on 4 May 2009
Bought these to complement the Yamaha P85 keyboard and stand replacing the sustain only pedal which comes with the P-85. Whilst the unit represents reasonable value for money, the pedals themselves are moulded plastic and do not have the feel of acoustic piano pedals. They do however allow increased sound variation / expressiveness of the piano tones. I did find the stand alone pedal had a tendency to slide around (on a laminate floor) so these being fixed was an improvement.
on 13 December 2012
Since I'm trying to learn to play the piano, I got to the point where the free sustain pedal that came with the P85 was no longer enough to give the expression I needed. The free pedal, aside from wandering around the floor, only has two positions really: on and off. The pedal board gives varying degrees of sustain depending on how far the pedal is pressed, which is very nice. Some other reviewer thinks the left pedal makes no difference but in fact it does; admittedly it's rather subtle and has the effect of simulating 'una corda', or 'one string' by giving a softer, more mellow sound, removing the bright highlights on the timbre.
I was I to fault slightly the item that would be in the pedals themselves, which are just plastic and feel a bit cheap, but one can't really expect them to be solid metal for a 50 quid purchase.
on 2 March 2009
Not quite like piano pedals (but then the P85 is not quite a piano!) but does the job nicely.
on 5 September 2015
I just got the Yamaha P115 piano and wanted proper pedals for it. The pedal board is easy to fit onto the stand, but they're very high up, even set at the lowest level. As I have little feet, I had to use some of the polystyrene packaging as a makeshift footrest to lift my heel up higher. Only this made it comfortable enough. They also feel a little cheap, but I'd been used to metal pedals on a cabinet piano, so I'm hoping I'll get used to this.
on 2 November 2013
Fantastic service, arrived the day after I ordered it. Fitted with my new Yamaha P105 and L85 stand easily. I love the fact I can now use the pedals as I would on the acoustic piano I have lessons on. Great price too.
on 30 April 2013
Works really well. Sound construction. Pedals Encased in a very solid grey plastic. Easy to put into the main unit.
on 12 August 2011
This set of pedals is much better than the free pedal that comes with the keyboard for two reasons - it does not move about and it provides extra functionality.
Moreover it looks better.

Obviously the right pedal removes the damper function (the note does not stop playing as soon as a key is released).
The left pedal is meant to be a 'soft' pedal, but maybe this is faulty on our keyboard or pedal because it does not seem to make any difference.

It is the centre pedal that is a revelation - this gives 'sostenuto' (or sustain) for those keys that were depressed when the pedal is put down.
I have always wondered what the centre pedal does on some pianos.
44 comments|One person found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 August 2015
Excellent, though it's plastic and feels a bit cheap (if that bothers you)
on 14 January 2016
Very nicely made and fits my piano perfectly. Pleased with purchase.
on 27 May 2015
Very useful addition to the Yamaha electric piano. Easy to fit.