on 27 July 2010
A fan of the Kings Singers since their inception many moons ago! All my LPs have long since gone - saw this on Amazon & thought it would be a representative selection to get me goung again. I was not disappointed, even though none of the original singers are still in the group the sound is still as authentic as ever. I shall be collecting others from Amazon, they're already on my wish list!
on 12 April 2009
This collection of a wide range of music from the King's Singers is really amazing. They seem to be at home with everything from 15th century music to Lennon & McCartney. I really enjoyed listening to these recordings and can thoroughly recommend them.
on 17 July 2013
As the title says, this double CD compilation (48 tracks) offers a very pleasant & rich display of the previous acclaimed recordings from this famous British male vocal group. All along the differents parts, we can feel the airy melodic spirit and their mastering singing skills among the several replacing "voice musicians" who have succeeded.
Recordings ranging from their from 1974 (madrigals) to 1990 (classical pieces) with in between some traditional English folk songs, Elizabethan arias to a few of their famous interpretation of Beatles or Jazz songs. This double CD comes with a 15 page booklet (half in English, half in German) with a short resume (3 1/2 page) of this world renowned vocal formation.
Definitely a "Must Have" as a sample of vocal group recordings mostly A Capella.
on 23 April 2016
A great collection of great music.
on 16 February 2012
This CD was one of the most disappointing purchases I have ever made, because of the content which was not what I was expecting for the Kings Singers "Greatest Hits". I must have been listening to the wrong group.