5.0 out of 5 stars Best quality watches in the world at affordable prices
Published on 16 Feb 2011 by I. Joubert

2.0 out of 5 stars Maybe Not So Good
Published on 6 April 2012 by A. S. Davies

5.0 out of 5 stars Best quality watches in the world at affordable prices, 16 Feb 2011
I. Joubert (Pretoria) - See all my reviews
I have now owned a OMEGA Seamaster quartz model for 10 years and 4 months.It looks just like this model in almost all respects. The watch is rarely off my arm except at night.The battery lasts 5 years -I have now replaced batteries twice in 10 years.It has a very ingenious way of warning of a battery failure long before it fails.I set the watch about once a year and of late I set it by using the GPS apparatus in my car.The watch is fast by about 35 seconds in a year!I have had no problems with the watch or the most excellent clasp whatsoever.Because of my countrie's very hot climate the steel clasp is much more preferable to say a more elegant leather band.Leather only lasts between 6 to 12 months when it has to be replaced.The only sign of my OMEGA's age ,except for a slightly worn patina on the clasp,is the second hand.It's sharp end point was initially a bright red and has now succumbed to the African sun to a light pink.It can be replaced by an agent if I so wish.I have recently purchased a very expensive automatic watch but find it's inability to keep time as well as my trusty Seamaster to be slightly disapointing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dogs cahones.........., 31 Aug 2011
Ian Watterson (s.york's) - See all my reviews
Wanted one for years, finally bought one and rarely wear it.
Too expensive to wear to work so wear my tatty old seiko dive watch.
Looks good, feels good. Never tells the right time, dates always wrong. Mates all tell me it's the most expensive piece of poor timekeeping they ever saw.
It is a lovely watch and all faults are coz I never wear it.
Oh, for the guy that wouldn't dive in one, did 62m with mine and it still told the time. You just need to make sure it's all screwed down good and tight.
Wouldn't be without it. Gets admiring glances and other people want one. Well I got one.

2.0 out of 5 stars Maybe Not So Good, 6 April 2012
A. S. Davies "Ishigawa" (Wales) - See all my reviews
Bought one of these from a reputable jeweller just over 4 years ago. Co-axial movement. I expected several years reliable service without any problems. I accept it needs servicing (Omega recommend every 5 years). I wear it every day, all the time. The watch has had no knocks or bangs. I wear it swimming, but have dived in it only once (Over 2 years ago). It stopped last weekend. I did NOT expect it to completely stop when only 4 years old. The watch now has to go back to Omega for repair. It will be with Omega for at least 6-8 weeks. The cost will be considerable (The guarantee is only for 2 years sir!). Another good watch could be bought for the servicing costs!
If you wish an expensive and good looking, but (Ultimately) unreliable watch, buy one of these. I would not buy another at the price Omega ask.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Watch, 21 Jun 2012
D. Garrad "Dansolo" (GB) - See all my reviews
I will have had this watch in September for 10 Years and have ha the battery changed once and really did miss it while it was away, the watch still looks like new apart from a bit of wear on the clasp , I have worn it pretty much all the time and it has taken quite a bit of abuse , not on purpose , but on a few occasion's I have knocked it against walls and expecting to see a horrible scratch on the glass or the strap but to see nothing(I think the wall came of worst) the watch is built like a tank. As for time keeping I may lose a few seconds a month which is more than acceptable. These are expensive watches and i was lucky enough to of had this a present but I vouch for robustness of every wearing and to the fact that this is a very well designed timepiece that I am very proud to wear.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not reccommended, 20 Mar 2013
I have had the same problem as "A. S. Davies" and agree with his comments.
I had to have it serviced within the guarantee period as it was loosing 20 seconds a day. When it was returned it still lost 10 seconds a day. Over time this got worse so I hand wound it every night which improved things for a while. I was wearing it all the time so there should be no reason for it not to maintain a suitable power reserve. The final straw was when it stopped during the day and I missed an important appointment. I have other automatic watches that are far more reliable and accurate, Seiko for example, and they were all considerably cheaper!. If you must have a mechanical watch, either get a Rolex or look at some of the cheaper makers using the same basic ETA movement. Don't buy an Omega.
I am also confused by the earlier comments regarding battery replacement. Duh!

Omega Constellation Ladies Watch 1272.75