Format: DVD|Change

on 15 August 2008
I bought this to keep my two boys aged 4 and 6 occupied one afternoon so I could get some work done but I ended up watching the whole thing with them and we all loved it. Its sweet, funny, easy to follow and isn't too long as many family films are, Dreamworks are always on the mark when it comes to their animated movies.
on 9 November 2010
I purchased the Bee Movie after watching it about 4 times with my grandson in USA, we all loved it, in fact its too good for kids, everytime i see it i see something i missed before, the ideas brill, talking bees,graduating and going to work,one bee decides he doesnt want to be worked to death, never going outside, so he bucks the trend, and then we follow his missfortunes in the outside world,so funny, like when he lands on a car windscreen, and the other insects tell him not to move but play dead or the windcreen wipers will be switched on, and then when he gets sucked up an air vent inside a moving car and all the occupants start screeming 'its a bee'so funny, plus when i started looking in town for the DVD it was £12.99, i got my from Amazon for under a fiver, bargain.
on 19 May 2008
If you think of everything you have in your life, then change all the humans into bees - this is what you''ll get - a funny heartful movie about bees which are pretty much human in attitude and emotions, goals and morals.

This animated masterpiece is quite similar to the story of Robots. I found the plot and the score music pretty much the same, but it was cool to be transported into the world of bees to see our way of life in the life of bees. The animation is first class, the camera sweeps and tracking were absolutely amazing.

The story is about a clever intuitive bee called Barry who sees the bee way of life boring and rountine. He sets upon a exploration voyage and encounters a human female (Renee) who he begins to have a crush on (sounds weird, but it's really quite sweet with a honey spin on it). Breaking the golden rule, Barry begins talking to her and they both set upon a legal battle to regain all the honey in the world with some disastrous global consequences.

This is a buzz of a family movie, funny and somewhat educational. Absolutely great fun and looks cool on the screen.
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 22 September 2008
You would think that a film such as this could only be aimed at children, but I have to say that I considered some elements of the tale, and some of the countless funny lines, seem to be better suited to adults. Seinfeld, never my cup of tea at the best of times, takes the leading role and partly wrote the script too, so to me it seems hardly surprising that it's not as childish as the marketing suggested. But it's what my primary-school-age children thought that really matters, and they gave it the sums up. They said it was funny and they must be telling the truth as they were laughing quite a bit throughout. It's interesting though that unlike other animated films like this of the past decade or so, they didn't ask to watch it again immediately afterwards, and in fact they didn't ask at all until I suggested they see it again a few days later. They said they preferred it to Wall:e, but they enjoyed Kung Fu Panda and Ratatouille more.

So although they gave it 4 stars, having watched it myself I'm not sure it deserves a 'very good' rating. I'm sure that hundreds of people worked passionately to produce and create it and they are doubtless proud of it, but as a consumer I think it merits only an "Above Average, worth a try" label from me : 3 stars. Three and a half if I could. It's good, but there are better children's animated films than this one.
on 21 April 2013
We received the Bee movie very quick even over Easter weekend- great movie, the kids love it and the adults too
on 27 September 2012
This film is just right to keep our child entertained on those wet afternoons when there isn't much to do and you just want to doze but still keep them entertained. It has become a favourite film watched over and over again, with much enthusiasm when Barry goes flying with the pollen-jocks, whizzing across the landscape!

A good story, well told and nicely animated, and feels just the right length.
on 13 July 2012
I bought this DVD for my Grandson, aged 3 and a half and he absolutely LOVES it! Before watching this he had a phobia of bees, but he is actually fascinated by them now, bless him! His 18 month old brother also loves the DVD and wants to watch it at every opportunity! It was a great bargain too! Money very well spent! Thankyou Amazon!
on 21 April 2013
I bought this movie for a couple of bee-keeping friends as I knew it would make them laugh. There are some great throw away lines!
on 24 April 2013
Good wholesome family entertainment fun for all the family. Would recommend this film time and time again as it is just magical
on 1 April 2008
Is the Bee Movie the best animated movie we've ever seen? No. But, defying the critics, I took my 11 year old daughter (who didn't really want to go) and my 5 year old son to see the movie and we all really enjoyed it. Most importantly, the story and humor of the movie operates at multiple levels, so it appealed to all of us at our individual age level.

What is beyond dispute is that the visual feel of the movie is incredible. Some of the bee hive interior and flight scenes were just breathtaking. My kids were spellbound.

To me the best judge of a movie is how fast it moves along. This one kept us all entertained throughout and its 90 minute running time felt like half that. So, ignore the critics, and take your kids. They'll have a great time, and even if you're not a Seinfeld fan, so will you.