Format: DVD|Change

on 9 October 2010
My 17 month old son is glued to watching the tv when I put this dvd on. A great mix of stories and songs. 4 Episodes in total and with Rod Jane and Freddy singing my son coppies the actions especially head sholders, knees and toes. Would recommed if you want an hours peace, with the peace of mind they are watching something educational on tv.
on 12 March 2005
brought this for my daughter for her 3rd birthday she loves it, has to watch a min of once a day, fantastic choice for your kids & brings back memories to us too!!!
on 4 January 2001
I used to watch this as a child and so to have it on video is just brilliant, it is fun and children will love it as they will feel a part of it. Even older children will enjoy it if they watched it as children and if not it is good anyway but they may not appreciate it quite as much. When i saw it on sale i just had to buy it.
on 15 September 2013
I bought this for my 2 year old grandson at his mother's request as she had loved Rainbow as a child. My grandson is absolutely besotted with it and is his favourite of all time. Jeffrey, Bumble, Zippy and George still please and by my grandson's reaction rate far higher than the modern children's stuff of today Super DVD..
on 3 August 2013
One noisy day the baby was playing up so I put on a DVD of cult kids tv shows, Rainbow was one of them and she loved it! I bought this to go on when she's fighting the sleep and put the pram under the telly. She lays quietly giggling at zippy and George till she drifts off!
on 1 January 2014
My son watched this as a small child and now it is enjoyed by his three year old daughter. We still have the Christmas Rainbow video from 1988 and although the picture quality is poor she enjoyed that too.
on 25 May 2006
Before Big Brother & the like, Rainbow led the way - a fly on the wall study of a single parent family and their daily lives.

No wonder it lasted for 21 years, this is great stuff, and it is painful to think that some kids don't get to see George, Zippy, Bungle & Geoffrey. This is a wonderful recollection of the programme, dipping into what they did best - stories, songs and the wonderful interaction between the characters.

Kids TV had admittedly moved on, but kids still love this, and I'm pleased to see my son watching the same bits over and over and asking for it. Good entertainment and a crime that it was ever taken off TV.
on 26 June 2012
Apart from my own wonderful trip down memory lane it has become a very firm favourite of my 2 1/2 year old and my 1 year old is definitely getting slowly into it too!!! It's great for the little ones as it has a section of songtime where it is just songs with Rod, Jane & Freddy. Later they can watch the story chapters too. My eldest is now enjoying the Ugly Duckling acted out by the Rainbow crew!
on 6 December 2014
Using the same review for these rainbow dvds as i feel its appropriate. These dvds are a good trip down memory lane but they dont last long enough so if you are paying more than £5 per dvd then stay away as some dont even last 1 hour which is a joke for how many episodes were filmed back in the day. Id like to see a mega box set with every episode sometime but i doubt it will happen.
on 21 October 2015
I bought this for my granddaughter as her mummy loved Rainbow 30-odd years ago, as did I. I really bought it for Rod, Jane and Freddy as I loved their songs and actually used them before I retired from teaching. A great trip down Memory Lane - but also great entertainment for little ones nowadays, too.