4.0 out of 5 stars 45
45 is a really powerful movie, Milla Jovovich is my favourite actress and this is why I bought the DVD. She plays Kat in 45 who gets beaten by her boyfriend big Al and then plans out to get her revenge on him by seducing people and to try and get them to put big Al behind bars. It is a really awesome movie and I would recommended it to Milla fans!
Published on 11 Jun 2009 by Amy Lee

3.0 out of 5 stars OK
Strange film but eerily watchable though I don't know why. Not worth paying full price for but buy second user.
Published 12 months ago by Steve

4.0 out of 5 stars 45, 11 Jun 2009
Amy Lee "Umbrella Corporation" (Middlesbrough, Cleveland, UK) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Unknown gem, 2 Feb 2009
Mr. P. Johnson "Pete Johnson" (Norfolk) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: .45 [DVD] (DVD)
Be advised that this film is told in flashback narrative, so the ending is obvious. Nonetheless, full-on performances by the two leads, and a couple of cracking turns by the main supporting cast, lift this low budget crime caper above many that are considered superior. Fans of Jovovitch will not be disappointed, and those who remember Angus as The Bruce in 'Braveheart' will get to see another side of this versatile British actor, who is well-used in the USA, though rarely seen in his homeland. At under four quid, you can't go wrong.

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, 5 Aug 2013

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 10 Jan 2011
This review is from: .45 [DVD] (DVD)
I have to disagree with the 5 star reviewers. I love Milla Jovovitch, especially in the Resident Evil films and Fifth Element - but I found this a let down. Both the main characters were - for me - unconvincing, even the violence left me unmoved, and I ended up turning it off, something I rarely do. So, why two stars? I just can't bring myself to give Milla one star!

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally different Milla Jovovich, 25 Nov 2009
This review is from: .45 [DVD] (DVD)
Another powerful performance by Milla Jovovich. This time you would see a completely different Milla, from what you have seen in the resident evil series.
She looks great and she acted remarkably well. It is a complex role with lots of emotions involved, which I must say Milla has tackled very well. A must buy but be aware of the bad language and some nude scenes you might find disturbing.

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely dire!, 21 Sep 2012
This review is from: .45 [DVD] (DVD)
Although I am a fan of Milla Jovovich, I was greatly disappointed by this film, and the title of this preview says it all, really.
If you are thinking about buying this film, you have been warned!

2.0 out of 5 stars Confusing And Unrewarding, 3 Feb 2008
DL Productions UK (Merseyside, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: .45 [DVD] (DVD)
.45 is rather strange, it tells the story of a battered girlfriend who dates Big Al (Angus Macfadyen), a hated figure in the neighbourhood who seems to be able to get anything he wants, and if you get in the way, you pay.

Kat is a feisty femme who just seems to be drawn into dangerous circles - played by the amazing Milla Jovovich, who's shone since she was in The Fifth Element and Ultraviolet. She gets beaten by Big Al, because he thinks she's seeing another guy. He's very possessive. Kat thinks she's strong, but she is caught up in a dangerous web.

Liz, the female officer trying to help Kat is a bit mixed up too, and love interests from Marge and the crazy Reilly, things are getting difficult for them all.

The film tells their story, then in between we seem to get vox pop documentary discussions from members of the neighbourhood, family members and others who hate Big Al.

Not a very good film in my opinion, it gets mixed up, and rather rushed at times. Sometimes you're wondering where you are, and other times it's as clear as a bell. The beginning sequence is really good though, and you're not quite sure what to expect, but then it just spirals into a boring, droning affair where you couldn't really care less who did what or how. Plus the most exciting part of the film is rather mundane and doesn't really have much of an impact. Apart from Angus and Milla, the cast is a bit wooden and not really inspiring, at one point I was wondering if I should just turn off and watch something more interesting - only because there was 20 mins left I thought give it a go.

Rent if you must, but I wouldn't bother, there are no extras whatsoever and the film just isn't that good to merit buying.

1.0 out of 5 stars Like fingernails on a chalkboard, 12 May 2008
This review is from: .45 [DVD] (DVD)
This film has made it into the hallowed halls of films that were so appalling I turned them off halfway through. Only 3 films have made me do this so far, and this is one of them.

Most of the film (well the first half which I saw anyway)sees Milla screaming/crying getting beaten up by her boyfriend and is just plain nasty and noisy. This is interspersed with straight to camera docu-speeches from lots of different characters, which is pointless, annoying, and gives the film the feel of a 1st year films students attempt at `indie' filmaking. Pathetic.

.45 [DVD]
.45 [DVD] by Gary Lennon (DVD - 2008)
4.10