5.0 out of 5 stars Great revision, very surprised
Being a huge fan of classic Cluedo I was a bit sceptical of this revision, but I'm surprised to say the additions really do work very well.

There are three more murder weapons, increasing the number of solutions. The characters each have a special ability (e.g. take an extra turn once per game) which gives them a bit more individuality.

The biggest...
Published on 13 Nov. 2009 by Big Red

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice additional tweaks to the original game
With the addition of new cards to pick up along the way, some new rooms and extra weapons, this makes Cluedo a lot more interesting. Also, the characters now have christian names!! We played with four players and it took us about 90 minutes but I guess if six guests played it wouldn't take as long - or would it take longer - ha ha not sure really. We all decided who...
Published on 22 Feb. 2011 by Tina T-spoon

‹ Previous | 1 2 38 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Not sure where Colonel Mustard has gone but great fun all the same!, 24 Jan. 2010
This review is from: Cluedo (Toy)
We bought this as a stocking filler for our 8-year old son, based on the fond memories I had of playing this with my sister and brother. He wasn't all that fussed to begin with! However, when we all played it he loved it. The rules are slightly different to the one I played 30 years ago but no problem there. I can see we'll be playing it quite a bit ... when I have the time! I was sad that the characters' names are quite basic I have to say. The quality of the board and pieces is good and you get loads of pre-printed lists of weapons, people and rooms to eliminate.

5.0 out of 5 stars New cluedo, 1 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Cluedo (Toy)
My eldest daughter who is ten loves this game, and as she has never played the old version thinks that is brilliant. It was her Christmas present so a job well done. Our youngest who is seven finds the concept of all the secrecy quite hard, but has gradually started to grasp the idea of the game however the game does state it is for 9 years plus and I think that is about right. I have played the old version and it was quite hard to get my head around all the new bits to this game. You can now play intrigue cards which can enable you to look at others cards or free goes, but it is unclear as to weather these are one of benefits or if you can use them all the time. Power cards which are one per character and to be used once only. The characters now have first names too, but I still stuck to the original names. And the people counters are no more people shaped unfortunately. But once you have played it a couple of times it is still just as much fun as the old one was when I was younger.

5.0 out of 5 stars HOURS OF FUN!!!!, 11 April 2011
This review is from: Cluedo (Toy)
My sister and i have played this cluedo with our children and they loved it and can't wait to play it again. Brilliant purchase, arrived promptly and in perfect condition. THANK YOU!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars "And I'd do it again", 29 Dec. 2011
M. Watkeys "Author" (Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cluedo (Toy)
I recently got this for christmas from my fiance, and was pleased from the off, the box looks great and seems much more durable than the ones handed down from my parents/older brothers, and will be chuffed that I can hand this down to my own children.
I find the new game easy to use, and although it does'nt have the same Poirot/Sherlock kind of intrigue it is still very tense and overall very well updated. The addition of the ability for all players to be killed before the murder is solver is genius.
I won my first game quite easily with 4 players, and feel that literally the more the merrier with this imparticular game. Enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally modern, 4 May 2011
Anna Nolan "Blue eyes" (Stansted, Essex, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cluedo (Toy)
I was a little disappointed to see some of the old-fashioned rooms such as billiard room and conservatory being replaced by such rooms as the patio and the spa and the people are not shaped as previously but bits of clear plastic stuck to coloured bases. Old is best in the case of Cluedo, especially as the newer version also has some more complicated rule changes.

I miss the old version but my kids don't know any different. The weapons have been totally modernised - baseball bat? trophy? Love it! Essentially the game is the same and it helps to unite us as a family so thumbs up despite the changes!

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended buy, 19 Jan. 2010
R. Smith (North Yorshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cluedo (Toy)
I bought this after my family almost killed each other.
turns out we lost the library card, and it was actually the conservatory!

This is a great new version on it, takes a little getting used to and I recommend actually reading the instructions , the cards can be a bit complicated at first if you are used to the old version, but do contribute to the game well. The pieces that you move around are no longer the little people and are unfortunately a bit naff, on the up side thats my only critisism.

Overall, a really good new version and would reccomend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly much better than original cluedo, 23 Dec. 2009
This review is from: Cluedo (Toy)
We bought this because of all the good reviews on here and after playing it the whole family love it...the original cluedo was good but this is the same cluedo but with a few extra twists like suspect cards left in the pool so you can see them if you visit the pool,a player can be murdered and out of the game if they pick the last clock card which makes it a lot more exciting.there are a few other changes to the game and they are all an improvement to the original game of cluedo and for just £10 its a bargain.

4.0 out of 5 stars I remember this game well and have the original so was wary that it had been 'updated' as this doesn't always mean 'improved' I, 7 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Cluedo (Toy)
A friend of ours introduced me to this version of Cluedo when he visited during the Christmas holidays. I remember this game well and have the original so was wary that it had been 'updated' as this doesn't always mean 'improved'
I was very pleasantly surprised and thoroughly enjoyed playing it. The changes have been done well and in my opinion they have enhanced the game. We played it a few times but since it belonged to a friend we had to give it back, so I bought my own!

4.0 out of 5 stars updated game, 1 July 2013
This review is from: Cluedo (Toy)
new 'p.c.' characters, Mrs White is a CEO (or something similiar) now not a red faced chef, and so on. fancier board with a garage and bathroom added to the list of possible crime scenes. Also new rules for 2 player games which is good. nice additions.
my 8 yr old enjoys playing this and has won on his own several times, though we have to turn a blind eye to the fact he uses one character or weapon or crime scene over and over because he has the card!

5.0 out of 5 stars Not the best cluedo but brilliant board game with a twist., 13 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Cluedo (Toy)
This is a kids review. This is a great game it has better graphics on the board, more realistic, more modernised, more mess in the rooms, twistes. However my criticism is its gone from the old to the new Hollywood, too complicating, and the question marks instead of figures which is isn't great, but it's just as good as the old version. If your bored with the old cluedo this is for you, but if you are a traditionalist this isn't for you.

‹ Previous | 1 2 38 | Next ›