4.0 out of 5 stars "Big Fish" in the style of repressed Englishmen!
Although I haven't read the book that this film was based on, I went to see it at the cinema, and I don't remember crying as much at any film for quite a while. I guess the subject matter is likely to be emotive to most people, as we all have parents and will have to confront their mortality at some point in our lives, along with the complicated relationships that we...
Published on 21 Nov 2007 by Greedo

3.0 out of 5 stars A father and son story...
Blake; a writer of some critical success still feels like a little boy wanting the approval of his dad instead of the snide remarks about how much he could be earning if he'd followed in the family footsteps and become a doctor. But when faced with the imminent mortality of his old man, he starts to reflect on the times when he really knew his father rather than the...
Published on 24 April 2009 by @GeekZilla9000

5.0 out of 5 stars When Did You Last See Your Father?, 22 Jan 2014
This review is from: And When Did You Last See Your Father? [DVD] (DVD)
Having a Mum in Law who knew the Doctor and his family personally I purchased this DVD. I had heard first hand of his life as a GP near Skipton, and the DVD did not disappoint. A thoroughly entertaining film, based n a book sensitively written, by his son. Do give it a try. You won't be disappointed!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Jim Broadbent, 4 Jan 2014
Mrs. T. Vert (France) - See all my reviews
This review is from: And When Did You Last See Your Father? [DVD] (DVD)
I adore Jim Broadbent and althougfh I have yet to see this DVD I love Jim Broadbent in everything he does so I am sure it'll be a success.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tearjerker., 13 Dec 2013
This review is from: And When Did You Last See Your Father? [DVD] (DVD)
Very good film. Very deep. I didn't think it would effect me as deeply as it did (as much as I love these type of films I am normally quite hardened to the emotional films of this type). Buy. You wont regret it.

3.0 out of 5 stars And When Did You Last See Your Father? (DVD) review, 23 Nov 2013
This review is from: And When Did You Last See Your Father? [DVD] (DVD)
Asked a friend to choose a film to view after returning home following a pub lunch. She chose this, which didn't seem the best choice for a fun afternoon. It wasn't. Whether I was more concerned about how she was enjoying it or not which spoiled my own enjoyment, or perhaps it was just a dull film. It switched from past to present a lot, which seems to be the done thing now, and I found that annoying. May give it another viewing alone to give it another chance.

5.0 out of 5 stars Colin firth, 25 Aug 2013
This review is from: And When Did You Last See Your Father? [DVD] (DVD)
IT WAS VERY WELL ACTORD AND I ENJOY WAITCHING THIS VERY MUCH AND IT REMINDED ME IN SOME SCENES BECAUSE On MY PRIVATE LIVE very well done thank you

4.0 out of 5 stars it was ok, 7 Aug 2013
This review is from: And When Did You Last See Your Father? [DVD] (DVD)
it weren't as good as i thought but i would watch it again. i would recommend because colin firth is in it.

5.0 out of 5 stars And When Did You Last SeeYour Father, 10 April 2013
This review is from: And When Did You Last See Your Father? [DVD] (DVD)
I seem to enjoy all the films I have seen starring Colin Firth and this film was no exception. I thought the actor who played a young Colin Firth was excellent. A very moving film and very thought provoking.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good film..., 8 Feb 2013
This review is from: And When Did You Last See Your Father? [DVD] (DVD)
Had to replace the dvd a friend lent me when it went missing in the post.
I quite enjoyed it, one of those British films which is more like good television drama.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Film - the disfunctional relationship between a Father and his son., 29 Jan 2013
Audrey Uren "Gday from WA" (Perth, Western Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: And When Did You Last See Your Father? [DVD] (DVD)
Jim Broadbent gives a wonderful performance as an imperfect Father. The relationship between the son and father is strained at the best of times. As the son grows from childhood, to his teens and then to an adult the audience feels his guilt, his despair, his humiliation and the choices his father makes that impact on the family. As an adult (Colin Firth) craves his fathers love and praise, as he hardly got any in his childhood or youth. Nothing seems to have changed over the years. Then the son really begins to 'see' his father with all his vunerabilities and weaknesses...

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent film, 7 Feb 2012
This review is from: And When Did You Last See Your Father? [DVD] (DVD)
Very pleased with everything about this purchase, delivery, price and quality.I watched this film on TV some time ago and the portrayal of the relationship between father and son was excellent and I look forward to watching it again.

And When Did You Last See Your Father? [DVD]
And When Did You Last See Your Father? [DVD] by Carey Mulligan (DVD - 2008)
4.00