4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent but fluffy
I bought an "all seasons" duvet in November last year and it has been really good. A very-well made duvet soft, fluffy down-like filling that certainly keeps me very warm even in the coldest nights. In fact, I have often found it over-warm during the inconsistent changes of weather, it's definitely snugly, lovely and warm.
The product is 5 starts; unfortunately I...
Published on 13 Jan 2012 by Alex

Published on 21 Sep 2012 by L. Bromley-Smith

2.0 out of 5 stars Warm and cosy but not worth buying due to all the white fluff!!, 21 Sep 2012
L. Bromley-Smith (Nottingham, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Homescapes - Ultrasoft Super Microfibre - All Seasons Duvet ( 9.5 + 4.5 Tog ) - King Size - The Best Synthetic Duvets designed for And Used By The Best 5 and 7 Star Hotels From Around The World - Anti Allergy - Anti Dustmite - Box Baffel Construction - Washable at Home
I bought this duvet set thinking that the fluff couldnt be as bad as some of the reviews said, but it is. Although the duvets are soft, warm and very cosy, the amount of white fluff that come out everytime I have to change the cover is unbelievable, and it just keeps on coming. When I first changed it in my bedroom the carpet was absolutely covered in white fluff. The biggest problem is that the fluff is so small and soft that will not come off my carpet using the dyson, so I had to get on my hands and knees and use parcel wrapping tape to get it off - which took a long time!! I now have to change the duvet in my hall, which has hard floors, so that I can brush all the fluff up afterwards. I only ever use 100% cotton duvet covers in my house, therefore the design fault cannot be blamed on using the wrong type of duvet cover, in fact I actually bought the duvet cover I use from the company that sold me the duvet, just to be on the safe side after the reviews. I didnt bother trying to send the duvet back after the review said the company blamed it on not using 100% cotton sheets.

Although it is really soft and a really good duvet, I wouldnt buy this brand again - its not worth all the time I have to spend cleaning up the white fluff everytime I wash the duvet cover!

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent but fluffy, 13 Jan 2012
The product is 5 starts; unfortunately I have to agree with those ones about the fluff problems, when it first arrived it was covered in white fluff!! I brushed it and vacuumed it to remove the fluff, however every time I change the duvet cover, it comes with lot of the white fluffy balls - I had to spend an hour removing it.
So if you are ready for fluff removal, get the duvet you won't regret a thing.

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY, UNLESS YOU LIKE FLUFF EVERYWHERE, 5 April 2011
What I do not like is all the "bobbles" of microfibre that sticks to the inside of the duvet cover, which in effect means everytime I change the bed I get microfibre all around the bedroom, it clings to everything and the only way to solve this is to take it outside and drape over the washing line, give very vigorous shakes and then apply a lint roller brush to remove it all. I was told it was maybe something to do with my duvet cover by the manufacturer, but as I use 100% cotton dont see why. This fibre gets all up ours noses etc.
ADDED TO THIS REVIEW TO TELL EVERYONE MY ASTHMA SUFFERER HUSBAND IS HAVING PROBLEMS WITH HIS BREATHING NOW SO HAVE HAD TO STOP USING THIS PRODUCT. ITS ALL THE FLUFF THAT IS AFFECTING HIM. I AM NOW GOING TO TAKE THIS UP WITH TRADING STANDARDS AS THE MANUFACTURER WILL DO NOTHING ABOUT A REFUND.

