5.0 out of 5 stars Cured my husband's stomach ulcer
My husband and I have been taking this oil for the past week. He has a stomach/duodenal ulcer and I have a rotten tooth I'm trying to save.

It's worked for both ailments. He's also taking Vitamin U complex with enzymes for the ulcer and together, both products have virtually killed the ulcer after a mere 5 days.

He only gets a very low level pain...
Published 10 months ago by Eco Chica

3.0 out of 5 stars No noticeable difference so far
I purchased this product to help with my Ulcerative Colitis. I have been taking 1 tablet a day as recommended for 1 week + with no improvement or change in symptoms. Maybe this Wild Oregano Oil is not strong enough to help with UC?
Published 9 months ago by Andrew Whitehead

5.0 out of 5 stars Cured my husband's stomach ulcer, 6 Sep 2013
This review is from: Solgar Wild Oregano Oil 60 Softgels (Personal Care)

He only gets a very low level pain now, when he's stressed, unlike before, when he had pain for an astonishing 8 hours a day but being a man, referred to it as 'muscle pain'. I told him his 'muscle pain' needed to be investigated and could even be an ulcer. The last thing you want to do with a person with an ulcer is make them worry, but his 'muscle pain' had been going on for 18 whole months!

He was booked to see the doctor a week hence, but I knew I had to act fast as we were trying to get him well before going on holiday. I read on PubMed that there had been a study done in the 1950s on stomach ulcers being cured with cabbage juice, which is a laborious way of extracting Vitamin U. I diligently juiced several cabbages and can say it is an effective method, but not very compatible with modern life.

Then Thankfully, both sets of tablets arrived. If you're interested in the cabbage juice cure, you juice pure raw cabbage and add boiled water to make the mixture up to one litre. The patient then drinks raw cabbage juice every time he needs to take fluid. Its quite pleasant tasting, I'm told. 3 days into the cabbage juice cure, the tablets arrived. By the second half of the second day, his condition had improved dramatically and he remarked that his pain score had decreased from 8 to 1 1/2. We were both so relieved. He says looking back, he can now see how much pain he was coping with on a daily basis and it had been pretty bad at times. (I'm so pleased he doesn't have to refer to Big Pharma for a solution - bless them, but they can keep their bag of tricks!

For my toothache, I doubled the dose because I have impending dental work. It says on the label not to overdose, but time was against me, so I did. I successfully kicked the remaining tooth infection out in two days, but unfortunately, so did I kill off the good flora in my gut. Result was, a lot of gas and cramp-like pain. I'm taking pro-biotics now to get the gut flora restored. So my advice would be NOT to overdose, but as I say, time was against me added to which, two earlier courses of anti-biotics hadn't worked but this oil did.

So all I can say is that this stuff works really well and is FAST acting!

I had tried taking Oregano oil in the past but that repeated on me horribly. I've read that the best Oregano oil to take has to be from 'wild' species and this version by Solgar is that type furthermore its painstakingly extracted without the use of (horrible) solvents. Solgar's version NEVER repeats on me, so it must be because of the higher quality product and processing techniques e.g. lack of solvents.

Update:11/09/13
Turns out my toothache is a lot worse than I imagined. After two courses of antibiotics and about 10 x-rays (OMG!), the specialist now tells me I've got 2 abbesses on the same tooth. I cannot take anymore antibiotics, so I've decided to follow the advice in the book 'The cure in the cupboard' and am taking this stuff sublingually. I bust open a capsule and dip the end of a spoon into it and place it under my tongue and wait. It takes a couple of minutes for the sensation of a little fire to happen on the spot, that's when you drink a glass of water. The idea being you are using 'sub-lingual administration' of the drug. That way it enters the tissues and capillaries of the mouth very quickly and thereby the body and crucially by-pass the digestive process especially annihilation by your liver. I'm going to do this 3 times a day and will update on here in due course.

Can I just add: the oil in these capsules would burn a hole in a plastic cup no problem and honestly, for anyone that thinks this capsule is full of olive oil, dream on - its like pure acid, extremely strong, don't touch it with your finger whatever you do! No wonder people put the stuff on fungal toe-nails, its a total acid!

