4.0 out of 5 stars An Honest Response
I first saw Honest when it was aired on tv and I thought it was hilarious. I am a big Amanda Redman fan so it was nice to see her in something and the script is refreshing and unique. I would reccomend this to anyone who likes British tv and is game for a laugh.
Published on 30 July 2011 by TheEmi1y

3.0 out of 5 stars WARNING: NO SUBTITLES!
Published 9 months ago by R. D. O'Neill

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars WARNING: NO SUBTITLES!, 3 Jan 2014
R. D. O'Neill "henchard" (Leiston, Suffolk, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Honest - Series 1 - Complete [DVD] (DVD)
Amazon's description states that this has English subtitles--IT HAS NO SUBTITLES! I bought this item because the series sounded amusing, but since I am deaf the discs are of no use to me. I am sorry to lower the ratings for the series, which for all I know is excellent, but I am furious at the way Amazon's carelessness has misled me. And while I'm on the subject: why the hell can't Amazon's descriptions always state whether or not a DVD has subtitles (and get it right). I am sure that I am not the only deaf customer they have.

4.0 out of 5 stars An Honest Response, 30 July 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Honest brilliant, 30 May 2009
Erin Mccready (australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Honest - Series 1 - Complete [DVD] (DVD)
This is by far the best series I have ever watched . Very funny ,sad,and a great set of characters and storyline .Iwatched it all in one sitting did not want it to end Lent it to friends all said it was great

4.0 out of 5 stars where is series 2?, 8 Nov 2009
Mr. A. Gorton "tony gorton" (western australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Honest - Series 1 - Complete [DVD] (DVD)
A very good comedy series which needs a sequel or it will be one of those one offs which disappear without getting true appreciation,by the end of series 1 the charecters work well and is almost believable if you forget the odd bit of nonsence ,nevertheless well worth watching
amanda redman and sean pertwee are great and the rest dont do a bad job.
If you seriously like this programme then acquire the new zealand series called outrageous fortune which i have and after 2 episodes only you will see an x rated version of this series which is not for the faint hearted,when i first saw honest i thought that must have squeaked in but OF IS WELL BEYOND THAT.
If you dont laugh at Honest then unless you are offended by certain sub plots like the transvestite prison escapee or the escapades of the eldest daughter,then you have a problem.
Nicest thing about the show.... Burt Kwock as Mr Wong always thought he was great as cato in the pink panther

4.0 out of 5 stars A Pity There Was no Second Series, 3 Mar 2013
This review is from: Honest - Series 1 - Complete [DVD] (DVD)
I am a big fan of Amanda Redman . This series though, like a lot of UK productions is not about the star .A cast of well honed actors , great writing , well produced . I gave it four stars only because there was an unsatisfactory end . You could see where the second series would have gone.

3.0 out of 5 stars This isn't funny Ah! Ah! Drama., 14 Aug 2014
This review is from: Honest - Series 1 - Complete [DVD] (DVD)
I don't really know what to make of this series. A comedy drama it is not. It starts off with a lot of silly banter. The family have become accustomed to living off 'illegal earnings'. The father (Danny Webb) is sent to prison and spends the whole series therein. Lindsay Carter (Amanda Redman) the mother, decides the family are 'now' going to change their ways and get their rewards honestly. There is wrangling within the family and the story progresses. Throughout, bouncy mammaries are on display. There are a few coital scenes. Two in a swimming pool, one with the wife of an employer..........plenty of 'oohs' and 'ahs', it is laughable and rubbishy, the 'conjoined act' is very poorly acted out.
A profusion of expletives are voiced by Amanda Redman's character during the six episodes and the series peters out like a damp squib. Reluctantly, I give it three stars, just because of Amanda Redman's presence.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but not as good as braithwates, 28 Mar 2010
Jjcroad - See all my reviews
This review is from: Honest - Series 1 - Complete [DVD] (DVD)
Very funny Amanda very classy sexy talented as always. I'm a big fan of at home with the braitwates with amanda. Honest is same kind of plot. Honest is funny and so worth the price so cheap. There needs to be a series 5 for at home with the braithwates and a series 2 with honest. They could make the series into so much more. But buy it it's a gud laugh can't go wrong :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious!, 27 Nov 2013
This review is from: Honest - Series 1 - Complete [DVD] (DVD)
I was absolutely going on spec here as we never got this series over in Australia, but anything with Amanda Redman in is generally guaranteed to be good. The story was fantastic and there were some real laugh out loud moments. What a pity there was never a second series.

1.0 out of 5 stars Predictable and over-acted, 25 Sep 2013
This review is from: Honest - Series 1 - Complete [DVD] (DVD)
In theory, this should be a fantastic series; great actors, great plot. However, it just doesn't seem to work like it should. I like all the actors in this and it has so much potential, but I can't seem to put my finger on why it's just... wrong.

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed ...., 10 Aug 2013
Ian J. Drinkwater ""drinky"" (Melbourne Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Honest - Series 1 - Complete [DVD] (DVD)
... Thought it would be OK, because of the characters. Hilarious, acting well done, but had MIXED reactions. The continual "sexual" play times, over done. WHY ?? what did it do for the story ?

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Honest - Series 1 - Complete [DVD]
Honest - Series 1 - Complete [DVD] by Amanda Redman (DVD - 2008)