on 2 November 2010
I bought this not knowing what type of recordings I would get, I only use it from SKY to record documentaries through the SCART etc, I used a Pentium 1.5 GHZ at first, with 2 GB ram, but this was not powerful enough, you need a 64bit x2 min with 4GB Ram for good results, don't bother with anything less. It will tune TV through your Ariel, but don't bother with the supplied Ariel, it's crap. If you use your TV Ariel, then you can download the program guide for your channels in windows media centre. I have not used the HD facility yet, but in time I will, also I record in WMA mode as I watch TV through my PC, much better than a TV.
I think this product is worth the money, but in time it will be surpassed by new technology. Hope this helps
on 23 January 2010
This is a great product, initially I had a Hauppauge WinTV Card, but found reception was awful. But he Aver card worked first time out the box, simply intuitive software, I highly recommend this product 5 stars.
on 5 March 2010
Great product for good price. Works fine. Good quality video. Better not connect it directly to USB port use a USB cable extension.
on 13 January 2012
Doesn't want to tune in any "freeview" digital TV channels - despite signal being very strong here. It maybe that Freeview is not using the "DVB-T" protocol suported by this product - in which case, My mistake in buying it, but others beware!

A point to note - It is very difficult yo find out whether Freeview is or isnt DVB-T
on 7 November 2011
This works a treat, plugged it in and away it went. Does everything we wanted. Excellent service from the company, it arrived next day.
on 23 May 2011
Just what the title says, the composite video is terrible. I don't plan to watch tv, I purchased the product to play my ps3 on my laptop. Well...as you can guess the video quality is blurry, it's dark and even raising the brightness doesn't help.