4.0 out of 5 stars An Honest Response
I first saw Honest when it was aired on tv and I thought it was hilarious. I am a big Amanda Redman fan so it was nice to see her in something and the script is refreshing and unique. I would reccomend this to anyone who likes British tv and is game for a laugh.
Published on 30 July 2011 by TheEmi1y

3.0 out of 5 stars WARNING: NO SUBTITLES!
Published 14 months ago by R. D. O'Neill

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars WARNING: NO SUBTITLES!, 3 Jan. 2014
R. D. O'Neill "henchard" (Leiston, Suffolk, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Honest - Series 1 - Complete [DVD] (DVD)
Amazon's description states that this has English subtitles--IT HAS NO SUBTITLES! I bought this item because the series sounded amusing, but since I am deaf the discs are of no use to me. I am sorry to lower the ratings for the series, which for all I know is excellent, but I am furious at the way Amazon's carelessness has misled me. And while I'm on the subject: why the hell can't Amazon's descriptions always state whether or not a DVD has subtitles (and get it right). I am sure that I am not the only deaf customer they have.

4.0 out of 5 stars An Honest Response, 30 July 2011

4.0 out of 5 stars where is series 2?, 8 Nov. 2009
Mr. A. Gorton "tony gorton" (western australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Honest - Series 1 - Complete [DVD] (DVD)
A very good comedy series which needs a sequel or it will be one of those one offs which disappear without getting true appreciation,by the end of series 1 the charecters work well and is almost believable if you forget the odd bit of nonsence ,nevertheless well worth watching
amanda redman and sean pertwee are great and the rest dont do a bad job.
If you seriously like this programme then acquire the new zealand series called outrageous fortune which i have and after 2 episodes only you will see an x rated version of this series which is not for the faint hearted,when i first saw honest i thought that must have squeaked in but OF IS WELL BEYOND THAT.
If you dont laugh at Honest then unless you are offended by certain sub plots like the transvestite prison escapee or the escapades of the eldest daughter,then you have a problem.
Nicest thing about the show.... Burt Kwock as Mr Wong always thought he was great as cato in the pink panther

5.0 out of 5 stars Honest brilliant, 30 May 2009
Erin Mccready (australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Honest - Series 1 - Complete [DVD] (DVD)
This is by far the best series I have ever watched . Very funny ,sad,and a great set of characters and storyline .Iwatched it all in one sitting did not want it to end Lent it to friends all said it was great

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but not as good as braithwates, 28 Mar. 2010
Jjcroad - See all my reviews
This review is from: Honest - Series 1 - Complete [DVD] (DVD)
Very funny Amanda very classy sexy talented as always. I'm a big fan of at home with the braitwates with amanda. Honest is same kind of plot. Honest is funny and so worth the price so cheap. There needs to be a series 5 for at home with the braithwates and a series 2 with honest. They could make the series into so much more. But buy it it's a gud laugh can't go wrong :)

4.0 out of 5 stars A Pity There Was no Second Series, 3 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Honest - Series 1 - Complete [DVD] (DVD)
I am a big fan of Amanda Redman . This series though, like a lot of UK productions is not about the star .A cast of well honed actors , great writing , well produced . I gave it four stars only because there was an unsatisfactory end . You could see where the second series would have gone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Honest DVD review, 2 Oct. 2010
Jennifer Mitchell (Clifton Park, NY, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Honest - Series 1 - Complete [DVD] (DVD)
A really enjoyable purchase, and a must have for any Outrageous Fortune or Scoundrel fans. I know viewers loyal to either of the former show like to get into shouting matching over which is best, but I say, enjoy them all. Each show's got its own favor, and while you might prefer one over the others there you should be able to have fun watching the different interpretations.

3.0 out of 5 stars Honest, 8 Aug. 2010
L. Sheffield (Ex UK now in NZ) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Honest - Series 1 - Complete [DVD] (DVD)
Good to see Amanda Redman in something different (From Tricks).
This is a New Zealand South Pacific pictures series that was both a big hit in New Zealand and the script rights were then sold to both UK and USA. Thus Honest was made and turned out to be far better than the USA series, but dont tell the yanks that!!

Was good watching - let's hope series 2 comes to be soon

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious!, 27 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Honest - Series 1 - Complete [DVD] (DVD)
I was absolutely going on spec here as we never got this series over in Australia, but anything with Amanda Redman in is generally guaranteed to be good. The story was fantastic and there were some real laugh out loud moments. What a pity there was never a second series.

1.0 out of 5 stars Predictable and over-acted, 25 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Honest - Series 1 - Complete [DVD] (DVD)
In theory, this should be a fantastic series; great actors, great plot. However, it just doesn't seem to work like it should. I like all the actors in this and it has so much potential, but I can't seem to put my finger on why it's just... wrong.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Honest - Series 1 - Complete [DVD]
Honest - Series 1 - Complete [DVD] by Amanda Redman (DVD - 2008)