on 16 March 2011
I know the term waste of money is used a lot, but this is probably the biggest waste of money I have ever encountered.
The kit looked great on the outside of the box. I opened up the kit and everything was neatly packaged. However the trouble began when I started building the model.
Shaggy and Scooby are quite literally held in place by having two plastic pieces in their bum stuck into the seat. However, the plastic on their bums doesn't fit into the seat so they move freely around the model. Not only do Shaggy and Scooby not quite fit properly, but neither do many of the other pieces (e.g. lights, roof bars). The hardest part to fit was the inside seats, as the models fell out of the van, and the seats knocked the lights out of place. You may find yourself, unsnapping the items together to re-snap items that became unsnapped (if that makes sense). The bumped became unsnapped so many times in the end, the part that snapped together snapped off, so now the bumper is half on half off. The stickers that go on the Mystery Machine are pretty badly made, they rip easily and when pressing the stickers on to make sure they don't come off, the paint can fade.
But the worst part of the kit is that the axels were not included, meaning my machine does not have wheels. I now have to find a way of getting the axels. You can order them offline, but you have to pay, and since the kit comes all the way from America, it is very expensive.
I know in America the kits sell for $10-20, makes me regret wasting my []
Please don't buy it. If you want so save time and stress, just buy a mystery machine toy, I think character or some other toy company make them.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
on 9 February 2010
On the amazon advert for this product it does not say that it is for children 8 years and upwards and does not say that it needs putting together!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again