5.0 out of 5 stars Electronic Cat Food Trays
Absolutely brilliant. Just what I needed for a weekend away and did not have to worry neighbours to come in and feed my cat. I found it easy to set up and although my cat is not the brightest of cats he took to it very well. Thank you.
Published on 27 Mar. 2010 by Maz Smith

3.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant
Published 16 months ago by jane

5.0 out of 5 stars Electronic Cat Food Trays, 27 Mar. 2010
Maz Smith (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Trixie TX2 Automatic Food Dispenser, 300 ml/ 27 × 7 × 24 cm, Granite/ Black (Misc.)

3.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 7 Dec. 2013
This is perfect for what I need, but it would be no good if you want it to open at a precise time. You can set each bowl timer individually, for any number of hours up to 48. So you could set one to open in the morning and one in the evening for example. If you set one for say, three hours time, it will open in approximately three hours, so could be a bit earlier, or a bit later. That doesn't bother me, as long as my cats will have food in the morning, and again in the evening on the days when I can't be there to feed them, is good enough for me.

This is an absolute Godsend for me, as I have one large greedy cat and his much smaller sister. I have to leave them for a couple of days occasionally, and I leave a large bowl of dried food for them, plenty for two days if not more. I am pretty sure he scoffs the lot within hours of my leaving, and she doesn't get a look in! I come home to empty bowls and hungry cats. Now I can leave food down when I go away, plus have one half of the automatic feeder open that evening, and the other half open the following morning. I can then feed them as usual later that day when I return.

It has a large space in each side, each with a removable bowl that fits in to it. It comes with 2 ice packs that sit inside the feeder, under the bowls, to keep the food cold. If you use dried food, and don't need the ice pack, you could remove the bowl and fill the space with food. It would then hold a lot. I would do this if I had to leave them for a longer than a couple of days. I would then have one half open in 24 hours, and the other in 48 hours.

I got this on a lightning deal at £17. I think that is still quite expensive considering it's only plastic. The timers are like the manual kitchen timers, which you turn to a number and it gradually works its way back round to 0, except these ones require batteries, (which aren't included!). I can't see that they cost much to produce.

I should have dropped a star for the price and the lack of included batteries, but I gave it five stars, as it's so useful to me, and it works as it should!

Edit: I have changed the review now to 3 stars as one side has stopped working. I can still use the one remaining side, but Ideally I need to feed them twice while I'm away. Disappointed!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy with automatic Trixie cat feeder, 10 May 2010
This is excellent! We have 2 indoor cats who used to be a pain at night waking us up to feed them even though we fed them at the same time every morning. But since using this cat feeder they don't anymore & they took to it straight away. And it doesn't tick as other feeders do.

5.0 out of 5 stars ideal for the dog, 29 Jan. 2014
we needed something so that we could give our dog medication during the day, this feeder was exactly what we wanted. Now, when we put it on the floor set for later in the day, the dog stares at it waiting for the lid to open.
She has also tried to open it herself, but not managed it as yet.
(not bad when she can rip a tennis ball to bits in under 10 mins, and plastic toys wrecked in less than 5 mins.)
Brilliant!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars A super cat-feeder., 22 Oct. 2013
So reasonably priced and effective.
I can now go to bed in the knowledge that I won't be wakened at dawn by three fighting and hungry cats! Bliss.
Its battery has a cover, so it can't be knocked out if the cats nuzzle the device around.
A good design and also a cooler pack for each feeding tray enabling wet food to be chilled.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does as it should, 13 Dec. 2012
Keeps the cat happy and in her normal eating routine when we have to go away for a long day.
I have two now, ideal for feeding her if we have to stay elsewhere overnight.

Moo's happy, we're happy!

1.0 out of 5 stars Failed to work, 13 Sept. 2013
G. Moffat - See all my reviews
Unfortunately the product was not fit for purpose as the mechanise failed to work correctly if at all.

Goog idea poorly implimented.

Returning.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent item, 19 Jan. 2013
This is ideal for when you can't be at home to feed your pet. 48 hour in advance timer can be set and freezer packs can be put under the good dish to keep the food chilled. My cats are happy to eat from the dish.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not reliable, 24 Feb. 2011
I would say the machine is not well-made, the 1/4 of the numbers(hours) on the dial are already scratched and I just cannot get the machine to work reliably. I tested the machine over 2 days and both sides, especially the right hand side, only opens 1 out of 3-4 times. Also, there is no "off" button to stop the timer when you do not use it other than taking the batteries out (battery compartment is very flimpsy) or have the lid open. Have to return it, at my own costs, of course !

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank You, 22 Aug. 2012
I occasionally look after my daughter's cat and never used to get a full nights sleep. Why, about 0330 he gets hungry and wakes me up for a feed. Tried ignoring him - doesn't work. Bought this feeder and like magic his food appears at 0330 and I get a full nights sleep! He's happy, I'm happy, purrfect!