5.0 out of 5 stars This will cheer you up, 30 July 2009
Clever Spud (Birmingham) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Bernard: The Desert Island And Other Adventures [DVD] (DVD)
I love Bernard the bear. You can buy this DVD secure in the knowledge that even if your kids aren't interested, at least you'll be able to appreciate his doomed antics.

If anything, adults will be better able to emphasise with this increasingly bad-tempered bear, who is determined to overcome whatever obstacles life throws his way. Though, sometimes he does do a good job of throwing himself in life's way first. Rarely Bernard comes out ahead, but more usually it all ends in disaster for the stubborn buffoon.

26 episodes, of roughly 3-4 minutes per episode, so little and often is the order of the day.

5.0 out of 5 stars MUHAHAHAHA!!!, 25 Feb. 2010
Mervyn Walters (Wolverhampton) - See all my reviews
Bernard Bear just reminds me of me. He gets frustrated over little things and does stupid things as a result that only makes the situation worse. The dialogue is limited but that is part of the appear of Bernard, it's not needed! The colours are great and the animations are great, characters are well conceived and stories are varied and interesting.

I'm 25 and I can gladly sit and watch this, parents will love it too, probably more so than the youngsters! This is just innocent fun from a big silly bear with no hair!

5.0 out of 5 stars The new Tom & Jerry, 28 Dec. 2009
L. WHITE "MonkeyPiglett" (Hertfordshire, England) - See all my reviews
Hilarious fun for all the family! I bought it for my 18mnth old who screams with laughter at the bad tempered naughty bear and her Grandad laughs along with her. I'd definately recommend this title - well worth buying!Bernard Vol.1 - The Desert Island And Other Adventures [DVD]

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceedingly funny & brilliant animation, 20 Oct. 2009
Cornelius Driessen (Spain) - See all my reviews
Short, often breathtakingly funny, episodes of the misadventures of a polar bear. The storyboards and animation are quite inspired, it's not just a question of just being 3D, but the motion is brilliant. Added to this the detail is impressive - cars & boats tend to have rusty spots while walls are not uniform but have cracks and/or bits of plaster missing.

I don't tend to look at animation more than once, unless it has that indefinable something - when I can look at the same thing 3 or 4 times. But even this is small beer for certain episodes of Bernard.

5.0 out of 5 stars bernard dvd, 31 Mar. 2013
bernard the desert island and other adventures was a good dvd to to watch for all the family good buy

5.0 out of 5 stars Kids love it, 16 Dec. 2013
My 3 kids think it hilarious. The kids used to love this when it was on BBC and we came across it recently on Amazon. A great option for a wide age range - they are 3,6 and 8 and find the slap stick comedy a hoot. I am a little disappointed with the animation, it has a very computer generated quality and not much detail etc but the kids don't care so 5 stars!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cartoons, 15 April 2014
I bought this for my granddaughter to watch as she I knew she already loved the cartoons. She is totally entranced by the silly bear and how he gets into all sorts of scrapes and she laughs at his escapades every time. We even have time to dance to the music in between each cartoon!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hillarious, 29 Dec. 2012
Elaine (Mitcham, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I bought this for my 8 year old, he absolutely loves it, non stop humour. Bernard is quite the character and just one step away from harm. For adults and children alike. Highly recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT x, 9 Jan. 2010
M. Suter "Prof Shopper!" (Wales) - See all my reviews
Searched for this DVD and Amazon did it again, brilliant DVD arrived promptly and my 7yr old son was chuffed with it, watches over and over....good little cartoon, and very funny too x

5.0 out of 5 stars We all love Bernard, 30 Jan. 2012
Martin Philp (Guildford, Surrey England) - See all my reviews
Always entertaining, no matter how many times I have seen this, and the kids just love his antics. Thoroughly recommend for three yeas plus - especially boys!

Bernard: The Desert Island And Other Adventures [DVD]