3.0 out of 5 stars Looks Nice(ish)... Works OK(ish), 23 Jan 2008
Mr. M. J. Cawley "Matthew" (Liverpool, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Advent ADE-WD1 Radio Transfer, PC / Mac, Keyboard (Personal Computers)
This is the first wireless keyboard and mouse I have owned so not much to compare to but...

* Setting up is easy, insert batteries, press three buttons (1 on receiver, 1 on mouse, 1 on keyboard) and thats it! Great... we have new wireless keyboard and mouse.

* Keyboard looks quite nice, a fresh white sheen to it with laptop style keys (quite flat) which I quite like the feel to.

* Battery life is Good (i think)...

* Distance isnt great.. struggles about 2+ meters away to pick up individual keys (but still)

* Keyboard isnt too bulky as some Microsoft ones can be

Infact this is exactly what i wanted ALTHOUGH every now and again i have to re-configure and set the whole thing up again and I have no idea why, it's not that the batteries are running out as i originally thought. I think it just forgets on the odd reboot or perhaps if you move keyboard or mouse out of a certain range temporarily that might mean something who knows?... all i know is its annoying and not always easy to correct (first time).

I'm wanting a new one, not bad as a cheap solution, it still doing me "OK" but only "OK" not "well". I'd personally spend a little more on a better one

2.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for, 21 Aug 2008
R. Santos (Hertfordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
On first impressions, this looks like a decent, stylish set, for a cheap bundle I mean. The keyboard has a good feel, the key noise and travel is very good and reassuring, and the mouse is not half bad.

I've got my set for 9 months now (PCWorld), and just happen to be taking it back to the shop for warranty as the keyboard has just packed up on me.

The media keys have become rather stiff, to the point where there was not much feedback and you never knew if you were actually actuating it or not. The labels on the keys have worn off. I've no more "N", "M", ".", "L", "A", "S", Left Shift and Down Arrow. The keyboard has stopped working altogether, and it's not the batteries, the receiver, or pairing. I've tried several batteries, all of which were taken from a fresh pack.

Before failing, it worked very well, but there is something conveniently hidden in small print on the flimsy manual. You will not believe it but the manual says the range is "20cm". Yes, 20cm, that's like 7 inches!! I mean, what's the point of a wireless suite that works up to 7 inches?? Of course, this is not printed on the box anywhere. Still, despite that, it does work regularly up to 1 meter although as the batteries drain, this gets less and less.

The keyboard's batteries last an eternity. I think I've only gone through a set or two. The mouse's, well that can drain anywhere from a week to a month. On average I was getting about 2-3 weeks. That's expensive.

I used mine on a Macbook Pro. The white is nice, and the media keys work perfectly. Shame the quality and the range let this down. For that reason, I cannot recommend this if you're a heavy user, though I imagine it's fine for casual use.

ARRAY(0xbc78baec)