5.0 out of 5 stars Great Talent
Published on 24 Jan. 2008 by Alberto

1.0 out of 5 stars UGHH!
This is one of the worst singles ever!
I could not believe how many sound checks it took to make this single
He butchered the song!!!
How he ever lasted that long on teh X - Factor i
will never know
Before you give this 5 stars listen
to alexnadra's nad leona's winning single and listen to the live performance. His live performance is even...
Published on 17 Feb. 2009

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Talent, 24 Jan. 2008
Alberto (Vancouver, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: When You Believe (Audio CD)
I am from Canada and I bought Leon's single cd from Amazon.ca for CDN$12.99 (the cost of one full cd here in Canada) but I think it is worth it. Leon is a great and talented singer. He has the voice, charisma, likeability, humility and versatility. When he sings, he sings for and connects to the audience. As shown in the X Factor contest, he can sing ballads, pop, big band, jazz, disco. He makes you listen to him, sing with him, and makes you feel he is singing to you and for you. The fact that he is only 18 (now 19) makes him even more incredible.
I initially saw him singing with Michael Buble at Wimbley on YouTube and I was impressed with him. Now, I have seen all his performances on YouTube. His transformation from a nervous kid to an incredible confident yet still humble talent is quite amazing to say the least. I am looking forward to his first full-length CD. I will buy it no matter how much it cost here in Canada.
To those people who criticize Leon, that is your right but give Leon the respect he deserves because he truly has the X Factor. He is as good as Leona and Shane although they are all different.

5.0 out of 5 stars ahem! excuse me, 25 Dec. 2007
Bj Lucas "saculnamron" (England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: When You Believe (Audio CD)
ok, this is not the place to be debating who should have won the x factor or to be getting personal. That's not reviewing, that's playground name calling.

to be honest, the lad obviously did struggle at first. On the first night of the live shows he obviuoulsy wasn't his best.

However, by the time of the live final he was a different lad. He got rid of his nerves and... for those who say his voice is digitally enhanced on the single. rubbish!! did no one hear him sing live in the final, holy cow! are some of you mad?

nobody hearing him sing in the final could deny the boy can sing, and he turns in a mighty silky smooth performance, that could compete with the best.

5.0 out of 5 stars Leon Jackson, 14 July 2013
This review is from: When You Believe (Audio CD)
Leon Jackson was a really great singer and was really impressed with the show as it dose produce some good talent.

4.0 out of 5 stars music, 20 Jan. 2010
This review is from: When You Believe (Audio CD)
This cd arrived in good shape, albeit nearly 4 weeks before we got it and considering it was a gift not so good

4.0 out of 5 stars I have never even watched X-factor!!, 8 Jan. 2008
Christine Plumbridge (West Sussex, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: When You Believe (Audio CD)
I have only heard this song on the radio. I had absolutely no idea who the guy was - I just knew I liked the song so I came into Amazon to check. I think he has a really good voice. I am not sure if I like it enough to buy a complete CD but I certainly intend to get the single.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great voice, lovely personality, worthy winner, 20 Dec. 2007
J. Foster (Northants, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: When You Believe (Audio CD)
This is a beautiful version of a lovely song, and should leap to No 1 for Christmas. Listen with your eyes closed and you would not believe that it is the voice of an 18 year old. I love it, and can't wait to hear more from Leon. Good luck.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm so glad Leon won the X Factor, 28 Feb. 2008
L. Green "Feltano" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Barcode: 0886972201627

There's three reasons why i was so glad Leon won. 1 - I'm a massive fan of Dannii Minogue and was so pleased for her that one of her acts won the show in the end. 2 - Leon has a great voice which he is really allowed to showcase on 'When You Believe'. 3 - He was the most genuinely likable out of the all the contestants and just kept getting better every week.

'When You Believe' is a cover of the Mariah Carey/Whiteney Houston hit from 1998 and while following the same vein as previous X-Factor winners' ballads, it is never boring. Instead it is a charming rendition, well produced and rightfully got to number 1 in the UK charts. All i can say is well done Leon, it'll be interesting to see where he takes this and what he can come up with for his album/next single.

The b-sides are live covers of 'Fly Me To The Moon' and Michael Buble's 'Home' from the live X-Factor shows and show Leon's versatility at tackling both ballads and classic swing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fandabbydosy, 19 Dec. 2007
This review is from: When You Believe (Audio CD)
It is a good version of the Maria Carey song I just hope that they don't produce an album of cover versions for this young lad because at only eighteen years of age he has a rich voice which is more suited to the American Standards. He is a young man full of potential.

5.0 out of 5 stars Silky Smooth, 20 Dec. 2007
This review is from: When You Believe (Audio CD)
Fantastic first single from this talented youngster. Seems a pity it is going to get bad reviews from those who haven't even bought it due to their obsession with RR! You know who you are and shame on how low you will all stoop. I highly recommend this beautiful song to all who have an open mind and no hidden agenda.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, Beautiful, Should Be Number 1, 21 Dec. 2007
This review is from: When You Believe (Audio CD)
Leon is amazing, his cover is better than the other guy's. He deserved ti win!!!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

When You Believe
When You Believe by Leon Jackson (Audio CD - 2007)