5.0 out of 5 stars Best Press Up's
Published on 5 Jun 2009 by Linus Consularis

3.0 out of 5 stars Plasticky, but they do the job.
When I unboxed these Push-Up Bars I was surprised to see they weren't as fancy looking as they are in the photos where they look quite solid and glossy. Instead they are definitely very plasticky and have a matt finish with the Power Pushup's logo on them, which is not shown in the promo photos.

One of the Push-Up Bars I got rattles as the plastic parts haven't...
Published on 15 May 2008 by b4-its-2-l8

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Press Up's, 5 Jun 2009
This review is from: Power Push ups (Sports)
If you do press ups at home or the gym as part of your exercise routine then these are a must! They keep the wrists straight while performing the exercise which means less strain on the wrist. These Power Push ups are comfortable easy to use and swivel with your natural hand position and you move up and down. There are grips under the plates to stop them sliding around so they are good even on a hard surface such as laminate flooring. Easy to do narrow and wide press ups for inner and outer chest muscles. These are the cheapest I have found around and are easy to carry in a sports bag if taking them to the gym or use them at home. They really do work!

3.0 out of 5 stars Plasticky, but they do the job., 15 May 2008
b4-its-2-l8 (London) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Power Push ups (Sports)

One of the Push-Up Bars I got rattles as the plastic parts haven't been assembled very securely, nonetheless, it still holds together well and they're too cheap for the hassle of sending back.

However, on to the plus side... the reason I bought these is I have a problem with one of my wrists, which can be quite sore when trying to support my weight in the press up position. But I remember having PE teacher who used to do press ups with one hand in the normal position and the other on his knuckles, he did this to ease the arthritis he had.

So, not fancying doing press ups on knuckles, I figured I'd give these a go to see if they work - and hey presto, they do! Press-ups without pain!

The rotation mechanism is rough but functional and the tops of the hand-holds have a rubberised section to aid grip.

I can't know how long the Push-Up Bars will last, but they do the job they were bought for.

4.0 out of 5 stars Significant improvement for push-ups, 9 July 2009
This review is from: Power Push ups (Sports)
I'm a great fan of push-ups, they work many parts of the upper body muscle groups, and give ever increasing visable results when done over a period of time and in good quantity.

I first saw an item like this in one of those infomercials, they wanted like £30 for em, I checked here and found these for much cheaper so thought I'd give em a shot.

I didn't expect much beside the improvment in joint movement, as that is somthing that annoys me when doing press-ups.

I must say, they offer a great improvement in the overall targetting of muscle groups, you feel the strain more in the arms and shoulders than with regular prush-ups and the rotational movement negates damage to joints.

For the first week or so of using them, I couldn't complete my usual ammount of reps, as muscle groups that wern't being worked as hard before were coming under much more strain when using these.

I'm happy with the product, it does what it's ment to do, and the quality is reflected in the price....cheap and cheerful! but does the job.

R

3.0 out of 5 stars Worth it for the price, 2 Mar 2009
This review is from: Power Push ups (Sports)
They're larger than I thought they would be, but thats not usually much of an issue, and no points taken off for this (for me it is slightly annoying, because I'm a student and I don't normally live in the UK).

They do their job, much better for the wrist than regular pushups, though the quality of the plastic seems a bit cheap, and they creak a bit. But for under 10 quid, you can't really go wrong with these.
They're also a bit rough around the edges when it comes to the place where the rubber pads join the plastic handle, with the plastic protruding slightly, making it uncomfortable to grip for too long, though wearing gloves or just taping the handle over with duct tape or something similar would remove that problem.

4.0 out of 5 stars Really does make push-ups easier and more effective., 12 Aug 2010
This review is from: Power Push ups (Sports)
The power push ups are a great aid for push ups, especially if you have dodgy elbow joints.
The only downfall is a slight lack of quality as they start to dig into the palms of your hands after a while, but this can be solved by wearing exercise gloves of some kind.
Other than that they are great.

3.0 out of 5 stars mixed feelings, 8 July 2009
Stephen Parker (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Power Push ups (Sports)
There's nothing wrong with the product. The grips twist as they should. After using them, however, I've come to realise that they don't need to twist really. If I let my arms move in a natural way, they don't seem to twist as I do a pushup. In other words, a normal pushup works just as well, and this product doesn't really prevent stresses and strains.
S0....it's a bit of a well marketed gadget that you can do without.
On the other hand, just buying it incentivised me to do some more pushups just so I get to use my new gadget, so maybe it's worth a low price investment just to achieve a bit of interest in your workout routine. On the positive side, you can dip lower than just using your hands on the floor, so 30 pushups with the grips is as intense as 40 on the floor (if you dip all the way so your nose touches the floor)

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay, but uncomfortable, 29 April 2009
M. van der Merwe (Carshalton, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Power Push ups (Sports)
Some of the other reviewers warned me, but I went ahead and bought them anyway, because they were cheap (ish). And you get what you pay for. The plastic looks and feels cheap and the handles are very uncomfortable and sometimes hurts the palms of my hands. But if you are looking for something cheap and cheerful, and only want something for a few push-ups, then these would be okay.

4.0 out of 5 stars Why pay more., 15 Aug 2010
This review is from: Power Push ups (Sports)
This product is as advertised, it does the same as the more expensive ones for a fraction of the price. fast delivery, very pleased.

3.0 out of 5 stars Further to the Review by 'fitnessmastr', 10 Jan 2009
This review is from: Power Push ups (Sports)
First of all, I would like to say that I agree with the fantastic review by `fitnessmastr'. Read his review before you read this. He has pretty much covered all areas and left little for everyone else. But I feel I can add a bit more he missed.

If you can do 20 reps, then what's from stopping you carrying out more advanced press ups? You can:

-Elevate your legs to move your centre of gravity and make it harder on your muscles (then see if you can do 20 reps - if you can, go higher again!)
-Put some weight on your back whilst performing a push up (put something heavy in a backpack). And if you can do 20, add more weight- simples.

The main issue here is how much the equipment can take without breaking. I personally have had my friend who claims to be 18st. (114kg to me) have a go on them, and they still work fine. I am 88kg (13st. 8lb) and have had 20kg (3st.) on my back whilst elevated a bit.

So don't just buy them until you can do 20 reps and then leave them to collect dust. Squeeze every penny's worth of use out of them!

What I noticed most about this bit of kit when I first started using it was how much harder they are than regular press ups. I think this is because they use the muscles differently to what I was used to. It's hard to explain, but I felt that whilst they work the chest, triceps and shoulders like regular press ups - they worked different parts of them.

This must be because of the different range of motion. i.e. the equipment allows you to twist, hence you must use the muscle differently. So they develop areas that were not as strong.

Lastly, some reviewers have been complaining about the equipment not having a smooth motion. I agree with this. Mine are not fluid, but do not jerk. It is more of a light resistance to the motion and is more prominent when more weight is placed on them (like elevated or backpack). So it is probably the heavier boys that are having problems.

Overall, they are ok for the money. They are not ground breaking or a `must have' bit of kit. But help mix things up and keep your muscles guessing if you throw them into a workout every once in a while.

I hope this review was helpful.

3.0 out of 5 stars they do the trick, 4 Jun 2012
This review is from: Power Push ups (Sports)
kind of a cheap feel to these things, and they're fairly noisy, but hey, they work. if you're a gym rat, get a better pair. if you just like to do pushups every now and then so you don't feel like a lazy p.o.s. then save your money and get these.

Power Push ups