4.0 out of 5 stars Suburbia has never been this interesting!!!, 8 Feb 2008
Louise Amkaer (Greenland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Weeds - Season 2 - Complete [DVD] (DVD)
"Little boxes, little boxes". "They are all made out of ticky-tacky, and they all look just the same." The title song becomes just one of those tunes that you humm to yourself while selecting cheese at the supermarket and thinking how unlucky Nancy Botwin is. Here she is, widower, mother of two, up and going entrepeneur and there just happens to be 4 other grow houses in the neighbourhood - and she finds out her boyfriend is a DEA agent. I mean seriously!!

While I don't believe season 2 has the same level of humor as season 1, season 2 is definitly incredibly funny and has more depth.

Watch it - and enjoy!!

Louise

5.0 out of 5 stars Weeds please, 23 Feb 2009
This review is from: Weeds - Season 2 - Complete [DVD] (DVD)
A dark, pacy, comedy that repaid the cost of the boxed set. Well written, it never slackens pace, and the characters are fully developed and varied. My favourite is Celia (Elizabeth Perkins), difficult, emotionally abusive, and doesn't give a damn about anyone else. Such is the skill of the writing and the acting, you do like this unlikeable woman.

The story centres around Nancy Botwin (Mary-Louise Parker) an attactive widow and mother of two, who decides the way out of her financial difficulties is to sell weed. She is on a steep learning curve as she graduates from small time dealer to substantial grower, dragging her reluctant family with her. Her 'success' comes at a cost to herself and her family, and much of the interest lies in how this is shown. Nancy herself abandons one principle after another in order to survive, as she attracts unwelcome competition.

If I have a criticism, it is the implication that while dealing weed might be harmful to your health, smoking it in large quantities is not. While there is a reasonably balanced discussion on the disc, it is more than counter balanced by the grow your own tips. Modern strains aren't just higher in their strength, but are also proportionally lower in the protective anti-psychotic chemicals the plant produces.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, 30 Mar 2012
This review is from: Weeds - Season 2 - Complete [DVD] (DVD)
I just recently discovered this series when my cousin gave me the first season. I watched it all in the course of a couple of days, and immediately ordered this when it ended. Then this arrived, and I watched it all in ONE DAY. I'm very satisfied. I only wish I could find the series in Bluray!

5.0 out of 5 stars one of the most unusual and enjoyable series to come out for years!!!, 19 April 2013
This review is from: Weeds - Season 2 - Complete [DVD] (DVD)
We love Weeds, I bought season 1 to see what it was like and was completely hooked. We were laughing out loud, and actually unlike some storylines it is quite believable. We are now on season 6!!! Recommend to all.

4.0 out of 5 stars Mellow and Wacky, 2 Mar 2013
R. H (oxford uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Weeds - Season 2 - Complete [DVD] (DVD)
I bought this to replace the loaned DVD that I have mysteriously lost. I had seen several episodes of series one and found it off beat and entertaining. I have been told that the remaining episodes are great.

5.0 out of 5 stars EExcellent, 25 Dec 2013
This review is from: Weeds - Season 2 - Complete [DVD] (DVD)
This is a standard response filler, as I really don't want to go into any detail about why I have rated this product as I have

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 10 July 2014
Best series I have seen for a long time. Hilarious

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 12 July 2014
This review is from: Weeds - Season 2 - Complete [DVD] (DVD)
Excellent can't wait for the 3rd series, thanks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 21 July 2014
This review is from: Weeds - Season 2 - Complete [DVD] (DVD)
Found this series by accident - so glad I did.

4.0 out of 5 stars Weeds - Series 2 - Complete [DVD] [2006], 9 Nov 2009
This review is from: Weeds - Season 2 - Complete [DVD] (DVD)
Great series returns and delivers a bit shaky in some are but completely forgive able. looking forward to season 3

Weeds - Season 2 - Complete [DVD]
Weeds - Season 2 - Complete [DVD] by Mary-Louise Parker (DVD - 2008)