn D32. Anyway, it does inhibit feedback especially when playing live. Recommended.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good., 23 Aug. 2013
It's good, does the job.. For one of my acoustics! I fits one of my acoustics and doesn't fit the other two, it's too big! It's fine with my mini jumbo acoustic but not with my folk guitar or my Grand auditorium! A little disappointed..

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits my Martin DC-Aura, 16 May 2014
Fits my Martin DC-Aura perfectly and does the job quite well. Was able to produce a lot more volume before getting feedback problems when used at a gig recently and it is reasonably easy to insert/remove.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not too shabby, 18 May 2013
I bought this to stop the screeching feedback and it does what it says on the tin but it looks abit ugly. the moulding of it doesn't look very nice but at this price who can complain? ( except me...)

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›