on 6 March 2012
With E4 showing these back-to-back for the last few years, my wife and I got used to recording them in the morning and watching them over lunch. When they suddenly stopped broadcasting them ... we felt bereft. So ... I purchased the Amazon special complete set at this extremely reasonable price, and now we can have our normal lunchtime habit again - with the added bonus of not having to fast-forward through the adverts! You well think we are rather sad but the truth is this show is simply first class drama/comedy, with acting way beyond what you would normally expect from a long-running tv show. When I retired and found my wife recording and watching this show, I just dismissed it as a "girly" thing, but couldn't ignore it and quickly became "captured" by the excellent acting, clever characterisation and feast of droll one-liners. I'd recommend it to anyone who just wants to be entertained .....
55 comments|99 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 June 2013
I have watched this on TV a couple of times, so I just had to have the collection myself. The series has some wonderful characters and the wit and humour is fast and professionally delivered.It follows the teenage years of Rory Gilmore and her unmarried mother and the strained relationship between the mother and her wealthy parents..Not all American series are as well written as this, it is TV at it's best.There are underlying relationship issues that run throughout the series, which make this a tender and heartfelt look at family issues. I love it.............
on 13 January 2011
By the end of each series I felt privileged to have entered the world of the Gilmore Girls. Simply fantastic.
on 16 March 2014
The box is lovely, small and with good packaging. Easy to store. Unfortunately two of the discs are grainy and have wobbly lines across them, the picture is not so good
on 11 May 2013
Well, that's what a week in bed with flu will lead to, a crazy mad addiction to a series I probably would sight unseen have dismissed as "gurly" but which instead contains some of the funniest comic writing of the last televisual decade and some of the best all woman backchat since the days of Carole Lombard and Rosalind Russell. Strangely cool taste in music too.
How, however, the two leads maintain their wonderfully neat figures on a diet of massive takeaways, diner food and no visible form of exercise is perhaps the purest form of female wish-fulfilment.
on 3 January 2014
Great show! It was nice to review the whole series and be touched by these girls all over again. Some great extras and interviews too. Fans will love it!
on 24 February 2016
I love this series and watch it over and over again. The humour is unique and the Gilmore's are so funny. Can't wait for the new episodes which are filming now (Feb 2016). As far as I know there is no programme like the Gilmore's, most sitcoms seem to follow Friends or aren't funny but I love this (sorry I'm repeating myself).
For those of you who don't know, the Gilmore's are Lorelai and her daughter Rory. We follow their lives and their ambitions, their loves and their friendships... Great feel good tv.
on 23 January 2012
Such a great price for 7 Dvd's containing 6 discs each! All good quality, such an amazing gift. Only problem was that the corners of the lid for the box began to tear as soon as I'd taken it out from the packaging, but fixed it with a little cellotape. Other than that, amazing gift for an amazing price!! :)
on 7 October 2008
It is not often that a TV series leaves you feeling grateful. The Gilmore Girls however is such a fabulous, and rather unique series, that it's wonderful to have shared the lives of such a delightful group of people. The town of Stars Hollow has the most eclectic cast of characters in it, and you'll quickly love every single one of them. The eponymous Gilmore Girls - mother Lorelai - played by the fabulous Lauren Graham - and daughter Rory - Alexis Bledel - lead you through a roller-coaster ride of breath-taking paced and very funny dialogue (who talks that fast!). Seven seasons are nowhere near enough. Watch this gem of a collection. I promise you will not be disappointed.
55 comments|48 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 March 2016
Great BoxSet.

Since Netflix has decided to reboot Gilmore Girls for a few episodes I decided to finally purchase the Boxset for myself so I could rewatch them and they are still as funny as the first time I ever watched them. The Boxset itself continues 7 DVDs in proper DVD plastic packagaing rather than the cardboard sleeves some boxsets go for and they each slot into the blue box perfectly, it's a great size and it doesn't take up too much room on my dvd shelf. I expected it to be larger but it may be because it is of a landscape design it is easier to sit down on the shelf.