Package Quantity: 1|Change

on 3 February 2012
This tin is extremely good quality, solid, heavy and deep enough to make a decent flan or tart. Better than all my other tins I have. Would highly recommend.
on 24 February 2012
I am very pleased with this product. It is excellent quality for the price and just the right size for flans sweet or savoury. It is a really good weighty tin and nothing sticks. I would purchase other items from this range
on 8 May 2011
I've been looking for a good quality non-stick flan tin for some time and this fits the bill perfectly. It feels really solid and the non-stick surface is excellent: everything I've cooked in it so far has lifted out perfectly.
on 10 October 2012
Loved this flan tin, wanted it for making key lime pie and banoffee pie, I'd say its thicker and heavier and better quality than what you'd buy in most supermarkets
on 6 July 2011
These are good solid flan tins with adequate depth for all the recipes I have done and used them for so far.
My baking tin cupboard is infamous, as it randomly disgorges itself all over the kitchen floor with horribly noisy, thunderously clashing, clattering cymbal like sound effects. The contents of this cupboard have built up over forty years; miscellaneous tins, many of them dreadfully rusty and bent, they should be consigned to the dump. Historically it demonstrates every one of my past baking enthusiasms, deep in its layers are shelved such treasures as crumpet rings to sandcastle shape tower blocks, yes, I have the lot. And now they are all quaking in their teetering piles because the Queens of tin have arrived.

Just holding these Master Class Flan Tins is a reassuring experience. They are heavy. Surprisingly so. They are not 'tins' although they are a 'Tin' or for the USA 'Pan'. They are, perfectly spirit level even and flat. They are properly shaped. Beautifully made and I am sure will never bend or rust. I feel I have moved up a level. Immediately inspired I made a savoury flan (you may not believe it but real men do each 'quiche'), in fact I made two as I had ordered two of these beauties. The shortcrust pastry was lifted over their buttered edges with ease and I set to pressing the pastry into the folds of the fluted edges with a small knob of discarded pastry a la Mary Berry. Neat and tidy, filled with Baking Parchment and Kitchen Craft Ceramic Baking Beans 500g Tub I set them in the oven to 'blind' bake. After ten minutes I removed the beans and the paper, left them back in to brown and crisp. Which they did to perfection. A1 temperature distribution all around. I am good at pastry! Hurray!

As well as quiches etc they are also excellent for making shortbread - 200g of plain flour (I use OO grade), 200g soft butter, 50g castor sugar plus some more for dusting - Gas Mark 4, butter the tin along and inside all the fluted edges and base - combine the ingredients in a food processor or mixer, press down into the tin with the back of a spoon, bake half an hour until golden then prick all over with a fork and sprinkle the sugar. Slice evenly , leave in the tin to cool. Quite mouth wateringly wonderful!

Success. and now my clicking fingers are creeping around amazon looking at other Master Class products. Oh dear it might be the time for a clear out of old friends. The cupboard may become a quieter place. These tins will definitely sit quietly waiting, they will never rumble around and slide out, they will behave perfectly, I just know it.....
66 comments|21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 May 2013
I used this tin to make my favorite tarts and it worked fine.
I recommend it for anyone who wants to make pies or tarts
and unmold them. I would prefer a perpendicular side instead of the slanted one,
but I understand there are different styles to suit different clients.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 8 September 2015
 This is as good quality as I'd expect from a four-times more expensive name-brand product. And, indeed, often name-brand products are the same as the more anonymous ones, only with different packaging.

The pan feels solid, the loose base fits snugly and is all even, and the non-stick coating feels exactly like any other similar non-stick coating I've had my hands on.

In short, I am looking forward to lemon tart this weekend, now that we have a pan to bake it in.

My wife found a recipe for a 28cm tin, but that would be too much. After a short calculation, I figured that 20cm is almost exactly half the volume of a 28cm one, and so we decided on this size.
on 14 August 2010
The descrition doesnt do it justice. Amazing weight but still easy to use. A real quality product that despite my best efforts to the contrary, makes a really good flan/quiche. Am hoping to collect more in this range.
on 9 October 2014
After making a quiche in a ceramic flan dish and finding it a real pain to get neat slices out I decided I needed a loose bottomed tin. I searched around and had this in my basket and luckily the price dropped to £5.25 so I bought based on the reviews.

It arrived and you can immediately tell it is a high quality item due to the weight and casting. Please see my pictures to get some idea of depth - I have placed a £2 coin on it's side and taken pics of the packaging.

It has a 20 year guarantee and a 5 year guarantee on the non stick coating. In my opinion this is the perfect size for a substantial family quiche. I will be making one once I have got some more cream so will update the pics then.

Recommended.