5.0 out of 5 stars Best album so far, 15 Feb 2008
This review is from: Count To Ten (Audio CD)
I agree with the other reviewers, I think this is the best release yet from Tina Dico. All the songs have a lyrical integrity and a definite charm, with no weak additions. Musically and vocally I think Tina Dico has really excelled. I too am mystified that she isn't more well-known in the UK!!
The sound of Tina Dico has really matured and this album absolutely fulfils the potential found in earlier albums. I think its an interesting collection of songs examining different topics, mainly from a perspective of personal confusion or uncertainty, or from within the normal sort of 'human struggles'.
I really love the title track 'Count To Ten' - I think it excellently captures a sense of growing anxiety and proximity to some kind of breakdown, with a vocal and instrumental intensity. 'You Know Better' is also a superb and deeply poignant track, sung beautifully. 'Open Wide' is very interesting vocally and musically, and really catchy. The lyrics are very emotive and once more, Tina Dico sings it really well. 'Sacre Coeur' is possibly one of my faviourite tracks, in that it really accurately depicts a human dilemma and maintains the consistent quality.
If you've heard Tina Dico this a definite must-have, because she's really matured and delivered a wonderful album. If you've not heard her, give this a try!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Real Grower, 5 Feb 2008
This review is from: Count To Ten (Audio CD)
Tina Dico should be about as big as any female artist there is. Why she isn't can only be due to lack of publicity here in the UK - she's massive in her homeland of Denmark. This is a great album but it does take a few listens to sink under the skin. While it lacks the catchiness of Warm Sand, Give In or One it has some equally-great but less-immediate highlights such as Open Wide, Night Cab, You Know Better, My Business & Everybody Knows. The production here is also much richer than In The Red too - all the more impressive because she did it herself. This is a real mature pop gem and one that should have real longevity.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Worthy Addition To The Tina Dico Portfolio, 20 Jan 2008
Mr. P. J. Wensor "Spaldinium" (South Lincs, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Count To Ten (Audio CD)
Having bought the Swedish release of the album before Christmas, and played it again and again, I can say that this is a great successor to "In The Red".

It's not quite so dreamy as the title track to "In The Red" or heartfelt as tracks such as "My Mirror", but is very listenable.

There's also the feel of early Lloyd Cole in some of the guitar - which is no bad thing.

If you've liked the previous releases, buy it.

If this will be your introduction, you won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Miss Mouse, 10 Mar 2008
A. J. Luke (Brighton UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Count To Ten (Audio CD)
Count to ten is brilliant! This album is probably a little more rocky than the other albums 'In the Red' and 'Far' though these are also excellent. I first saw her live a few years ago when she was supporting A-ha in Brighton. Since then I have been to see her play a couple of times when she has been here. I recommend to anyone that they see her play as the cd's can be a little processed, compared to a live performance.
She is also on 'You Tube' etc if you need a sneaky peek before purchasing. Enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome and Stunning Addition, 10 Mar 2008
This review is from: Count To Ten (Audio CD)
I first heard Tina Dico when I was given 'In the Red' by my wife as a present. I immediately fell in love with the albums wonderful lyrics and moving melodies. Count to Ten, contrary to some reviews, does move her on musically. The lyrics, as ever, are from the heart about life experience. Musically I think this album is a little richer in terms of experimentation with different styles and is great for it. Vocally it is perfect and Tina delivers another flawless and moving album. Stand out tracks are for me 'You Know Better' and 'Sacre Coeur'. See her live and you will be left with no question as to her Talent, stunning!

5.0 out of 5 stars Strong Songwriting!, 13 Jan 2008
Morten Vindberg (Denmark) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Count To Ten (Audio CD)
The new album from Danish singer Tina Dico, must be her strongest - so far. Extremely well produced and filled with strong personal songs. Musically I find her in the same league as Sarah McLachlan and Sheryl Crow; without quite having the vocal strength of McLachlan or the knack of writing hits like Crow - at least not yet - In fact I would not be surprised if one or two of the songs on this great collection actually made it to the charts.

Some of the songs have an immediate catchiness about them; such as "On the Run", "My Business" and perhaps , "You Know Better" - which after a quite first verse turns into a great power-pop ballad.

Overall it feels like a very personal album with fine lyrics dealing with existential questions about finding oneself. Some songs won't have the immediate appeal of the before mentioned; but the moving and keytrack "Sacre Coeur", the fine ballad "Open Wide", the half-acoustic "Night Cab" and not least the bluesy and soulful "Cruel to the Sensitive Kind" are likely grow on you. Somehow "Cruel to the Sensitive Kind" reminds me of Sheryl Crow's "I Believe"

There are really no weak tracks here - apart from the un-necessary hidden track.

All in all an impressive effort from Tina Dico.

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't Wait, 27 Dec 2007
Gordon Cochrum "Brooks" (Dallas, TX USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Count To Ten (Audio CD)
The stuff I've heard on MySpace is so amazing!
I really cannot wait.

Brooks
Dallas, Texas USA

4.0 out of 5 stars Compelling, 13 July 2008
IWFIcon - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Count To Ten (Audio CD)
Perhaps better known for her collaborations with Zero 7, Count To Ten is Tina Dico's fourth album, and the follow up to 2006's Into The Red. If there is any justice in the world (thanks Lemarr) Tina Dico might finally get recognised more for her own work.

If acoustically-tinged pop is your thing then there will be much to delight you within the tracks here. On The Run is a gently rocking track that moves from it's 60's-esque guitar backed verse into a stomping sing-a-long chorus, My Business is the hit-single Sheryl Crow has been looking for for the past decade, Everybody Knows is a an emotional tear-jerker and Open Wide had my next-door neighbour looking over the fence (quite literally) and asking me who the artist in question was.

Things do get a little pedestrian at times, and you do find yourself wishing that Dico would rock out just a little bit more at times, but this is still a very good record. Intelligent lyrics, catchy melodies and a compelling voice, Tina Dico has everything you could want in spades

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 7 Sep 2008
Chris Booth "Chris B" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Count To Ten (Audio CD)
Already a fan of Tina Dico, I've been listening to this album non-stop for about 4 months now. It's a breathtakingly beautiful piece of work. I can't recommend it highly enough. The way that Tina expresses her fears, beliefs, loves, femininity and heartbreak is honest and compelling. Tina has tapped into a rich vein of creativity and long may she continue. Her melodies kill me! Buy this record and give it time. She is a true force of nature.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant catchy tuned album, 12 July 2008
This review is from: Count To Ten (Audio CD)
Seen Tina live several times and she is always exceptional so much better than a lot of the untalented singers who make it high in the charts. Tina writes beauiful songs that will grow on you and you can listen to them repeatedly without ever getting tired of hearing them. I have all her albums and EPs and advise anyone who hears of Tina playing nearby, go and see her, you won't be dissappointed.

Count To Ten
Count To Ten by Tina Dico (Audio CD - 2008)