5.0 out of 5 stars A super range of duvets., 18 Sep 2009
G. Wright (Dagenham, Essex United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I bought one of these last year and it has been so good, I've just purchased another. A very-well made duvet with a luxuriously soft, fluffy down-like filling that will certainly keep the coldest chill out. In fact, I have often found it over-warm during the inconsistent changes of weather and I only used the two parts together for a very short period over the coldest spell.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product!, 17 July 2010
Gil5563 (South of England) - See all my reviews
With a little trepidation (having slept under a natural down duvet for many years) I ordered this microfibre All Season Homescapes Goose Down Like All Seasons Duvet King Size - The Best Synthetic Duvets designed for 5 Star Hotels by HOMESCAPES- Anti Allergy Super Microfibre Filling - Washable at HomeSummer & Winter weight duvet set. If the Summer duvet is anything to go by, I can't wait to snuggle up under the Winter duvet! True to its writeup, the microfibre is lovely, soft and very, very light - in fact I now prefer it to my original down duvet! During the recent spell of very hot weather we have experienced the duvet has been just the right weight and we have not felt too hot at all and even now when the temperatures have dropped, we still feel very comfortable. Having been very impressed with the price and quality of the product compared to other suppliers, I have just ordered a couple of Microfibre pillows.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous, 29 Oct 2010
I have always had a feather duvet, which I loved , but my allergy to the feathers became chronic so, after researching every duvet online !, I decided to try this one. It is fabulous! It is light yet thick, settles around you as does feather/down so no nasty drafty bits or cold spots. It is beautifully warm and so versatile with the 3 different togs. I love it so much I bought the same for my touring caravan - it can get REALLY cold in there in the winter - but this is just so snuggly and warm.
The casing material and finish is very good quality too - feels quite luxurious. I just love it!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Badly designed duvet, 2 Jun 2011
Penny Rimmington (Yorkshire, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
At first I was pleased with the duvet - was warm and well made. Unfortunately problems started when I first changed my duvet cover - the inside was covered in white fluff !! The same thing happened every time I changed the cover - I had to spend half an hour brushing it all off with a lint brush to stop my washer getting clogged. I contacted Homescapes and was told the problem was on my part - I was using the wrong duvet cover apparently - poly/cotton which caused fluff to rub off from the covering on the duvet (they said the problem would not happen with 100% cotton covers). As most of the duvet covers sold on the high street are poly/cotton I think they should change the manufacture of their cover, rather than their customers having to invest in covers that are compatible with theirs !! Furthermore - and more worryingly - I noticed that my asthma was exacerbated by the white fluff. As these duvets are sold as being "anti-allergenic" and suitable for asthma sufferers, this is potentially a breach of the Trade Descriptions Act. PLEASE BE AWARE IF YOU ARE AN ASTHMA SUFFERER AND AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

5.0 out of 5 stars mmmmmm - snuggly, 19 Nov 2011
I've had this duvet a couple of weeks now so have changed the cover several times and, although there is some fluffing coming off it, it's not as bad as some people seem to have experienced. As I have all white bedding and wooden floors it's not going to be a problem for me.

But it's soooooooooooooooo snuggly. Lovely and warm.

Only slight problem for me is I get RSI from time to time and one of my elbows is bad at the moment. How is this relevant? This is one fairly heavy duvet so changing it is a bit of a wrestling match when you're trying not to take weight on one arm.

But, on the plus side, it doesn't "tent" like lighter duvets. It's like an all-night cuddle !!

(did i go a bit over the top there ?)

2.0 out of 5 stars Certainly not a 5 star hotel product, 22 April 2011
Very disappointed by this product and the vendors' response. After a couple of weeks of use it started to shed little white balls of fluff. The vendor says this is not the stuffing coming out but piling from the duvet's outer fabric rubbing against the inside of our 100% cotton duvet cover. Whatever the reason, the little white balls continue to transfer to the outside of our duvet cover (which is black) and it frankly looks a mess. I really can't imagine that 5* hotels would tolerate this... I've stayed in plenty and I've never seen a bed looking as messy as ours looks every time I change the cover.

Don't buy it and if you do, don't expect a refund from the vendor.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super soft, super snuggly, 6 Dec 2010
R. Page - See all my reviews
This is a lovely product - I have never raved about bedding before but I am now! Very fast delivery (within 48 hours) and a beautifully warm and snuggly duvet. Cannot be faulted.