4.0 out of 5 stars Looks much nicer than most cheap monocles
... out of the 3 that I've ever seen.

Published on 23 May 2012 by Olaf

2.0 out of 5 stars Murder Mystery Accessory
Published 14 months ago by Jude

4.0 out of 5 stars Looks much nicer than most cheap monocles, 23 May 2012
This review is from: Gents Monocle on Gold Chain (Toy)
... out of the 3 that I've ever seen.

Must more robust. However, that turned out to be a slight negative in that they're rather tricky to keep in place unless your eyebrow muscles are part of your regular gym routine. The cheaper ones with plastic eyepiece and rubber, rather than metal, ring could be much more easily held in place by removing the eyepiece and squeezing the ring with the aforementioned eyebrow muscle.

If your eyebrows muscles are trim and in good shape, you should be able to keep this product in for a good 20 minutes, but the cheaper rubber one in for hours.
For those of us less ripped above nose level, I'd recommend a cheaper option and popping the glass out for a far more relaxing evening.

5.0 out of 5 stars A sound investment, 2 Sept. 2011
This review is from: Gents Monocle on Gold Chain (Toy)
This monocle taught my son everything he needed to know about outdated eyewear. In fact, it was this sterling toy that led him to pursue a lucrative career as a Victorian, which has kept my husband and I in luxury. I cannot recommend this product enough. If your kid is serious about novelty monocles, you can't do better than this.

4.0 out of 5 stars OK for a joke, 23 Dec. 2010
This review is from: Gents Monocle on Gold Chain (Toy)
I have to laugh when the review asks me the educational value of this toy! What the heck is that about lol? My son bought is as a joke gift from soneone, and it serves the purpose well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the cost but a bit large., 13 Jan. 2015
M. Rowe - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gents Monocle on Gold Chain (Toy)
At the price this looks more than adequate for my murder mystery party. It arrived promptly and looks just like the picture. I'm fairly certain the chain isn't actually gold but then never expected it to be. As reported by others, the monocle appears to be a little large and is very hard to keep in place for very long (my best attempt so far was achieved with my eye closed. ;-)

I don't know how consistently engineered they are but the actual diameter of the monocle received would appear to be about 39 mm. Nearsights, a specialist in more functional (and much more expensive) monocles, recommends a 34 mm diameter for people under 5'6" (167 cm) in height, 37 mm for people between 5'6" and 6'0" (183 cm) and 40 mm for those over 6'0". Of course, their monocles also feature "galleries" (wire bits for your eye socket to grip), so should be easier to wear anyway.

The chain looks robust enough for me, and should be easy enough to substitute if it does break.

2.0 out of 5 stars Murder Mystery Accessory, 2 May 2014
This review is from: Gents Monocle on Gold Chain (Toy)
I gave this monocle two stars because I could not keep it held in my eye socket at all therefore it had to be placed around my neck like a necklace therefore it became an incorrect accessory for the character I played in the Death by Chocolate Murder Mystery Game. The price was OK and it was free postage which I cannot complain about and no doubt it will come in useful to someone else in the family who need fancy dress.

4.0 out of 5 stars just a bit of fun, 20 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Gents Monocle on Gold Chain (Toy)
This item bought for a friends birthday and as a novelty item is great for a laugh. I do hope nobody thinks it's going to improve their vision. Oh and beware the trades description act. "GOLD CHAIN!" I don't think so not at this price.......

5.0 out of 5 stars novelty, 11 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Gents Monocle on Gold Chain (Toy)
This is a fun novelty item, but it had a serious use for me, I got Bells Palsey and my left eyelid closed on the eye. I took the plane class out of the monocle and used the frame to support the eye open. It worked well untill my eye recovered.

5.0 out of 5 stars ... to the face that this novelty monocle makes a great accompaniment to a Halloween costume, 19 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Gents Monocle on Gold Chain (Toy)
I can safely testify to the face that this novelty monocle makes a great accompaniment to a Halloween costume. Looks fantastic and really tends to get passed around the room at parties with a great amusement factor.

3.0 out of 5 stars Chain broken after wearing 3 times, 22 Jun. 2011
This review is from: Gents Monocle on Gold Chain (Toy)
The chain isn't exactly unbreakable, after 3 tries it came apart but easy to put back together but its a hassle, also the monocle is difficult to keep it on but after a few tries it almost becomes natural

1.0 out of 5 stars Unfit for purpose should have said only suitable for a ..., 12 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Gents Monocle on Gold Chain (Toy)
Unfit for purpose should have said only suitable for a 5 year old child, it could not be gripped in the eye socket without it touching the eye so unusable! could not hold it in their

Gents Monocle on Gold Chain