on 15 July 2009
Tommy Steele Collection : The Duke Wore Jeans / It's All Happening / The Tommy Steele Story / Tommy The Toreador [DVD]Wonderful to have so many dvd's in one package.Bought them to reminisce my rock and teenage years.Who'd have thought all those years ago Tommy would have had such a varied career in front of him.He's always been my number one Rocker and it's been a pleasure to meet him face to face,he's so unnasuming and natural.The collection has lived up to what I expected and would recommend it.
on 24 February 2009
I was searching for something else when I came across this collection - I knew about Tommy the toreador but not the others - they include all his great songs - A must for any Tommy Steele fan. The story lines are fairly thin but simalar to the Elvis movies - Most enjoyable was The Tommy Steele story and most unusual is the fact that Tommy plays himself - not so much the story but the begining of his carear - with all hios best early hits.
on 22 May 2009
Had the opportunity to 'discover' this marvellous artist thru his music,
with this fine Dvd-set box (Studio Canal), also promoted with a very nice
price by Amazon.uk and many tks for that. I liked it very much watching
and listening these movies/musicals to an amazing and fantastic Tommy Steele allways enjoying people with his lovely stories and entertainement!
So I would recommend this product and for sure you'll be pleased to see
and find out what I really mean. Best regards from Italy,
Giuseppe Rossi (prov. Milano)
on 20 June 2013
A great collection of Tommy's films in good quality...except for the sound in the latter stages of "It's All Happening".

From about two thirds of the film, any musical numbers have faulty sound in the background...sounds as though the tape machine was slipping. A great shame as the film is, after all, a virtual musical.

Still watchable, but shame as it marred the collection. Don't know if the single disc version is similar?

GED
on 29 March 2009
well this was a real trip down memory lane,see all the stars of yesteryear was great..the film had a good story & tommy steele shows his true talent ,,, very entertaining ,,,
on 4 May 2009
I spent a lot of time looking for the title "It's All Happening" due to the reason that I worked on the film and one day there it was, as a package deal giving me almost all of Steele films and at less than the price of a single DVD. "What a deal." So far several friends have borrowed the set and have thoroughly enjoyed it. I am now looking for similar deals.
on 13 February 2012
Got to have this as it takes me back to growing up with Tommy Steele, the CDs came on time and although the content is dated and poor acting the quality was as would be expected, and it did make me feel young again
on 30 October 2011
Having seen these first time around at the cinema, it was great to re-live them again on DVD, although they were not quite as remembered but were still very enjoyable. I would recommend them if only for the nostagia value.
on 30 January 2012
I am the same age as Tommy and this collection was a trip down memory Lane.

The Duke wore Jeans has always been a favourite with me, but not one I have every seen on TV. So all these DVD take me back 50 years to saturday mornings trips to the pictures.

Why not spoil myself - well worth buying if you like Tommy Steel.
on 28 May 2013
This product was recomended to me by a friend that had recently watched it.
However I found that the films brought back many good memories, I rated the collection highly for the feel good factor.