Update: 12/09/13
OK, my tooth is a heck of a lot better, I'm actually stunned, really thought there was nothing left out there to help it. Well it turns out that Wild Oregano oil works where penicillin has failed and it used to be used to sterilise surgical equipment up till the 1950s. What I do is pierce a capsule and squeeze a large drop of the oil out (but not all of it) under my tongue and wait for a couple of minutes till the area gets very hot, then rinse my mouth by drinking about half a glass of water. I did this yesterday every 2 hours. Halfway through the day I noticed something travelling down the side of my neck, it was a strange sensation and must have been puss seeping out along the lymphatic system? It turns out that this method of curing jaw infections is described in another book called "Prescription for Nutritional Healing" by Dr Balch that's sold here but not available on Kindle (drats). In the meantime, if you're in trouble with a similar malady, here's a great article describing what you have to do, especially if antibiotics have failed or you cannot get emergency treatment yet: [...]

Its very interesting to see comments made by others who have used this treatment. Especially those that reckon the oil gets rid of the infection 'forever'. Wow, I thought you couldn't use the concept of 'forever' in dentistry?

Anyway, I'm going to continue the treatment today, as that side of my mouth feels so much better and I can tell the swelling has reduced considerably. I'm also no longer aware of any sensitivity when I first drink something hot or cold and crucially am able to use the tooth again to chew. I could before, but it was 'sensitive'. As the infection resisted 2 courses of antibiotics and grew and grew during the very warm weather, I think to be on the safe side, I'll continue the treatment for 3 full days. Today is day 2. I've also disinfected my toothbrush, as I don't want any reintroduction of that awful germ that caused all this bother.

Update: 07/10/13
They pulled the sucker out, because it was cracked in two! After all that root canal preparation, it was very upsetting to lose that (blessed) tooth. However, taking Wild Oregano Oil sublingually before the root canal work, meant that the dentist was able to treat me, so this stuff is really pretty damn special, because remember, two courses of anti-biotics had not killed the infection.

The other thing is, I was really pleased to read that this stuff is great for colds and flu. I administered it to a family member recently, who was coming down with a heavy cold. I gave her 3 doses, sublingually, spread over 12 hours and by the next day, her cold was sent packing! This was a great relief, because usually it turns into tonsillitis or a cough, but not this time - ha ha !!

Update:26/11/13
I've just ordered two more bottles of this health supplement to have in stock. I think I used about 30 capsules in total for my 3 tooth abscesses. My jaw bone is healing really well now and I should be ready for an implant in the New Year, hopefully?

I would like to add something about my husband's ulcer. Oregano oil killed the bacteria effectively but the ulcer wound itself has taken a long time to heal, as any kind of stress opens it up again. I researched 'wound healing' generally and found out that calcium is the first thing we urgently need to heal, then after that some key amino acids, such as Lysine, Glutamine and Arginine. So, as well as taking some organic calcium (Floradix) and inorganic calcium carbonate, we're both now taking these three amino acids. Its fair to say that we have both noticed much faster healing since taking these new additions. Glutamine in particular, comes up as being "essential to the strengthening of the gut wall".
Here's a great article about wound healing generally, with some fantastic references for further reading:
[...]

