Format: Blu-ray|Change

on 11 April 2008
I really like John Krasinski so I had hoped to love this. Unfortunately this film never quite hits the mark. Mandy Moore is quite irritating and I just can't imagine anyone ever getting themselves caught up in the story line. It's a shame because the potential is there but License to Wed just misses. On the plus side, John K. is gorgeous as ever and it's a bit of a treat for fans of The Office (An American Workplace) as there are cameos from a few of the cast. Pretty average stuff.
on 12 March 2008
I have been a Robin Williams fan for many years and was really looking forward to seeing him play this character. However, the characters and scenarios here were unbelievable - As we watch the young groom being constantly bullied by his future wife, her family and her strange minister into uncomfortable scenes where William's character seems more sinister than funny.
One or two funny scenarios, but for us the overall film felt uncomfortable and lacked any believability.
on 30 October 2007
Mandy Moore as Sadie Jones and John Krasinski as Ben Murphy decide they want to get married. He wishes to marry in the tropics, but Sadie chooses to get married at her hometown church of St. Augustine's. The pastor of the church is the Reverend Frank, played by Robin Williams. And he will not bless their union until they pass his patented, foolproof marriage-prep course.

Of course to add pressure to the situation, the church only has one wedding slot available in the next two years so they must take this course. Reverend Frank does all he can in this course to cause conflict in their relationship and show them what they could face. He claims his course needed to make them ready for what lays ahead. And throughout the movie both Sadie and John get advice from those who have failed relationships instead of each other.

One thing is sure, and that is if anyone can make it through this course, they are in love. A good marriage is a lot of work and in its own way this movie explores that. The movie has its moments. This movie is worth watching, especially with the one you your significant other.
on 30 July 2012
The storyline it self, has a wide range of corners and routes which could easily make this film a laugh-out loud comedy for everyone, sadly, this is not the case.

The characters, are all very unlikable, Robin Williams is not even that funny in this movie, I would consider this movie more of a romance film than a comedy.

I watched it, it slightly amused me, and now it will most likely gather dust for years to come. This movie is not 'breaking boundaries' nor does it leave me in stitches.

This movie is worth a rent rather than a purchase.
on 30 September 2014
License to Wed is exactly what I expected it to be when watching the previews. An overall average movie, nothing mind blowing, but also not impossible to watch.

The movie is a little cliché at points and most of it you have seen before in whatever romantic comedy you decide to think of, but there are a few additions to this movie that made it enjoyable for me.
on 6 July 2014
Saw this as part of celebrating a wedding anniversary. Best to describe it as Good Morning Vietnam meets a wedding. Robin Williams as good as usual, I wonder how much was scripted. In short a marriage course from Hell!!! My wife and I did one but nothing like the one depicted in the film thank goodness.
on 9 April 2008
Storyline sounds like it's going to be a good one but somehow the film just doesn't live up to that. It wasn't particularly funny, I think I only laughed once and although there were some potentially interesting issues to be explored the actors couldn't manage to get the most out of it.
on 8 July 2013
This really is one for the Ladies, I bought it for my Wife as a surprise. She always watches my War movies so I thought it would be nice to get something she would enjoy for a change. She loved it and I ate Popcorn. It was a good movie though and worth the money.
on 9 June 2014
The storyline is of a couple who just go engaged and are trying to orgainse a wedding but before they can get married they have to go through couples counseling.
It is alright for a laugh.
Product arrived in good condition.
on 19 September 2014
i have enjoy watching this films it was really lovely film to watch and think i will watch again because i think he is funny and make you laugh i do like robin williams films are the best