on 21 August 2015
My P-45 is black, but I opted for the white L-85 stand. It is really well-made, 'knee-friendly' - and far more stable than a folding 'X' stand (which is still highly practical if you need to take your piano out for a gig or family gathering).
My husband has created a piano 'nook' in our spare room; it is framed by white shelves and the stand fits in beautifully.
There is however, one caveat; the stand does its job - but I should point out that the WHITE version has two very large BLACK brackets that join the back and side sections together; these are highly visible from the lower front. "No big deal" you might think - but it might matter a lot to someone else.
I contacted the Yamaha GB/Europe Technical Support Team who confirmed that ALL of their L-85 white stands come with black brackets:
"The brackets that hold the Piano to the stand are black in colour to match the underside of the P115WH which is also black in colour. I am very sorry but we do not have white brackets available for this stand".
I then contacted Amazon to point out that - whilst I would not be returning the product - other customers could feel somewhat misled by the library photograph of the stand.
Not just Amazon - most online music stores appear to rely on using the self-same inaccurate illustration - so Yamaha really need a strong reminder to supply retailers with the correct one.
Amazon kindly offered a £5 discount - which would just about buy a can of white paint if I decide to match the brackets to the stand.
I realize that this focus on colour seems a little 'nitpicky' - but when buying online - customers not only rely on an accurate description of an product's usefulness - we also require an accurate reflection of its aesthetics. After all, for many of us - Yamaha accessories aren’t exactly cheap.

Anyhow, leaving colour matters aside - I can assure you that once your Yamaha is attached to this stand, it will feel exactly like sitting at (as well as playing) a real piano.
Of course, there are various instructions online for creating 'DIY' portable piano stands; but the beauty of the L-85 is that it fixes firmly and safely to your keyboard.
In addition, I researched the cost of a 'DIY' stand - and after paying for good-quality wood or MDF/ paint/ specialist screws and brackets you'd have very little change from £60.
Thus, you need to ask yourself whether all the hard work and head-scratching is really worth the £15-£20 that you might save by rejecting the tailor-made, genuine article.
Something else to consider - is that using a non-standard fixed stand might damage your piano - and could possibly void your Yamaha warranty.
The L-85 instructions are very clear - and it took less than 30 minutes for my husband to assemble it (what a star!)
I’m happy with this - but if you order the white model and want it to be completely white- just budget for some decent (satin finish) white paint!
on 16 June 2010
This stand is worth the money. I eventually succumbed after using a cheaper X stand with my P85 for 1.5 years. In recent months the X stand was giving me back pain after half an hour of playing and often I'd have to lay down afterwards to recover! This stand is sturdy, made of solid materials, and, crucially, allows you to get your legs underneath the piano and have it at the correct height. It's important to make sure your stool is at the right height too, so that your forearms are parallel to the ground and your wrists just above the keyboard.

Since purchasing this, I've had no troubles with my back, playing has been much more comfortable, and the piano also just looks much better overall when on this matching stand. I'd buy this as soon as possible to go with your P85 as the price seems to be rising.
on 13 November 2015
Nice, sturdy stand which makes sitting at my electric piano feel like sitting at a proper piano. Also wanted to confirm that this stand fits the Yamaha P-105 keyboard (this is what I have!) because the item description doesn't make this obvious. I note that some reviewers say it is rather overpriced, and whilst I agree that it's not cheap, the difference between using my piano on a folding metal stand which can wobble and is restricted in the height settings and where I can fit my legs, and playing it on the L85 stand is really night and day - stable, well-balanced and heavy enough to feel solid and sturdy - it's not made of cheap low-density material and should wear well - plus it looks good too! I think it's worth every penny! I also purchased the pedal board (LP-5A) which attaches to the piano stand (and incidentally is also compatible with the P-105 even although the item description does not indicate this) - I would recommend this too if you have the money, as it makes the stand even sturdier (although it is perfectly sturdy without it!). No longer will I have to muck up my playing mid-tune because I'm too busy chasing the loose pedal which came with the piano around the floor with right foot to concentrate on what my hands are doing - Moonlight Sonata sounds so much better now :P !!!
on 2 October 2010
I bought the P-85 digital piano and this one is its matching stand. It is excellent product. I am very happy with the purchase from amazon web page. The delivery service is so good and fast and also free!
on 21 April 2013
This stand is really usefull as it supports the Yamaha P35 keyboard well and there is plenty of space to sit comfortably.
on 28 March 2012
Don't get me wrong, this stand is far better than using an x-frame, but for the price, should provide much more stability than it does. Any playing beyond mf will result in the whole keyboard wobbling! It's a shame, because the P95 is a good instrument.
on 5 September 2015
I just bought the Yamaha P115 and it's a lovely stand to compliment the piano. I don't like the X stands as you keep banging your knees on them, so this was perfect. I was a bit worried it'd be hard to install, but the instructions were very clear, and the quality is excellent. Very happy with it, and I bought the pedal board to go with it.
on 4 March 2016
Well designed to sit perfectly with my P105 keyboard. I used to have an X frame stand and couldn't get my knees under. This is much better. The height is approx' 28 and a half inches from the floor to the top of the white keys. Wobbles a little from front to back but I think this maybe because I have it on carpet and it needs to bed in. There is no wobble from side to side. Over all good value for money. Well finished and easy to assemble.
on 3 August 2011
Bought this to accompany the Yamaha P95 digital piano for my daughter. Sturdy and for the price, an excellent stand. I have not experienced any other stands to add further comment or comparison, but my 9 year old daughter is happy (hopefully she will keep up the piano practice!) and my wife likes it as it looks nice in the dining room. Say no more.
on 14 February 2015
The Yamaha P105 sits neatly on this stand but how they can price it so much over £40-50 beats me. Its solid enough - black laminated chipboard with two metal angle brackets & well boxed. That's all there is to it really. Pity no other colours available except black & white.