4.0 out of 5 stars Sometimes things are better than they seem
This is a movie that I initially passed over, always finding something else to buy or borrow (as I don't steal), until I happened to catch the ending on television late one night.
By the next evening it was in my possession, and despite having already watched the ending, I found it to be a surprisingly enjoyable experience.
Al Pacino aced his role as Walter...
Published on 12 Jan 2005 by Amanda Richards

3.0 out of 5 stars The Recruit
Watched this in Paris with my then french girlfriend, it's an okay movie with Colin Farrell playing a CIA trainee and Al Pacino as his mentor, James Clayton (Farrell) has to survive rigorous training in order to become an Ops officer.. but that's as far as I got as the film was in french and I fell asleep.
Published 2 months ago by Shirley

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Sometimes things are better than they seem, 12 Jan 2005
Amanda Richards "Hotpurplekoolaid" (ECD, Guyana) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: The Recruit [DVD] [2003] (DVD)
Al Pacino aced his role as Walter Burke, CIA trainer extraordinaire, and he's not a guy I would ever want to play poker with, even if I did play poker.
Colin Farrell's performance is pretty much like his other movies(except maybe "Alexander", but I haven't seen that yet, and I hate his blonde look), but he really does a great short, dark and handsome, tortured and persecuted thing. This time he's out of the phone booth and using his cell phone, whizzing through movie-style computer gibberish as James Clayton, the star recruit of the latest batch of CIA trainees.
Bridget Moynahan gives much the same performance as she does in "I, Robot", playing it smart and sassy with a real cute pout, and a concerned wrinkle.
Surprises and twists abound, and though you know it's all faked, and nothing is what it seems, it still draws you in. In retrospect, the ending really is the silliest part of the movie, the moral of the story being to sit down and relax whenever you see red dots before your eyes.
Amanda Richards

4.0 out of 5 stars Have I Missed Something, 30 July 2006
This review is from: The Recruit [DVD] [2003] (DVD)
Have I missed something here? Have I missed the predictability and "aweful" script or something? Every review I read says this is a bad film, a dissappointing film, a mediocre film, a predictable film. Hey maybe I'm stupid, but I think this film is excellent and one of the most unpredictable films I've seen in my life. I think the acting is superb. I think the script suits. I think the two halves of the film fit perfectly and give this film it's originality. I think this is a good film.

However it's not excellent as very few films are excellent. But I'd definatly buy this DVD if I saw it in a shop. It all appears rather believable to me, even in the tests, and I was on the edge of my seat a few times too. Personnaly don't listen to other reviews, or at least wtch the film to give judgement yourself.

5.0 out of 5 stars good film!, 29 April 2014
This review is from: The Recruit [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
i love it so i would deffo recommend!, a bit dark, but 10/10, the acting in it is really good as well!

5.0 out of 5 stars Colin Farrell film, 18 April 2014
This review is from: The Recruit [DVD] [2003] (DVD)
Excellent film with Colin Farrell with quite a few twists and turns in the plotline and it keeps you on your toes all the way through, including who is the real baddie in the film........

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant film, 18 Nov 2013
Friends fan (England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: The Recruit [DVD] [2003] (DVD)
Any film with Colin Farrell in it has got to be good. It was on late night TV one night and I had gone to bed but my hubby stayed up to watch it. The following morning he said what a cracking film I had missed. So I scoured the TV paper to see if it was going to be repeated, but I was unlucky (well lucky really, as it prompted me to purchase this from Amazon - the cheapest place to purchase it as a matter of fact).
This film is brilliant with lots of twists and turns. I recommend anyone to purchase this as you will want to watch it again and again.
I dare not go into the story, only that it is a serious one, as I will get carried away and spoil it for you all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thriller, 9 Sep 2013
This review is from: The Recruit [DVD] [2003] (DVD)
It does keep you guessing right up the last 5 /10 minutes. A good movie to watch with friends or alone. Enjoyed very much, bought mine off Zover stocks highly recommend this seller :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brillant !!, 26 July 2004
This review is from: The Recruit [DVD] [2003] (DVD)
I don't normally go for action films but I loved this film! Al Pacino and Colin Farrell are brillant in it and the storyline is excellent. James Clayton (Farrell) is a computer wizz who is recruited by Walter Burke (Pacino) into the CIA and James quickly rises through the ranks and falls for Layla (Bridget Moynahan) one of his fellow recruits. He is chosen to be a NOC and root out a mole. The suspense builds in a maze of gripping twists and turns, there are only 2 things James can count on - he can't trust anyone and nothing is as it seems. A truly excellent film - which is why I bought it! Top Class!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Recruit, 27 Oct 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: The Recruit [DVD] [2003] (DVD)
Stars Colin Farrel and Al Pacino.
Colin Farrell plays James Clayton, a computer wizz whos talked into joining the CIAs training program, by top agent Walter Burke, played by Al Pacino. Clayton becomes the top of the class at "The Farm" and Burke takes him under his wing. From here the plot thickens and it keeps the audience guessing to whether Clayton is the good guy or not. Fantastic!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 7 July 2014
Love it

3.0 out of 5 stars The Recruit, 7 July 2014

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

The Recruit [Blu-ray]
The Recruit [Blu-ray] by Roger Donaldson (Blu-ray - 2008)