5.0 out of 5 stars Very good suit for the price. Five star service
I wanted a wetsuit for my nine years old. This suit was a good price so I phoned to get the sizing guide. Although it took a few attempts to get through I realised why. The staff are really really helpful. They answered all my questions and seemed genuinely pleased to help.

Published on 25 May 2009 by Harrythepony

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't fit a 20-month old boy.
Sizing very much on the small side. My son is a biggish toddler, but he changed colour to a deep purple on trying to zip this wetsuit up to the top. Would recommend purchasing size larger unless your kids are on the smaller side.
Published 23 months ago by MightyRedBarney

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good suit for the price. Five star service, 25 May 2009

My order e-mail was timed at 1901hrs and at 2141hrs that day I received the invoice to say the wetsuit had been dispatched. WOW 2hrs 40 minutes.

The wetsuit arrived two days later and my son loves it. Fitted really well and the quality, for such a price seems to be excellent.

I have no trouble in recommending the suit itself and Big Orange watersports. A clear five star service and product, (at that price).

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for keeping my son warm, 23 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Childs 3mm CIC Titanium Shortie wetsuit (Misc.)
I needed a wetsuit to keep my son warm during swimming lessons as he was struggling from being too cold.
I saw previous feedback from another parent who had a 5yr old son with slim build for whom the Age 5-6 suit was too big. They'd re-ordered a Age 3-4 size which fitted perfectly. From this I was able to order the correct size (Age 3-4) as i was also going order the age 5-6 and glad I didn't.
The wetsuit was of excellent quality and fit perfectly.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good fit for my slim boy, 31 Jan. 2011
Me (Norfolk, England) - See all my reviews
My 5 year old boy is of average height but very slim. I wanted a wetsuit for swimming lessons as he is getting cold. I first purchased an Osprey suit for 4-6 year olds. Great looking item but too long in the body and massive around the hips and upper thigh. (I'm keeping it though in case he grows into it.)

I ummed and ahhhed over which suit to go for next and in the end decided on this one. I measured my son up and was a bit puzzled when the measurements seemed to suggest he'd need the 2-3yr old suit. Having read some other reviews over the helpfulness of the supplier I rang them up and discovered that body length should be measured down the front not the back as I had. (Start at the adam's apple and follow the body contours down to where the crotch seam on trousers would be.) The woman also advised me that this is by far the most important measurement - don't worry about the chest size etc just get this one right.

Armed with new measurements I ordered the 3-4yr old suit, it came the next day and is a perfect fit - quite snug all round so it should trap water well for warmth. My son instantly put it on and wore it for the rest of the afternoon. He looked so sweet - sorry, cool!

I'm delighted with the fit (I had resigned myself to a slightly bagger suit as he is so slim - with a larger child the neoprene would stretch). And the service was fautless.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleased Mum, 28 Jun. 2010
My daughter ordered this with an amazon voucher she had as a birthday present. It arrived in less than 48hrs and is standing up to at least a weekly outing to the uk seaside for junior nippers very well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Childs 3mm CIC Titanium Shortie Wetsuit, 25 April 2011
I have 4 children and as regular seaside visitors I felt a wetsuit each would be a good idea, after considerable research i opted for these suits. I found the link through to the sellers own website very useful as they have an excellent sizing chart available showing waist, chest and body measurements for every size. Subequently I was able to measure each child and order the right size wetsuit 1st time.

The speed of delivery was exceptional. i ordered at approx 1pm and they arrived at 8.15am the next morning. The correct sizes and colours as ordered. A1

I have just returned from a weekend of camping by the seaside and the wetsuits have performed brilliantly. The children where able to play in and out of the sea all day without getting over cold.

Overall an excellent product at an exceptional price backed up with superd seller service.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Wetsuit, 1 Jun. 2011
A. Hannaford - See all my reviews
I ordered this wetsuit for my 5yr old daughter not quite knowing whether it would be suitable for her (I wanted something to keep her warm but not too thick or cumbersome).. I need not have worried, a very good quality item at what seems a very good price

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't fit a 20-month old boy., 31 July 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality product, 15 April 2012
This is a third wetsuit of the same make that I have bought for my children. We have used it only in the swimming pools in the UK. These wet suits are a good quality and don't show any wear and tear even after many uses.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good value & quality, practical - but depends a little on what you intend to use them for!, 6 Jun. 2008
Joanna Fleming (nr Bergen, Norway) - See all my reviews
We often travel to Gran Canaria in January/February for some winter sun but the pool is a bit cool for the children to swim in - after half an hour they are cold and have had enough. I thought this product would be ideal because under the product description it states: 'Titanium laminated lining - helps reflect body heat back giving extra warmth' - so in early May when we travelled to Spain we tested these out - I bought one for my 3 year old and one for my 6 year old - again at this time of year the pool was a little on the cool side! It didn't really help retain body heat - I think it depends on how active the child is being and how big they are - smaller bodies loose heat much more easily than bigger ones it can't be avoided!

In other circumstances/for other purposes I think these suits can be very good - but they didn't perform how I had hoped (therefore I am choosing only 3 stars). The UV protection is good - I could test these when we go to Cyprus in the Summer, however they may be a bit too thick in such a hot climate and in these circumstances a lighter weight suit would be better for general use around the pool/beach.

The suits are a very good price (surprisingly so - I have paid more for lighter weight UV swimwear). They seem to appeal to the kids especially the funky colours - think they look very 'cool' - my 9 year old niece got one too and thought it was fun!

Good value, practical - although depends a bit what use you intend them for! I'm thinking of getting an adult size one for myself for watersports - might try parascending from a boat this Summer :-)

Delivered promptly - very good service.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great wetsuit, 2 May 2009
I bought wetsuits for my children and sisters children for a trip to Cornwall. The suits were a massive hit keeping the children warm and they had hours of fun splashing in the sea with no shivering!! The suits are excellent UV protectors and unlike lycra swimsuits, there is no wet clingy feel as the suits keep the children warm and cosy. The children loved the bright coloured sleeve inserts which made them easy to spot on the beach :) I would not hesitate to recommend - brilliant and excellent value for money - Big Orange Watersports offer brillaint customer service - the suits were dispatched within 24 hours of purchase . Fantastic!! Highly recommended 5* product, Company and Service.