on 4 February 2010
My dog is now 14 and her claws have been a problem for the last couple of years because she is nowhere near as active as she used to be. She used to love chasing balls and sticks so it was easy to keep her claws 'filed' using a road! These days she just looks at us disdainfully if we attempt to throw anything for her to chase.

Taking her to the vet for her claws to be clipped has been awful... firstly she loathes going to the vet and secondly she hates having her feet touched. It always ends up a truly stressful experience for all and the dog usually has to be muzzled.

At her age it seemed so unfair so I thought I would give these a go. I am so happy I did! I quietly stroked her and kept her calm while my husband got to work. He had nearly finished the third set of claws before she noticed what he was doing and struggled to get up. That was the end of it for then but about a half hour later we managed to finish the job, again with no fuss and no distress for our pooch. Overall it took a few seconds to do each set of claws. The clippers were really quiet... no loud clip noise at all and they are really sharp so the claw slices really cleanly. I was super impressed with these, and for the money they are a real bargain.
0Comment| 136 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 August 2009
This clippers seems very good - sturdily made and easy to use. Importantly, it doesn't scare my dog by making a loud noise when it clips. For the price, it's great.
on 3 November 2009
Was well impressed with this as I have never used one before or even seen one used I was a bit worried I would split the nails or hurt my two Spangles! But in fact it was absolutely as easy as falling off a log, the result is a trimmed claw, a happy dog and no snagging on the carpets.

My dogs DO have 2 - 3 mile walks most days, they also have 4 mile walks at weekends, but because this is forest and woodland areas the claws don't get worn down. I am happy now, and most importantly, my dogs are happy too.

Brilliant product.
on 18 August 2010
This is an excellent, quality product. My dog had dew claws which had got out of control. These little claws don't make contact with the ground so do not wear. This clipper is simple and safe. There is no chance of spiking the dog or cutting him by accident. You just put the hoop around the nail and snip - all gone. Just make sure you only cut the dead part of the nail, and do NOT cut near the pink, living part of the nail! This is very important, so look very carefully at your dog's nails before beginning. There are free online articles which explain what you need to do. But don't be put off - it is not difficult. I highly recommend this product so you can do this yourself and can avoid paying anyone else to do it. My dog is a Samoyed, and so I expect this clipper will particularly suit medium and large breeds.

I notice one reviewer said the product was cheap and that the blade bent on cutting the nails - it is possible that the product supplied to this reviewer was not the genuine Wahl product if it was ordered from a 3rd party seller. Make sure you order from Amazon if you want the branded product. I was perfectly satisfied with the quality of my Wahl clippers supplied by Amazon.
on 3 September 2012
I was pretty to reluctant to cut the toenails of our huge (48K) German Shepherd as they were long and thick. Our vet charges us £80 every time we visit so I was pretty reluctant to try that too. I watched a video on Youtube showing that the job could be done by an amateur, so decided to give it a shot. So what clippers to buy? I think I was sold by the Wahl name and at a price so cheap it didn't matter, I ordered the gillotine type. Fantastic. Sharp and easy to use Sam just lay there unmoving and let me trim away. I was quite cautious at first, just taking off an eighth of an inch at a time but soon got the confidence to do the whole job again. Perfect product, perfect result and all for a couple of quid. Five Star!!
on 7 December 2010
I worked in veterinary practice for 10 years and this is the first pair of nail clippers i have owned that work just like the professional i use to work with. Smooth to operate with a clear cut, my dog (who is very nervous) didnt even wake whilst i was doing hers, also did my neighbours dog who is also nervy and he didnt mind one bit (is it me or the clippers, i dont know) but well worth the purchase
on 15 December 2010
As mentioned by other reviewers, this product is excellent. Very easy to use, silent and, for the price, it's a very good value for money. Would recommend it.
on 14 July 2011
I was very pleased with the product.

My dog is a German Shepherd cross Grey Hound, the clippers were easy to use and gave a good result.

Spending my whole career as a podiatrist and being used to spending up to £50 for nail clippers, I was slightly sceptical about how good the claw clippers would be at the very cheap price of less than £3. They are well made, sturdy and I would hope they would last for a long time.

I was not disappointed and have recommended the product to my dog owner friends.
on 14 December 2010
I BROUGHT THESE CLIPPERS AS I HAVE A TOY MINITURE YORKSHIRE TERRIER WHOSE NAILS GROW REALLY LONG.IVE ALWAYS BEEN A LITTLE NERVOUS WHEN HAVING TO CLIP HER NAILS,BUT THESE CLIPPERS ARE ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT.THEY CUT IN ONE SHARP MOVEMENT WHICH IS DUE TO THE STYLE OF THE CLIPPER GUILLOTINE.I WOULD RECOMMEND THESE CLIPPERS TO ANYONE.A REALLY GREAT BUY.
on 8 January 2010
wish I had found these years ago, no more worries about clipping claws, sharp and easy to use.