TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 31 December 2011
This has to be one of those items that you never thought you really needed, that is until you have tried it!

I was getting a little fed up of boiling an egg and the thing usually cracking slightly (to be left with stringy egg stuff) floating around in the pan.

Saw this on the web (never seen one in a shop before, or if I had not really thought what it was for, and ordered it.

Easy to use, just pop egg onto the top of it and it will be pierced, so as to stop that annoying floating stuff in your pan.

Silly really but one of those things that you thought you could live without but find hard to without.

The quality is great and not too big for fitting in your kitchen drawer.

Easy to clean in stainless steel and if as long lasting as some of my other KitchenCraft items I will be more than pleased.
on 19 January 2013
here in France it's not possible to find such useful item when you 're used to 've a boiled egg at breakfeast 'ery day; i find this one most useful 'n i'm fully satisfied
on 22 October 2012
I like my large free-range eggs boiled for exactly 3 1/2 minutes - and I don't like to see them crack open and trail strings of soggy egg white in the water! A little pinhole in the blunt end ensures success - and this little device makes the job easy. Prick your eggs and say goodbye to breakfast blues.
on 9 December 2012
I like this egg pricker because it is not flimsey and it can be locked so no one gets hurt when routing around in the drawer for utensils.
on 30 August 2013
What a pain it is when eggs crack whilst boiling and you see albumen floating in the water. This cheap little gadget has put a stop to that. Ingenious.
on 18 July 2013
Bought this to replace one I had had for a long time. Does exactly what it says. Stops eggs leaking into the water when boiling them.
on 19 July 2013
Easy to use and fit for purpose.Simple design that works effectively. I was happy with my purchase. It was a good deal.
on 12 November 2011
Just right for stopping boiled eggs from cracking in saucepan. So far so good. strongly made and seems built to last,
better than the plastic ones available.
on 7 February 2015
I bought this as a gift and it was exactly as described, arrived when they said it would and in perfect condition. I already have one of these and they work well and do the job intended. I love the stainless steel too.
on 25 April 2014
It does what it is meant to do and does it well. I found there is a temptation to push the egg down too hard, with disastrous results, but when you get used to it it's simple.