5.0 out of 5 stars Get your skates on
I was in two minds whether to buy this game seeing various mixed reviews on amazon. However being a keen sports fan and having played similair games such as torino 2006 on the PC i decided to go for it. And i haven't put the game down for an entire week and can see myself getting plenty of use from it its superb and i would endorse any reader to purchase this game...
Published on 3 Sep 2008 by Mr. A. Evans

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed
I got quite excited when i saw this game and whipped it off the shelf only to get home and be disappointed.

Published on 3 Feb 2008 by C. Ellis

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Get your skates on, 3 Sep 2008
Mr. A. Evans (Wales) - See all my reviews
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Winter Sports The Ultimate Challenge 2008 (Wii) (Video Game)

Graphically its very nice, you have an opening ceremony, and if you can win a medal at an event then you have a podium ceremony and they play around 30 seconds of your countries national anthem which is a great touch. All crisp and clean and effects you'd expect to see if skiing such as spray and snow etc.... Sound wise there is commentry from two chaps who provide a quirky chat between events which is pretty good and does amuse somewhat !!!!

There are a total of 15 events to choose with some being for example more variations on one sport. I.E Speed skating you have the 500 and 1500m you can compete in one event, or customiize which events you choose to compete in. There is also a career mode where you start in the 4th division and have to progress to the 1st league earning points along the way which can be spent on your athlete to enhance their performance. Also a olympic option whereby you compete straight into the 15 events.

Now then..Difficulty..... Initially this is what put me off buying the game but i must say I found the controls fine,after my 3rd attempt at downhill i had finished without crashing, the ski jumping is all about timing the landing bringing your hands down to ensure a smooth landing and all other events were fine, the only issue I had was with curling and it took me around 30 minutes to fathom out how to release the stones !!! practice makes perfect !!!! this game has been slated for its controls but as i say i found them fine and think the critiscm is from possible gaming newbies who thought it'd be as simple as wii sports.

So there you have it pick this game up get your mates round and enjoy it, I would have no regrets in stating this game is one of my favourites !!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 3 Feb 2008
C. Ellis "esirnus" (uk) - See all my reviews
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars

graphics are limiting and are not very inspiring. i have to agree with others, this game does make very good use of the Wii's innovative controls but there are only so many times i can "ding and dong" my controllers in an attempt to figure skate. Only so many times i can speed skate with large arm movements akin to a 1960's dance craze. Only so many times i can spin my control frantically round in a circle to "charge" up my bobsled.

I got bored very quickly - which is a shame because i liked the idea of this game.

maybe this is a game better suited to be redeveloped for the Wii Balance board to give it more authenticity. After all, skiiing and skating is done with your feet!

3.0 out of 5 stars Maybe a little hard for 3+, 11 Mar 2008
M. Reeve (UK) - See all my reviews
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
Yeah yeah I know the little ones are better at this stuff than us oldies, but I have to say that it takes a while to fully grasp the controls and my 7 year old got so frustrated he gave up.

My older children and husband love it and spend ages on it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A REAL GEM OF A GAME, 2 Dec 2007
R. CURRIE - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I'll keep this short and sweet so I can get back to playing it - this game is ace, its exactly what the wii needs, a game that uses the controllers in trully innovative ways. There are many different options, its fun against the computer aswell as playing it against people.
There is plenty to get yout teeth stuck into this game - unlike many wii games available. This ones definately a keeper!

5.0 out of 5 stars WINTER SPORTS 2008 WII EDITION, 20 Dec 2007
Chinda Ajoku "CHINMAN" (GLASGOW, UK) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Winter sports is the best sports game on the wii bar none. it is a hidden gem that most people dont know about, infact i only discovered it by accident. forget the other reveiwer that says the graphics are average cause there not, they are really good espesially when you run it on a hd telly like i have done + everything is authenticly done just like your watching it on the tv. If you liked mario & sonic at the olympics then you will love this it takes it to the next level in multi player, they apparently sold out all there first batch of stock so all i can say is buy this game now before it sells out again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Winter Sports 2008, 10 Jan 2008
Ian Menzies (Cheshire, UK) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This is an excellent game that really works well with the Wii controllers. Have only played it on the easy level so far and with 3 other levels to go at the game will last a while too. Not sure where you're going to get a copy from, as this game is almost invisible on the internet, but make sure you do when it becomes available.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Fun, 8 Mar 2008
Richard Maybury (Dorset, UK) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
The controlls take a bit of getting used to but its easy to pick up and play with friends. I don't see a problem with the graphics I have a HDTV and its smooth and looks good, for the Wii.

Although just over 2 months for delivery :(

It was worth it...

4.0 out of 5 stars Its a good game, 3 Dec 2008
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
I have seen reviews by people who does not like the game but we in our household, have had great fun with it, I would recomend the game, take it light hearted and have some fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wii SPORTS GAME, 9 April 2009
Stephen Watson "GLIDERMAN" (LEICESTER) - See all my reviews

3.0 out of 5 stars not the best wii game, 2 Jun 2008
K. E. Keschner (Dunoon, Scotland) - See all my reviews
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
this is the forth wii game I have bought and the most disappointing by far. the worst bit is that it does not support your wii like play/fit/sports also very hard for an unexperienced gamer to work out how to use. I did give it some stars as my nephew and niece like it and won't let me re sell yet!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Winter Sports The Ultimate Challenge 2008 (Wii)
Used & New from: £0.30