5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant
Having had a succession of gadget watches I wanted something which was cheap and cheerful but still looked good . THis does exactly that. I am very pleased with it.
Published on 21 Sept. 2011 by Dave C

3.0 out of 5 stars bit small
Published on 13 Dec. 2012 by fat dave

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 21 Sept. 2011
This review is from: Casio - MW-59-7BVEF - Analogue Quartz - Resin Strap (Watch)

3.0 out of 5 stars bit small, 13 Dec. 2012
nice little watch,i mean little too.i am a man with an average wrist and it would be better if it was bigger.the strap is not very long either,im on the second to last hole.dont get me wrong its a great little watch.works well and keeps time.it would be best suited for a young man or a women.would fit them perfectly.but for a man look for something else.unless you have a small wrist and dont like big watches that is.

5.0 out of 5 stars Casio Watch, 17 Nov. 2011
The watch was exactly as I thought it would be and exactly what I wanted - a clear, easy to read face and the date

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, very reliable little watch, 25 Oct. 2013
My main watch was out of action and, as somebody who routinely lectures and constantly needs to know the time, I needed a replacement, and fast.
I hadn't the time to do a full survey of watches in my normal price bracket and didn't want to rush it, so I opted to buy a cheap stand-in on an almost disposable basis.
I chose this because (a) it had a beautifully clear face and dial (I have failing eyesight) (b) it had a date facility (others virtually identical to it don't) (c) it was branded, and all other Casio products that I have had have all worked perfectly (d) it was very
cheap and available under free saver delivery.
It ticked (no pun intended) all of the boxes, so I ordered one.
It arrived within two days, worked beautifully and does everything I wanted it to.

An excellent purchase.

I would have given it a five star rating if I could be convinced that the strap would last as long as the watch is likely to, and there is every possibility that I am being overly harsh on Casio in this respect.
Some down sides: this is not a fashion implement (but I never wanted it to be) and the plastic/resin strap may not last that long (only time will tell). But it functions perfectly and appears to be very robust.
Might make an ideal first watch for a child, or a functional workplace watch.
I have grown to like it, and am in no rush to go out and replace my dress watch just yet.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad for the price, 15 Jun. 2014
Moonkeh (Midlands, UK) - See all my reviews
Being even-handed, it's a cheap watch and I can't be too harsh on it for that reason.

Love the face, very easy to tell the time. Don't like the date, which needs to be bigger and I frequently find that the watch structure casts a shadow over the date, which doesn't help. I managed to crack the glass (which is actually plastic) quite easily. Not sure how I managed that, but the fact is that I did, and did so in an incident that wasn't noticed in itself. Despite that damage, it still works fine and I do still use it. Its purpose was to take the knocks and preserve the appearance of another, more expensive watch (so in that respect you can call it a success). The strap and buckle appear to be much more durable than you'd think.

I've given it three stars because of the date visibility and the fact that I can't overlook the ease with which significant damage was done. However, it is a cheap watch and not everyone is going to be unlucky with the damage. I don't regret buying it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Watch, 18 Jan. 2014
These are beautifully designed watches. One should be in the Design Museum. I love wearing mine. They are light, very easy to keep clean, very clear, waterproof (I've used mine when windsurfing) and accurate.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very clear face and good value. However, 30 Aug. 2014
Very clear face and good value. However, as previously commented in other feed-back, the strap is not very long. Length, including watch, is approx 21cms (from strap pin to last hole).

3.0 out of 5 stars Good watch and great value, 8 Oct. 2014
Chris (Cambridge UK) - See all my reviews
The dimensions indicated that this watch had a larger face than the similar Casio without a calendar (which I had purchased previously) . In fact, the dimensions of the face are identical and the key differences are that the display of this watch are less attractive and it is far deeper. Overall therefore not as attractive although, that said, one gets used to the less attractive look and overall the watch is great value and can be worn while swimming. The strap really needs to be longer and those with chubby wrists will strugggle . Excellent Casio guarantee.

5.0 out of 5 stars Men's Waterproof watch, 11 Nov. 2013
Mr. Philip Gilbert "PLG" (Derbyshire) - See all my reviews
The item arrived very quickly and was just as described.
It will be ideal for what I need.
It is waterproof to 50 metres and has a very clear face.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Water-proof watch, 3 Sept. 2012
M. R. Mills (London UK) - See all my reviews
This must be good as I just bought a second identical watch to give as a present. This is a simple but effective design. It seems to work well. I used it on the beach and in the pool with no ill effects to it. But don't use it for deep sea diving, it is only safe at normal shallow depths despite the 50m rating that is generally used in the watch trade but which is very misleading If you want a reliable watch to take on holiday or for knocking around at work then go for it. I should add that it is very comfortable to wear. And it keeps time!