4.0 out of 5 stars Chick Flick!
This really is one for the Ladies, I bought it for my Wife as a surprise. She always watches my War movies so I thought it would be nice to get something she would enjoy for a change. She loved it and I ate Popcorn. It was a good movie though and worth the money.
Published 14 months ago by Mr. D. Ryan

3.0 out of 5 stars Very average romantic comedy
Published on 11 April 2008 by CJR

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Very average romantic comedy, 11 April 2008
This review is from: License to Wed [DVD] [2007] (DVD)
I really like John Krasinski so I had hoped to love this. Unfortunately this film never quite hits the mark. Mandy Moore is quite irritating and I just can't imagine anyone ever getting themselves caught up in the story line. It's a shame because the potential is there but License to Wed just misses. On the plus side, John K. is gorgeous as ever and it's a bit of a treat for fans of The Office (An American Workplace) as there are cameos from a few of the cast. Pretty average stuff.

4.0 out of 5 stars Chick Flick!, 8 July 2013
Mr. D. Ryan "bigboss" (Ohio USA) - See all my reviews

3.0 out of 5 stars A Love Story, 30 Oct 2007
M. A. Ramos (Florida USA) - See all my reviews
Mandy Moore as Sadie Jones and John Krasinski as Ben Murphy decide they want to get married. He wishes to marry in the tropics, but Sadie chooses to get married at her hometown church of St. Augustine's. The pastor of the church is the Reverend Frank, played by Robin Williams. And he will not bless their union until they pass his patented, foolproof marriage-prep course.

Of course to add pressure to the situation, the church only has one wedding slot available in the next two years so they must take this course. Reverend Frank does all he can in this course to cause conflict in their relationship and show them what they could face. He claims his course needed to make them ready for what lays ahead. And throughout the movie both Sadie and John get advice from those who have failed relationships instead of each other.

One thing is sure, and that is if anyone can make it through this course, they are in love. A good marriage is a lot of work and in its own way this movie explores that. The movie has its moments. This movie is worth watching, especially with the one you your significant other.

1.0 out of 5 stars Annoying characters & aggravating storyline!, 12 Mar 2008
Esoteric (Edinburgh, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: License to Wed [DVD] [2007] (DVD)
I have been a Robin Williams fan for many years and was really looking forward to seeing him play this character. However, the characters and scenarios here were unbelievable - As we watch the young groom being constantly bullied by his future wife, her family and her strange minister into uncomfortable scenes where William's character seems more sinister than funny.
One or two funny scenarios, but for us the overall film felt uncomfortable and lacked any believability.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Morning Vietnam meets a wedding, 6 July 2014
R. Hart (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: License to Wed [DVD] [2007] (DVD)
Saw this as part of celebrating a wedding anniversary. Best to describe it as Good Morning Vietnam meets a wedding. Robin Williams as good as usual, I wonder how much was scripted. In short a marriage course from Hell!!! My wife and I did one but nothing like the one depicted in the film thank goodness.

4.0 out of 5 stars License To Wed, 9 Jun 2014
This review is from: License To Wed [Blu-ray] [Region Free] (Blu-ray)
The storyline is of a couple who just go engaged and are trying to orgainse a wedding but before they can get married they have to go through couples counseling.
It is alright for a laugh.
Product arrived in good condition.

5.0 out of 5 stars Licence to wed, 8 Jan 2014
This review is from: License to Wed [DVD] [2007] (DVD)
Absolutely perfect, a very funny movie we all enjoyed watching over the holiday period and will certainly watch again. Very good value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Entertainment, 24 Nov 2013
This review is from: License to Wed [DVD] [2007] (DVD)
You are most unlikely to find a Vicar like this one in real life Robin Williams play the part with his usual flair for the unusual

1.0 out of 5 stars bad film!, 15 Feb 2013
This review is from: License to Wed [DVD] [2007] (DVD)
seriously bad film! Ty;pically our vicar recommended it for pre-marital consideration purposes! I think it just cemented the fact that we hate the same films!

5.0 out of 5 stars Really funny movie, 24 Jan 2013
This review is from: License to Wed [DVD] [2007] (DVD)
I would recommend this film, it is very funny and a great way to spend a cosy night in. Will have you laughing out loud

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

License To Wed [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
License To Wed [Blu-ray] [Region Free] by Ken Kwapis (Blu-ray - 2008)