Price:£16.95+ £2.95 shipping

on 9 February 2009
i bought this as a gift for valentines day (i'm from the days with real mix tapes). this is an excellent idea, and if it was a bit cheaper it would be well worth getting, but its basically a usb stick in a creative cardboard box... they could of at least thrown in the plastic tape case, instead i used one of my own.

to sum it up, great idea, not very well executed, disappointing
on 23 May 2008
I was totally won over by what looked like a novel gift idea. I like making compliations for people anyway and this seemed like a nice way to package it. Don't get me wrong, I think it's an excellent idea but it's poorly executed. Firstly the "tape" casing is made from cardboard - it's fairly rigid but not amazingly so. Secondly (and more importantly) the USB stick is tiny. The one I got held 62.0MB of space in which I managed to squeeze 12 tracks by creating a folder then compressing it. Without the compression it managed to take nine of the tracks I'd selected. This fell short of the hour of music the packaging promised.

Like I said - great idea but feel I'd have been better off buying some blank CDs for the £20 spent on this. The fact that the USB stick will be barely useable for any day to day file transfer after it's gifted is also a sticking point. Get CDs or for the same £20 an 8GB USB stick and package it in an old tape box - same effect but you can give more music and a decent pen drive.
on 6 March 2013
I've never written a review on Amazon before, despite having made many purchases, but I felt compelled to advise people not to buy this product. Do not think (as I mistakenly did from looking at the pictures and considering the price) that this is anything like a plastic cassette tape, it is nothing more than a folded piece of cardboard with an image printed on it. As other people have said..... great idea, just very poorly executed, an absolute embarrassment for the price!
on 31 March 2010
THis is a fun item hearkening back to the days of Mixtapes (which I'm sure we all remember fondly). Obviously it's just a USB stick in some clever packaging - and it's the packaging you're paying for it seems.
on 3 November 2011
While looking for unusual gifts for my boyfriend, I came across this, and was instantly impressed. What a unique and original gift this turned out to be!

I honestly expected the packaging around the usb device to be more than just cardboard, butit did not ruin the effect of the gift overall. There's a place for the song titles to be written down, just like on a real mix-tape.

It has a wonderful nostalgic feel, and made a fantastic gift!
on 4 July 2012
I got this for a Christmas pressie and created a mix 'USB' for my friend. Lots of fun and made me feel young again.......what more could you want ;)
on 15 February 2012
A great way to give friends a mix tape - only problem was that the songs didn't come in the order that was the playlist on itunes
on 3 June 2013
The memory stick is great, and it's 1GB so holds plenty of songs, and the overall product is great. However, the 'tape' is simply made of cardboard - not a problem, just something I didn't notice when ordering. Also, it's made to look slightly old and grubby, which again isn't a problem, but not something mentioned/noticeable when buying.
on 15 December 2014
This object is not at all what it looks like !
I thought it was a real tape but in fact it's just a piece of cardboard printed with a 1 Go usb key.
£ 20 is way to much for a 1Go USB key !
I had to return it because it wasn't printed correctly and I felt scammed by this !
on 5 January 2012
I really thought this would be an original present, but on receiving it, I felt too embarrassed to actually give it. The quality is appalling, the plastic-look ridiculous and even the stickers on it are not placed straight. I would most definitely not recommend this product.