4.0 out of 5 stars loved it
Published on 17 April 2009 by scousebird

1.0 out of 5 stars Product review.
Not for me. Didn't watch it when noted that it was about lesbians. Should have looked at advert before buying.
Published 8 months ago by Fruit Tea Lover

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars loved it, 17 April 2009
This review is from: Mistresses: Complete BBC Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
I have heard comparisons between Sex & The City and Mistresses and I for one see they have nothing in common apart from the fact that both series have 4 main female leads.All 4 actresses in this are outstanding.Sarah Parish in particular plays 'vunerable'for a change rather than the fiesty man eater roles we are used to seeing her in.Shelly Conn,Orla Brady & Sharon Small are also great,loved Sharon Small in Glasgow Kiss but I have never come across the other 2 in anything else but I am now a firm fan.
What a fab series this is.I truly cared about each of these women and every episode left me wanting more.
I watched the entire series in 2 afternoons and I will certainly be getting Series 2 quick smart.If you like your dramas with more than a dash of laughter and the odd tear or two this is deffo for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Series!, 22 Mar 2009
Sellie (Banbury, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mistresses: Complete BBC Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
This is a most enjoyable series! Almost like an English version of Desperate Housewives. The second series is even better and I hope there will be a third series!

5.0 out of 5 stars Make me a misstress!!!, 13 Mar 2009
This review is from: Mistresses: Complete BBC Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
I loved this series when it was on tv so had to buy it before series 2 was showing. It's even better the second time around!
All the characters are fantastic and there are so many "oh my god!" moments throughout it keeps you entertained and glued to the set all the way.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 20 April 2009
C. wright "cladcushch" (Essex, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mistresses: Complete BBC Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
I hadn't seen the first series of 'Mistresses' and got completely hooked on Series 2, so I bought this dvd at a bargain price from Amazon.
Brilliant!!! Now I know what the ladies were all talking about in Series 2!

5.0 out of 5 stars Mistresses series 1, 2 May 2009
Mrs. L. Coker "bowls fanatic" (Essex England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mistresses: Complete BBC Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
We missed this the first time round, and having enjoyed the second series on television decided to watch the first one. Although more of a woman's programme, we enjoyed the first series, like bolting the stable door when the horse has gone, most women seem to have enjoyed this series and the second, so I can thoroughly recommend it for them1

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 21 April 2009
This review is from: Mistresses: Complete BBC Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
I recently bought the 1st series as I missed it when it was on TV and had been glued to series 2. I am a massive sex and the city fan but I don't think mistresses is like it at all... Mistresses is just pure escapism from the daily grind, the acting is great and you really get caught up in each of the characters lives. I just wish the BBC would put it on for more than 6 episodes and can I just add Dominic was much hotter is series 1!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Sex and the City comes home...., 21 Mar 2009
This review is from: Mistresses: Complete BBC Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
4 girls, all very close friends, but all very different (one doctor, one lawyer, one housewife, one city girl) live out their loves lives for us to see in all its glory. Yes, Sex and the City I hear you cry. Well yes but set in the UK and its decidely grittier and decidely more watchable for men.

Highly recommended!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Mistresses!, 27 Oct 2011
Je Salter (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mistresses: Complete BBC Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
I have to admit that this sort of program isn't something something that I would normally watch, for example I didn't see it when it was screened on television and until I saw the reviews on Amazon, I didn't even know it existed, however, after reading the reviews I thought I'd give it a go and I'm glad I did.

The series revolves around the complicated lives of four women who just happen to be best friends, a lawyer, a doctor, an events organiser and a single Mum. At the outset none of them are having an affair with anyone so none could be called a mistress however, as the story quickly develops and their lives become embroiled with those around them, things start to develop.

What follows is intrigue, crime, passion and a complicated storyline that keeps you gripped and wanting to find out what happens next. It's a great series, so much so that I've already ordered series two and three, excellent drama from the BBC.

5.0 out of 5 stars I know the series is good when..., 16 Feb 2009
Julie Alexander "science teacher wannabe" (Banning, Ca United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mistresses: Complete BBC Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
I know a series is good when one episode ends and I just have to watch the next one. This is a show about friendship and cheating. Although you want to dislike some of the characters because of their cheating you can't deny that urge to learn more. The four stars are best friends and come together in various pairings to help each other with their relationships, and sometimes the friend is sympathetic and sometimes not but that is what makes this show honest.
I have seen some of these actors in other movies and TV shows which is what drew me to this series but the story kept me watching.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good drama, 7 April 2008
This review is from: Mistresses: Complete BBC Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
Having watched this on BBC1 recently, I thought it worth a second look and so bought this DVD. It's a great series with really good acting and as long as you suspend reality for some of the time, a good watch.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Mistresses: Complete BBC Series 1 [DVD]
Mistresses: Complete BBC Series 1 [DVD] by Sarah Parish (DVD - 2008)
5.79