4.0 out of 5 stars re:fireguard
My daughter was very pleased with the fireguard.She also was very pleased that it was black rather than bronze coloured.Also the fact that it was an adjustable one proved very helpful.The pricing and delivery were also extremely favourable.
Published on 29 Jun. 2009 by R. H. Millership

1.0 out of 5 stars Not good enough !!
Published on 13 Oct. 2010 by Foxylock

4.0 out of 5 stars re:fireguard, 29 Jun. 2009
R. H. Millership (Birmingham, England) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Value for Money, 5 Jun. 2009
This review is from: Clippasafe Extendable Fireguard (Baby Product)
This fire guard is extendable allowing it to be adjusted to fit the fireplace. We use it when our grandson visits us and it is a very convenient and effective item which can be folded and stored away easily when not in use. It represents very good value compared with other similar products on the market.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use fire guard, 12 Mar. 2009
Andrew Walker "Dotty" (Lower Sunbury, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Clippasafe Extendable Fireguard (Baby Product)
This fireguard was the easiest to errect...having had 3 in the past!

Out of the box and up in 5 minutes. Then just 2 screws in the wall beside the fireplace. It stores away easily too..once the youngsters have gone home!
It is finished in a matt black colour, which i prefer, as oppossed to the normal copper finish

4.0 out of 5 stars Very easy to put together, 2 Nov. 2009
T. Lane - See all my reviews
This review is from: Clippasafe Extendable Fireguard (Baby Product)
Very good product and very easy to fit together. Can be used as a stand alone or fixed to the wall. It took me a minute to put it together and being able to extend it is a real bonus. I would recommend this to anyone.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not good enough !!, 13 Oct. 2010
This review is from: Clippasafe Extendable Fireguard (Baby Product)
Yes, this will be mostly negative I'm afraid. I must have a baby moth because he will do anything to get into the fire ! So it's absolutely imperative that a safe and secure fireguard is used at all times. But of course all responsible parents know this, however some may be misled into thinking a product is infallible by a plethora of positive reviews. Many of which may be questionable.

Regarding the size, the product is fine, it does exactly what it says on the tin. But when extended to the maximum length, it becomes weak in the middle and my little buster has already found this weak spot and continually tries to push it towards the fire .... and it does give way ! Also the brackets supplied to join the parts together are of the "push together type" which are wholly inadequate as when there is pressure applied on the fireguard the brackets tend to open and fall off. Also there is not enough of them supplied to properly secure the parts together. I would prefer the wing nut system that rival brands tend to favour. Lastly my fireguard came without any means of securing it to the wall and I thought this just adds insult to possible injury. And when it's the possibility of injuring my child, I believe an awareness must be raised.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value fireguard, 18 Oct. 2009
This review is from: Clippasafe Extendable Fireguard (Baby Product)
Excellent value for money, arrived really quickly too. We bought this as our grand daughter is around one year old and this provides excellent protection for her.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fireguards., 4 Oct. 2009
Mr. P. J. R. Cole "PC-Clacton" (Essex UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Clippasafe Extendable Fireguard (Baby Product)
Uncomplicated to fit and a good fit to fire. Looks neat and perfect for the job. Ideal where variable width is required.Clippasafe Extendable Fireguard

5.0 out of 5 stars Good enough to leave in place at all times, 5 Feb. 2010
This review is from: Clippasafe Extendable Fireguard (Baby Product)
I bought this as my grand-daughter is just starting to toddle around and is an extremely proficient crawler! We have recently installed a new gas stove type fire which if floor mounted as opposed to wall mounted as we had previously. Therefore we needed something which was going to surround a hearth as well as the fire. We also wanted black to go with new decor.
The fire guard was delivered much quicker than expected. We put it up straight away and have not taken it down since. It appears to be good quality and thankfully has not yet been rhino tested by the little one. It was very good value too as I shopped around bebfore buying and this was definitely the best choice for our purposes.
All in all a good buy and excellent service from Amazon and its partners.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what it says!, 9 Oct. 2009
K. Kennedy - See all my reviews
This review is from: Clippasafe Extendable Fireguard (Baby Product)
Easy to assemble, no hassles, great item. Bought one for my mums as well so that says loads

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality and a lot of hassle for something so simple, 29 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Clippasafe Extendable Fireguard (Baby Product)
First delivery was missing one of the clips to fix the fireguard to the wall (pretty important). Emailed manufacture to see if they could send one (rather than have to send the whole thing back to Amazon), but no response, so returned to Amazon.

Second delivery missing 6 out of 8 spring clips that were supposed to supplied (according to instructions). Really, how hard is it to put the right quantity of components into the box?

I've made do with the 2 spring clips that were supplied rather than again going through all the hassle of boxing it all up, waiting indoors to get it picked up for return, and then waiting indoors for another day to get a replacement delivered.

The product itself looks ok when assembled and seems sturdy when attached to the wall so sure it will prevent my 9 month old from exploring the fireplace and hearth. However, it is tricky to assemble and the instructions are unclear and very poorly written. No info provided on drill bit size needed for attachment to brickwork (I used 6mm plus wall plug which worked ok for me).

In summary, does the job, but a lot of hassle for something that is so simple. If I needed to buy another, I'd go elsewhere.

Clippasafe Extendable Fireguard