4.0 out of 5 stars cake wire
really good little kitchen tool, cut the cakes as you would expect so one could have many thin layers ,
Published on 15 Jan 2010 by Ruth

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of time
Published on 25 May 2012 by E. Mears

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of time, 25 May 2012
E. Mears - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sweetly Does It Cake Cutting Wire (Kitchen & Home)
This is the second cutting wire I've purchased. The first one was not level. You could see that the first cuts in the metal frame were not even on both sides one was much higher than the other above the rubber feet. When I turned the slice around you could see it was thicker at one side. I kept it because I did find it easy to slice but I strightened it by by hand. I did however for the price think I would give it another go incase I was unlucky. The second one has no tension. I should have sent it back but by the time I had packed it up paid postage and wasted more time going to post office I could'nt be bothered, plus I was a few weeks before I tried it. My advice would be don't bother. If you want to level a cake buy a cake board that fits in your tin. Place your cake on the board and put it back in the tin, the board will raise it above the sides of the tin so you can slice your cake level across the top of the tin.

2.0 out of 5 stars Where is the advertised serrated blade?, 26 July 2011
This review is from: Sweetly Does It Cake Cutting Wire (Kitchen & Home)
Expected a serrated blade as that is what the information on the packaging and advertising says, yet its just a wire, no serrations. I do think Amazon should contact the seller to take them to task for using false advertising.

It's a great size,works ok, but would be far far better with a serrated blade as only any good for soft sponges!

Kitchen Craft Cake Cutting Wire

1.0 out of 5 stars Kitchen Craft cake cutting( wire )or is it CHEAP PLASTIC GUT?, 8 Nov 2011
This review is from: Sweetly Does It Cake Cutting Wire (Kitchen & Home)
Hi i am so disapointed with the cake wire cutter i made a sponge cake and wanted to cut into 3.I used the cutter per instructions it was a NON STARTER.1 to adjust the ht. i found the device flimsy i think it will snap if it was adjusted on a regular basis.2 when trying to cut the sponge the cutter would hardly make a impression yet alone cut through the sponge.I belive it would be a great product if the manufacturer would put decent sharp wire and stonger wire supports in.As it is i wasted money and re think anew idea of a cake .Thankyou IJH.

1.0 out of 5 stars Use a knife, 21 Aug 2012
K. Johnson (england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sweetly Does It Cake Cutting Wire (Kitchen & Home)
Sadly this cake cutter does not work at all. We tried to remedy the problem and moved the slack wire up the handle and bent the two sides outwards, when the wire was moved back into position it was tighter, however when trying to cut a cake it does not have the force to cut through. It would have been better to have had the strength of a cheese wire. As it is I'm afraid I wouldn't recommend this product at all and will probably bin mine.

4.0 out of 5 stars cake wire, 15 Jan 2010
Ruth "Ruth" (Cornwall England) - See all my reviews

1.0 out of 5 stars Different from what I've expected, 24 Oct 2011
This review is from: Sweetly Does It Cake Cutting Wire (Kitchen & Home)
Unless I'm facing translation issues, in spite of in description of this product has something like "Strong carbon steel serrated blade for a clean cut", the blade is not serrated. As I bought this just because this feature, I'm a little bit upset.

1.0 out of 5 stars Beyond useless, 30 May 2012
This review is from: Sweetly Does It Cake Cutting Wire (Kitchen & Home)
Impossible to adjust the height of the wire and if you could it was incapable of cutting through anything. AVOID this gadget

3.0 out of 5 stars Glad I bought it but......., 17 Oct 2011
This review is from: Sweetly Does It Cake Cutting Wire (Kitchen & Home)
I bought the item because I had a three tier sponge wedding cake to make and wanted to ensure I had a level cut through the middle of each tier. I found that the wire worked fine after some initial resistance at the edge, but I'm not sure it would be strong enough to cut through a fruit cake and would benefit greatly from having a serrated edge. I deliberately bought the larger width because of the large cake I was making, but although the item was more than wide enough I was disappointed to find that the wire did not go high enough to be able to cut throught the middle of the largest tier. I had to do some fancy balancing on upturned baking tins to get to the correct height!
Overall though, I'm glad I bought it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does The Job !, 6 Feb 2011
susan steele (Glasgow, Scotland, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sweetly Does It Cake Cutting Wire (Kitchen & Home)
Bought this item because I am not very good at cutting straight. I used it on a sponge cake and it was great. I then used it on a carrot cake and it did need a little extra pressure on it due to the walnuts but it worked well on that too. It still cut it straight. So,I am very happy with this product.

The only reason that I didn't give it 5 * was that I found moving the wire up and down just a little fiddly.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very useful..., 26 Aug 2011
This review is from: Sweetly Does It Cake Cutting Wire (Kitchen & Home)
This is a good product over all - it does what it's supposed to do (remember to let your cake cool down completely before attempting to cut it!). The only real complaint I have is that the wire could do with a higher level than it has. The picture makes the item look a lot taller than it actually is! Still, good value for money.

Sweetly Does It Cake Cutting Wire