Update: 27/12/13
We had it confirmed by a recent stool sample that my husband no longer has H. pylori. It must have been destroyed by taking this oil, because he didn't take any anti-biotics. This is marvellous news. However, the area of damaged intestinal wall is prone to inflammation, especially if he has any kind of stress. I think this indicates that the skin that has grown over the ulcer to heal it, must be very thin and I need to somehow strengthen it. He had taken aspirin for 5 years, which was followed by drinking too much over-brewed green tea for about 2 years. The combination of these caustic substances, means that his mucosal layer has, in all likelihood, become quite thin. I started him on a course of calcium, in order to help strengthen his GI tract, as low calcium can lead to colon cancer etc. The trouble is, as a lifelong vegetarian he was naturally low on phosphorus anyway, and so eventually the healing ulcer got a little worse. Well a lot worse actually. This appears to be a side effect of the imbalance created as soon as you supplement with high doses of calcium, there is simply not enough phosphorus in the system to maintain the proper ratio of close to unity. As he and I are actively trying to promote healing, and I realised that I too am low on phosphorus, we are both now taking 30c of Weleda Phosphorus, which works out at 100mg a pill. After taking phosphorus twice a day for 3 days, the pain from his ulcer wound site has finally stopped. My jaw bone has also completely healed now and I'm ready for my implant. Incidentally, we are also taking L-Glycine and L-Proline, as these are great amino acids for healing, especially of connective tissue because since taking calcium supplements, I noticed my knees and elbows are worse, so this proves to me that I was not eating enough protein to keep up with all that calcium consumption and the calcium has struggled to differentiate into connective tissue within my main joints. Its wonderful to have stronger bones again, quite a surprise after all the bother I've had.

Update: 21/02/14
Well, after a very long journey and completely by accident, we have discovered that my husband's abdominal pain was due to infestation with Candida Albicans. Apparently it was in his oesophagus and it took 2 days of Sodium Bicarbonate to get rid of the pain! You can imagine how relieved we both are, especially as only last week he said "maybe I should start using a Proton Pump Inhibitor, after all". GBH

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant., 29 July 2013
This review is from: Solgar Wild Oregano Oil 60 Softgels (Personal Care)
Convinient and gentle way to take the medicine. Gentle on stomak. Find keeping it in the fridge very convinient, gels do not stick together. Thank you very much.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality Product, 3 Oct 2013
P. J. Zakeri (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Solgar Wild Oregano Oil 60 Softgels (Personal Care)
Good quality product & most importantly easily digested with the other ingredients kind to the stomach also work into your system quickly being soft gel good price for great product.

5.0 out of 5 stars 50/50, 27 May 2013
This review is from: Solgar Wild Oregano Oil 60 Softgels (Personal Care)
These capsules contain wild oregano and olive oil in equal parts. They are quite small and as a result dissolve easily under the tongue. If you plan to start taking oregano oil sublingual then these may be for you as they are diluted and less harsh in the mouth. To early to say whether they have boosted my immune system.

3.0 out of 5 stars No noticeable difference so far, 23 Oct 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars good for sinus problems, 3 Mar 2013
This review is from: Solgar Wild Oregano Oil 60 Softgels (Personal Care)
It was recommended by my daughter in law and I got my first bottle in Ireland so I am very pleasd that I am able to get it on the internet as it very good for my problem

5.0 out of 5 stars Best thing since slice bread, 9 July 2014
This review is from: Solgar Wild Oregano Oil 60 Softgels (Personal Care)
Definitely recommend to all. The reason I started to take the supplement was i had a virus & upset stomach, since taking the tablets I feel 110% better. I know longer feel bloated after eating bread, I feel absolutely fine. Another thing have have notice is that I suffer with a bad back ( old injury ), and for some reason my back pain is no where near as bad.

5.0 out of 5 stars ABILITY TO KILL VIRUSES AND BACTERIA ALL OVER THE BODY, 29 Oct 2013
This review is from: Solgar Wild Oregano Oil 60 Softgels (Personal Care)
THIS WILD OREGANO OIL HAS THE POWER TO KILL E COLI AND MANY OTHER BACTERIA AND VIRUSES
HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS ITEM
ALSO HAS THE POWER TO KILL MRSA

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 23 July 2014
This review is from: Solgar Wild Oregano Oil 60 Softgels (Personal Care)
Great stuff, kills all sorts of bugs

5.0 out of 5 stars better than E's, 17 July 2014
This review is from: Solgar Wild Oregano Oil 60 Softgels (Personal Care)
i love them i only had 2 days to live and they saved me and cured all !!!! and now i can run a 26 mile marathon in 3 minutes 29 secs

Solgar Wild Oregano Oil 60 Softgels