on 25 October 2008
This product is of absolute necessity if you're weaning with home-cooked fruits and vegetables. Easy to use, with ml markings on each.
You can defrost the food in the cubes in the microwave so you don't have to freeze your fingers while trying to get the food out while the baby cries.
I would suggest to skip the "Stage 1" cubes, because they're very small, I could only use them for the very first 2weeks of weaning.
0Comment|136 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 January 2009
These are an absolute must for anyone weaning their baby.

I used these cubes for stage 1 as well as stage 2. The cubes have measurements on the side making them simple to use for both stages.

You can freeze your homemade food in them and can store them in the freezer. They even come with a handy tray to keep them all together.

The cubes can also be put straight from freezer to microwave and are completely safe. The food defrosts within seconds and no harm comes to cube or baby. The handy flip down lid keeps the food securely in the cube.

They're also dishwasher safe although I wouldn't recommend them in the dishwasher. When I washed mine in there for the first time, they were thrown around by the jets of water.
on 1 June 2009
I was a bit put off buying these when I read some of the reviews, so I only bought one set. However, I've had no problems whatsoever with them - they're brilliant! The ml markings are very helpful; the lids close securely; and six weeks into weaning, all eight cubes are in full working order. And they've been used a lot, given Annabel Karmel's regime - my baby is better nourished than I am!

All I've done is followed the instructions on the pack, i.e. run warm (not super-hot) water over them before attempting to remove the cube and don't use a knife to "help" it along. I did initially struggle to fit the cubes into the tray snugly enough to stay put during a dishwasher cycle. However, by pressing each one down with my thumb, I've had no problems.

All in all, I'm really impressed with this product.
on 27 February 2010
I've got a 6 year old and for him as a baby I messed around with ice cube trays for freezing pureed food. These pots are SO much easier, and a much better size. You can mush up whatever you're doing, put it into these pots, freeze them, microwave them and then feed baby straight out of the pots - you can even put them in your bag to take with you. They are so useful. The size is great for the start of weaning (I didn't bother with the smaller size) and now my son is bigger I still use them to freeze his fruit puree for dessert. Only downfall is if you drop the pots when you take them out of the freezer, or if they fall out of the freezer because you've over filled it (yes, happened to me on a couple of occasions) the pots crack easily and are therefore not useable. As long as you look after these they will last for ages, but if you are a bit clumsy, you'll need to buy some extras as you go along. I have, so I guess that just shows you how useful they are!
on 23 January 2009
I bought these and the stage 1 cubes and found they are both fantastic and essencial to weaning. (read my review on the stage 1 cubes).
I wish I could fit more in the freezer as they are brilliant for all of my daughters foods. They have measurements on the side so you can put how much you like in them.
I don't put them in the dishwasher as once I've used them I wash them by hand after I've finished washing her bottles, so can't comment on that aspect. I would say that they are brilliant and I would recommend them to anyone. Will definitely be using them for my 2nd if I have one.
on 19 November 2010
I bought this set, used for a few days, then bought the Avent VIA set (which is around 11 pounds). So I can compare the two sets:
Happy Mummy: 8 containers, flimsy, cheap looking, 70ml container, got stained after I put carrot and pumpkin puree in there. Bottom line: not worth buying
Avent: more expensive, 20 containers, 2 different and bigger sizes, much higher quality plastic, has measuring on the container, comes with a recipe booklet and 2 great spoons. Bottom line: value for money.

I wish I had bought the Avent set first, then I don't have to bother buying the Happy Mummy set.
on 15 December 2009
Fragile pots that break very easilly, although on paper a very good idea with their tray.
Even more fragile when frozen.
4 or 5 of them have got bit broken off the seals / lids now (and we have only had them for a few weeks.
Also - very overpriced. We have since found an alternative which is much better and cheaper, as well as being more robust, and acting as a sipping cup.
Avoid.
on 6 January 2011
These cubes are absolutely fantastic. If you're making your own baby food at home then these really are something you can't do without. The lids clip on well and don't seem to leave anything in like water for example when you're defrosting them under the tap and the plastic is tough.

I started weaning my boy just over a week ago and what I do at the moment while he's not eating much is put 5 teaspoons into each pot, put it in the freezer then the next day I put them under the hot water tap for about 10 seconds then pop them out and into a freezer bag. This way you can keep using them over and over instead of using them to store the food until you use it, that way they won't last long really.

I think they'll probably hold about 10-12 teaspoons if that's how you're weaning. They do have ml and oz markers on them but I don't go by them. Once he's eating more I'll probably put about 10 teaspoons into each pot and even when he's eating a lot more than 10 teaspoons a time you can just put together two or three cubes! So basically they can last ages, if you want them to.

All in all, as the title says, you can't live without them if you're home cooking your baby's food which lets be honest, is loads better than jars as you know exactly what's in the food.
on 17 March 2011
Very practical containers. It's not practical to blend fresh food for your baby for his/her every feed. I usually blend some and freeze it. In these containers you can freeze as much as you like since it has markings on the side telling you the volume (in mL). So you can freeze the food and heat it up (even using microwave) later in the week. Found it very practical, does not take a lot of space in my freeze. I should point out that the containers do not stand alone if they are empty; you have to use the supplied tray. However that is not so important since you will only use them when they have food inside and you will be holding it anyways when you feed your baby.
on 22 January 2009
Unfortunately my experience of these baby cubes has not been very positive. For me one of the key reasons for buying these was that they supposedly clip into the base tray so you can keep them all together and facing down on the top shelf of the dishwasher. But with the poor molding the cubes do not clip firmly into the tray and however hard you try to pop them in they just pop right out again. The cubes are made from very weak and brittle plastic. We have filled them all up and put them in the freezer but the first one to be defrosted and used has already broken. So that's in the bin already after a single use.

I expect these are made in China and that each set costs less than 50p to produce. So really they shouldn't have a retail price of more than about 2 pounds. But it's a baby product so that's license to rip us off I suppose. And muggins here bought 2 sets!
1111 comments|51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse