4.0 out of 5 stars Great cream - rubbish packaging
Published 23 months ago by Vix

1.0 out of 5 stars overpowering smell
I really like burts bees products so was glad when i found this as i thought it would probably smell good and do a great job. My son doesnt get nappy rash very often, but he had a little so my mum put some on when looking after him. When I returned, all I could smell was the cream and assumed she must have put way too much on.

Later, he had done a number 2, and...
Published 12 months ago by lou

4.0 out of 5 stars Great cream - rubbish packaging, 8 May 2013
This review is from: Burt's Bees Baby Bee 55 g Diaper Ointment (Personal Care)
I've bought this cream a couple of times now as it's fab for healing up any nappy rash/soreness. I really can't fault the cream, it has a great smell and doesn't rub off or soak into the nappy like some other creams, it stays where it's needed! I just hate the tube it comes in though; it's very difficult to get out as it's so thick and it seems as if it doesn't last very long at all. I think this is mainly due to the fact that most of it is stuck in the mouth of the tube! Last time I cut the tube to get the last of it out...packaging re-think maybe, Burt's Bees?

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have for all moms!, 8 July 2011
This review is from: Burt's Bees Baby Bee 55 g Diaper Ointment (Personal Care)
I was told about this cream by my sister and I have never looked back. Wasted so much money on trying all other creams, even prescribed creams, nothing worked except Burts Bees! This cream is brilliant, a £[] tub lasts me 3-4 months, well worth the money! I don't even have to use it all the time now, always at night though. Never ever had a sore or even red bottom since. Amazing!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 22 May 2011
This review is from: Burt's Bees Baby Bee 55 g Diaper Ointment (Personal Care)
I have 11 month old twins and was given this in a hamper when they were born but only just got around to trying it! I really wish I'd used it sooner. It really is a good product. My babies are both teething and some days sudocrem just isn't enough. Babybee Diaper Ointment really seems to work well, it stays on longer and the babies are happier. I'd highly recommend it. It doesn't last me long if I use it all the time but its great to have for when they really need something more!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous!, 4 Aug. 2011
This review is from: Burt's Bees Baby Bee 55 g Diaper Ointment (Personal Care)
I first discovered this by way of a free sample in one of the bounty packs. It smells gorgeous, a little goes a very long way (just as well as it is a bit pricier than others), but more importantly it works brilliantly on my newborn. Once my free sample finished I moved on to two other brands (Johnsons and another one) but both made her skin very sore and were stopped immediately. Only down side about Burt's is that I have to order online (not available in stores locally) so now have to keep a check on my stocks - so worth it though!

5.0 out of 5 stars best nappy ointment, 31 Jan. 2012
Daniela Ionta (Rome, Italy) - See all my reviews
Hi guys,
this i the best nappy ointment one little bummy could ever desire.
It is the most effecting on rashes and the most delicate at the same time.
No nasties, just all the good oils for your baby skin.
My baby has always have a very sensitive skin, and since I discover this product our
life changes: no more doctors.
It is very difficult to buy in shops tho', and my former suppliers (an organic shop down the road, waitrose and John lewis)
are not longer selling it.
So please start buying it as there is no reason to go for other ointments (and I may find it easily in shops!)

1.0 out of 5 stars overpowering smell, 19 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Burt's Bees Baby Bee 55 g Diaper Ointment (Personal Care)

Later, he had done a number 2, and this actually masked the smell, and I hadnt even noticed, so I cant say how long it had been there. When I came to change him, he was extremely sore and red (so obviously I felt awful for not even noticing he needed changing). I always change my son straight away so couldn't believe that this was so strong as to mask an unpleasant smell. I gave him a bath and thought I would see how good the cream is and use a smaller amount than I assumed my mum had used.

The cream is extremely hard to get out of the tube (no good if you have any problems with your hands) but i got a very small amount out and used this, the smell was still just as bad with a small amount and has made me feel a bit sick all day. I continued to use a very small amount but the nappy rash is still just as red and sore. I gave him a bath but there is still some left (I see this as a bad thing, but understand others may see the benefit of that).

