4.0 out of 5 stars Carl Lewis Treadmill MOT566
I received this earlier this week and have to say I am very pleased thus far. It was quite straightforward to assemble with much of the assembly already complete on receipt. Programming the machine is easy and, having used it a couple of times, so far it works well. I'm 16 stone and there appears to be no slippage of the belt and the frame is quite sturdy.

All...
Published on 12 Nov. 2009 by C. Bradley

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Poor Customer Service from Carl Lewis
Published on 17 Nov. 2009 by C. Jones

4.0 out of 5 stars Carl Lewis Treadmill MOT566, 12 Nov. 2009
C. Bradley (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Carl Lewis Fitness MOT566 Folding Motor Treadmill (Old Version) (Sports)

All in all, a good buy, especially at this discounted price!!

4.0 out of 5 stars happy customer, 1 Jan. 2010
Mrs. C. Tyler (Cornwall UK) - See all my reviews
With mixed reviews I was wary on delivery and was asked to sign in 3 places. I read the last one and its for being in good order on delivery- I pointed out that I couldn't tell unless I unpacked it and put it together and this would take an hour or two - the delivery men said 'no sign, no goods' - so I had to sign with only a brief look at the things others have said were faulty such as the plastic front shield.
I did feel intimidated as the men just stood and watched - one walked away infact as it comes securely packaged and took a few minutes to unrap. However there was no fault with the machine and after a couple of hours it was working.
The fixing of the wiring IS fiddly and I ended up with my eleven year old pulling the wires through and holding onto them whilst I fixed the corresponding part on. Then forgot to put the rubber bung back over the hole which then is impossible to do due to other attatched parts - but this is cosmetic.
I am a female of 45 and managed to do this pretty much on my own with my daughter for moral support and some steadying help. The instructions are basic and could be so much better.
We are very pleased with this machine - its large, very sturdy and can see no reason to have spent more on anything else.
One star loss for delivery saga and fiddly wiring/basic instructions which could be better.
Claire

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Poor Customer Service from Carl Lewis, 17 Nov. 2009
C. Jones (Herefordshire, England) - See all my reviews
Treadmill delivered on 22nd October 2009 and doesn't work - belt doesn't run. 'Phoned Carl Lewis Fitness 'support services'. Put through to an engineer who suspected it was a 'sensor problem' and arranged to send an engineer out on either 3rd or 4th November. Received 'phone call from Carl Lewis Support on 3rd November - engineer 'gone sick' and will rearrange visit. Nothing more heard. 'Phoned Carl Lewis Support again on 12th November and was advised that no date had yet been arranged for an engineer to call and they would ring me back with a date. 17th November and still nothing heard. Very disappointed with a £500+ product which has not worked from Day 1 and a month later I am still waiting for an engineer to contact me to arrange to fix it. I am very disappointed with the very poor after sales customer service support from Carl Lewis Fitness and shall not be purchasing Carl Lewis Fitness Equipment again.

5.0 out of 5 stars One happy daughter, 10 Jan. 2010
J. L. Evans "Silver surfer" (Midlands GB) - See all my reviews
Bought this for my daughter as a Xmas present. She used to be a road runner but finds this product fulfils the role for fitness, whatever the weather she can have a run. This is just what she wanted, no complaints on this treadmill.