5.0 out of 5 stars Essential for the wilderness
I have just returned from a trekking holiday in Greenland and found these tablets to be invaluable.

I know that some people say that the water in the streams and lakes is completedly safe to drink, however the sheep dropping and green slime in some places made me think otherwise...

The important thing is that, when doing strenous walking, to drink...
Published on 17 Aug. 2011 by Dave M

3.0 out of 5 stars they're ok
They make the water taste like strong swimming pool water which is fairly discusting but ok with juice.
Published on 9 Sept. 2010 by W. Fairclough

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential for the wilderness, 17 Aug. 2011
Dave M (Hampshire, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Water Purification Tablets (Misc.)

The important thing is that, when doing strenous walking, to drink enough. For a 10 hour day, carrying enough water isn't really an option, so it is necessary to pick up water en route. These solved that problem.

I do agree that there is taste of "swimming pool", however this is the lesser of two evils, the other being the effects of dodgy water (I'll leave that to your imagination).

In my opinion, essentail for being out where the quality of water cannot be guaranteed.

One point of note, and I'm not sure if this is true of not. I have been told that UV light, i.e. sunlight, can stop these working. I was taught that, if you use these, you must use either an opaque bottle or put your water bottle inside your rucksack; a transparent bottle in a net pocket is a no-no. As I say, I have been taught this, but I have no way of knowing if it is correct, but just to be on the safe side, I keep my bottle inside my pack until the waiting time is over.

Recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 7 Feb. 2010
Sandra Buss (Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Water Purification Tablets (Misc.)
This was given to a niece of mine as a gift to take with her on a trek in Peru. She said they were very helpful with the water issues and they worked extremely well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic value and very usrful item., 31 Jan. 2014
Miss (LONDON, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Water Purification Tablets (Misc.)
These tablets are great value, cheaper than I've previously seen them for. I live in Africa so I use these regularly. They have a horrid chlorine taste, but by adding the juice of one lime or an effervescent vitamin the taste soon disappear.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great wee life savers, 7 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Water Purification Tablets (Misc.)
There's other reviews on here that hit the nail on the head.

I'm just going to add my experience with them.

I bought these in anticipation of going for a long weekend camping so I could carry little water.

The thing I noticed was how much the treated water tasted of chlorine; in the kind of situations these should be used in, that's neither here nor there.

It's also worth noting that it's best to place the tablet in 2 litres of untreated water (as instructed) leave the lid of the bottle loose and give it a shake for 2-3 minutes prior to letting stand for 30 minutes that helped a little with the taste.

Also, I made the mistake of filling my CamelBak with the untreated water and then adding the tablet. Don't do that. It tastes awful and I can't imagine it being very good/healthy for you or your water bladder.

As for the five stars, I've used them from all throughout the weekend and my insides are very much still inside of me.
The chlorine taste is a trivial thing to deal with. If you NEED to use these tablets then you're probably very desperate for clean water - the faint taste of chlorine isn't going to stop you.

3.0 out of 5 stars they're ok, 9 Sept. 2010
W. Fairclough - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Producr, 29 May 2012
This review is from: Water Purification Tablets (Misc.)
I took these tablets camping since we would mainly be drinking burn water. Tablets are tiny so take up very little room in a bag. They only leave a very faint tast of chlorine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, happy stomach, 9 Aug. 2013
A. Chaudhuri (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Water Purification Tablets (Misc.)
Very good, I didn't get upset stomach at all with this in India. Treatment takes seventy minutes if you have one tablet per litre for the worst bacterias such Giarda

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, works well, 2 July 2014
This review is from: Water Purification Tablets (Misc.)
Took them to India ans Sri Lanka. Used them mainly for clean water to wash our teeth..etc it does smell of chlorine but i guess this is inevitable and better than putting filthy water in your mouth. If we did run out of water i would find ok to drink it too.
We did not get sick once so I guess it did a good job

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 28 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Water Purification Tablets (Misc.)
No bad taste at all, tho slight smell. One tablet per liter, and then leave it for an hour or so. It is important to mention that you should have filtered the water before hand, but if you do so you'll have perfectly clean water to drink.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for camping and holidays abroad, 23 April 2012
This review is from: Water Purification Tablets (Misc.)
Arrived within days of ordering. These tablets are great to take away on holiday if your going to far away places and their water supply is poor. 50 tablets come in a relatively small pack and easy to transport.

Water Purification Tablets