4.0 out of 5 stars At the price. the product does an acceptable job
Logic 3 Traveller Speaker system for iPhone .
Published on 23 Aug. 2008 by Alberto

2.0 out of 5 stars A little more thought needed
I bought this to go with my iPhone and was hoping the only other review on here was just a bit harsh. I think one star is harsh but there are still plenty of things that need improvement.

Published on 1 Mar. 2008 by Mr. Dean Hewitt

2.0 out of 5 stars A little more thought needed, 1 Mar. 2008
Mr. Dean Hewitt (Fleet) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logic3 IP104B - i-Station Traveller Speakers For iPhone And iPod Touch (Electronics)

1) The little legs that act as a stand DO hold the thing up. It took me a while to realise that they click back into place to give sturdy support. Only after 20 mins of fiddling and my girlfriend showing me did the penny drop. You think you might break the flimsy legs so its easy to see how you could miss this as its not mentioned anywhere in the "instructions" which are just 6 or so pictures and nothing else.

2) The speakers are powered by 4 AAA's or mains. With this in mind I thought they might have a little punch. Sadly they are only mildly lounder than my non powered ones. Not sure the 2 Watt RMS per channel is correct to be honest. If you do crank up the volume it doesn't take long until the bass distortion is detectable. I've even tried it plugged in to see if that made any difference and sadly it didn't

3) When watching videos on your iPhone the phones orientation needs to be such that the volume controls on the side are not accessable and the headphones socket is at the wrong end. This isn't really the fault of the speakers to be honest as theres nothing they can do to change the fact that when watching videos on the iphone you can only have it one way round and that happens to be with the speaker controls facing down.

4) The fit of the iPhone into the purpose built slot is adequate. However when you slide it closed to snugly hold the phone in place it can easily hit the button on the top turning the thing off!

5) The blue LED on the front is actually quite bright so if you want to listen to the music at night this may put you off.

6) You can set most players to sleep after a certain amount of time but unfortunately that probably wont help as the speakers will still be on draining their tiny AAA batteries.

7) No charging when on mains is a bit of a shame too but then I think the price/size of these speakers wouldn't be the same if that functionality was added.

8) On the plus side, they are pretty small so good for travelling and the bag they come in is a good snug fit, although you can't fit the adapter in too!

I pondered about sending these speakers back but have decided to keep them, so for all their faults they can't be that bad. I've given them 2 stars as they are just about fit for purpose but have a long way to go before I would really recomend them.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for what you pay, 15 Oct. 2008
T. KUKLINSKI "pink_kiwi" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
These are a good price and I think you get value for money.

The speakers emit a decent level of sound. Quality of sound is fine.

Easy to put together.

Downsides are that they don't really hold the iphone in there all that well, you can't access the menu very easy because the speaker blocks the button. It would also be great if they charged the iphone while it's in there. But as I say, the speakers are a good price, and you get what you pay for!

4.0 out of 5 stars At the price. the product does an acceptable job, 23 Aug. 2008
Logic 3 Traveller Speaker system for iPhone .
I found the unit easy to set up in spite of the very basic instructions. Having read a previous review, the legs, once snapped into place, made the unit quite stable, I thought that the sound quality was good considering the size of the speakers, and on the whole I am pleased with my purchase. Incidentally the Amazon delivery service was, as usual superb, dispatched on the day the order was placed, and with me two days later!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for holidays!, 30 May 2009
A. Martin "AshBash" (London) - See all my reviews
I love this product! I think it makes a great gift so got it for other half. It's light and small so easy to carry around. It came in very handy when me and my partner went on holiday and had a bit of a heavy night the night before, we didn't really have the energy to go out again so just sat in and watched a movie on my iPhone. Quite powerful speakers too!

1.0 out of 5 stars Sound ok - nothing else!, 2 Feb. 2008
The sound is fine. hence the 1*. but after that.... no charging facility for the iPod. the so called supports on the back don't even hold it upright - and with the speakers leaning back just collapse under their own weight. The mechanism for holding the iPod is flimsey - and when the speakers are closed you can't reach the controls on the iPod itself! Not recommended

3.0 out of 5 stars pretty good, pity it does not charge, 2 July 2009
Nice looking, sound good, would have given it 5 stars if it charged my Iphone, which seems a waste of a good product, if your on a long journey and the batteries on the i-station run out you only have a fancy stand to hold the iphone in.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great portable speakers for iPod Touch, 18 July 2009
Brilliant set of portable speakers that work well with either iPod touch or iPhone. Surprisingly powerful considering their relatively small size. Mains & battery options make it suitable for all scenarios. Recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb bit of kit for I-phone, 16 Aug. 2009
I cannot fault this item volume is just right so you do not disturb your neighbours a great bit of travel kit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for the money, 28 Oct. 2009
SAAB boy (Newcastle upon Tyne) - See all my reviews
I wanted a small stand-alone speaker unit for my iPhone that would allow me to watch videos as well as play music whilst at work as well as travelling and this little unit delivers in spades. For the size the sound quality is very good and the iPhone 3GS allows videos to be viewed with the sound controls on the top.
The downside-doesnt charge the iPhone and to access the iPhone controls you have to either leave the unit slightly less closed-up or take the phone out of the cradle but thats no big deal.
Can't go wrong for the price!

4.0 out of 5 stars Hi, 18 Jan. 2011
Ahmad Said Rasuli (Denmark) - See all my reviews
hello everybody.
the product is really good.
can recommend it.
but the power plug does not fit here for Danish power sticks.
it looks different, In Denmark we do not use that kind of power connector.