I prefer my baby to smell nice and gentle, like johnsons baby, not like an old lady, so I wont be using this again. The price is also very expensive for a small tube of nappy cream that I'm guessing you wont be able to use past 1/2 - 3/4 full due to how hard it is to get out (this would be far better in a tub like sudocrem). If it actually made my sons skin any better, it might have got 2 stars, but unlike other creams which clear it up more or less in a day, this has had no impact. I do like the consistency, which goes on smoothly and when out of the tube is not too stiff and not too runny, but that isn't enough for me to ever consider buying or recommending this again. I've tried a few creams but I am really disappointed, back to Bepanthen for me (although im not keen on the consistency of Bepanthen).

I would say the smell is a mix of Sudocrem and Vicks vaporub, it has that herbal smell to it, but i just found this far too over powering, and I would guess it must be an uncomfortable smell for little sensitive noses who are so close to it too.

5.0 out of 5 stars BURTS BEES, 8 April 2011
This review is from: Burt's Bees Baby Bee 55 g Diaper Ointment (Personal Care)
BURTS BEES DIAPER OINTMENT WHAT AN AMAZING PRODUCT THIS IS ,NOT ONLY WORKS WONDERS ON BABIES NAPPY RASH BUT ALSO OTHER SKIN PROBLEMS IN ADULTS HEALS AND SOOTHES SPLIT SKIN AROUND THE FINGERS AND HAVE ALSO HAD SUCCESS USING IT ON ITCHY TOES IN HOT WEATHER.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what it used to be!, 11 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Burt's Bees Baby Bee 55 g Diaper Ointment (Personal Care)
I have been a huge fan of Burts Bees' products since the birth of my son over four years ago. I did a lot of research on what I would use on my newborn and was happy with what Burts Bees had to offer. Since then, we have ONLY used Burts Bees for everything: lotion, bath, etc. But since they changed the tube design it seems to have all gone down hill!

Additionally, beware of batch number: "2731101" because the consistency is grainy and lumpy as though it was not mixed/stored properly.

I complained to Burts Bee and they dismissed my complaint and ADDED me to their mailing list!!!

BIGGEST NEGATIVES:

The design of the new Burts Bees Babybee diaper ointment. The tube is now shorter and wider compared to the old design. I find that once you are half way through the tube it is almost impossible to squeeze the rest of the ointment out, which is very frustrating and annoying! We've started to cut the tubes in order to get out the remaining ointment. Having to do this obviously compromises the hygiene as we are having to stick our finger into the tube and it is then left exposed afterwards.

I would be horrified if this design change was intended to sell more tubes, in hopes that parents will just give up and throw out the half used tubes. I have always been loyal to this product even though it is far more expensive than the other brands because I believe it works; however, having gone through six of these new tubes, I am tired of being annoyed and frustrated by my child's nappy cream (how ridiculous!)

Frustrated and annoyed, I have found a new nappy cream and will be switching to Weleda products for my newborn.

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 11 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Burt's Bees Baby Bee 55 g Diaper Ointment (Personal Care)
After reading excellent reviews of this cream during my pregnancy I decided try it out. My baby boy is now nine weeks old and his bottom is beautiful! I've seen negative comments on the price but a tube lasts me over a month and i use it at every diaper change! The consisteny is nice and the smell is beautiful. The product can be a little seperated when first opened but the oils that come out, i rub on my hands and they too become baby soft. The only reason I am not giving this product a five star review is that I feel the packaging could be better,i have to take the lid off to get the cream out when it is running low and after that, i cut the tube open to find there's still a good portion of cream left; it can also be quite tricky to squeeze it out of the tube. However, the packaging does not affect the perfect quality of this safe and all natural diaper ointment. I highly recommend it and have just bought my sister and her baby some too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Creamy barrier, 10 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Burt's Bees Baby Bee 55 g Diaper Ointment (Personal Care)
I use other Berts Bees products on my daughter and this is no exception to their great products to the point that I now use a few of their products for myself :)
This is a thicker barrier than other mainstream brands that I have used and is in a handy tube to transport around in my mummy bag.
A little goes a long way and if your child suffers regularly with nappy rash, I would definitely recommend this diaper cream.
My daughter has had nappy rash only a few times, once in reaction to strawberries.
It didn't take long for it to clear up after cleaning down the area thoroughly, then drying with a cotton pad, followed by a nice layer of this thick and steadfast cream. It cleared much quicker than other mums had suggested their little ones had suffered a rash!
I am really pleased with all the Burts Bees products I have used!

Burt's Bees Baby Bee 55 g Diaper Ointment