5.0 out of 5 stars excellent
I bought this after my "old" (ie: about 3 years) garlic press broke. It's rather more expensive than any of the other garlic presses I have bought, but I am so glad I splashed the extra cash.
Published on 23 Jun 2010 by Saffron

1.0 out of 5 stars handle broke off!!
Only used for 8 months and the handle broke off. Not the best garlic crusher i've used either as you end up throwing half the garlic away beacause it doesn't crush it.
Published on 14 April 2012 by Ms. J. E. Scott

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 23 Jun 2010
Saffron "Saf" (Buckinghamshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kitchen Craft Master Class Cast Heavy Duty Garlic Press (Kitchen & Home)
First and foremost, it's heavy, which gives the impression of quality. The handles are smooth and ergonomically designed to fit snugly in your hand. The "bowl" is large, meaning you can fit two large cloves of garlic in at a time, and it presses literally every last scrap of garlic through. Finally it is SO easy to clean - just fold it back and the little pimples push out any leftovers, which you can then add to whatever it is you are cooking. Then simply rinse and dry. Done!
I can see that this little baby will last me a long time. Definitely worth investing in one.

5.0 out of 5 stars absolutely best product!!!!, 8 Oct 2010
Zuzana Triznova (London, UK) - See all my reviews
I've never seen such efficient and easy to use+clean garlic press. It is a bit expensive but WORTH every penny, seriously. In the past, I've always bought cheaper garlic presses, replacing them regularly (in the end paying more than for this one). Finally I decided to get this garlic press as I really liked that this product had self cleaning head. After quick delivery, when I opened the box, I was really impressed by the design of this product! it looks great. But the best thing is, it works perfectly!!! You would never believe how much garlic you can press out of one clove! self cleaning head works perfectly, too. In few words, it is the product of great design that works perfectly! HIGHLY RECCOMENDED

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant., 23 April 2010
This is a robust and easy to clean press - I use it for ginger and it works simply and efficiently.

1.0 out of 5 stars handle broke off!!, 14 April 2012

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality - didn't last!, 30 April 2012
Although this item feels heavy duty, unfortunately the performance doesn't match. I have only used this lightly because I found it very fiddly, and had to have several attempts at crushing each clove. Even after several attempts I often had to scrape the garlic out and crush it manually. To add insult to injury, several months after such light use, the handle snapped off. Heavy duty?? I don't think so!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Found one at last!, 20 Mar 2010
SBB "SBB" (Doncaster, England) - See all my reviews
At last I've found the ultimate garlic press. No more fiddling about with detachable cages and trying to get them clean - this is the Rolls Royce of the press world. It's heavy and chunky to feel and looks and feels good quality. You simply put a clove in the hollow and squueze the handles together. When you think you've squeezed it squeeze again and more will appear! Then turn the thing back to front and clever little rubber prongs puss out the garlic that's left in the hollow for easy washing. Yes, it's expensive, but worth every penny!

1.0 out of 5 stars Please AVOID this product!, 23 Nov 2012
I was looking at several garlic press before deciding on this one. As most of you, I check the reviews of the items I'm thinking of buying to make an inform decision. Obviously people are different so I tend to look at a range of positive and negative feedback. When looking through these reviews I noticed that the item had 50+ 5stars reviews and only 7 1star. Even though some customers' garlic press broke I took the chance to buy this HEAVY DUTY DELUXE garlic press as most of the reviews were positive.

The item got here a stated by the seller and it was doing a good job. There is a slight discrepancy between the picture and the actual item but the feature are similar. At first, I was happy with the garlic press. It was doing its job, some times I had to press the same clove several times to get the most out of it but it wasn't out of the ordinary.

After a month of regular use - I used it once per day in average - the mesh from where the garlic is pushed through came apart and quite obviously rendered the press useless!

I emailed the seller and their response was 'im sorry you say that we only accept the return with in 14days of your order.and you have your item more a month so we are sorry we can not realy do any thing.' I then contacted amazon and they just replied to my claim: 'We determined that you are not eligible for an A-to-z Guarantee claim as you did receive the item you ordered and you did not contact the seller to make return arrangements for the merchandise within 14 days of receipt.'

About a week ago I WAS happy with the garlic press but it is the description of 'DELUXE HEAVY DUTY' that i think is an exaggeration of the item. Surely, a heavy duty garlic press that costs 10 should last for more than a month and even more we, as customers, should have the right to have a refund (or even a replacement) if such a product breaks. I personally think that the seller knows that the garlic press won't break in the first 14 days so they hide behind this time-limit to offer a below-standard product.

You might be one of the lucky/happy customers and your garlic press won't break but if I had the choice I wouldn't risk it with this product and go with another one either slightly cheaper or more expensive...I hope this helps future cooks looking for a good and reliable garlic press.

5.0 out of 5 stars Garlic press, 10 April 2010
D. Mccrimmon "Don McC" (St Albans, England, UK.) - See all my reviews
Very pleased with this Garlic press, have now got several of these presses, various types and manufacturers. This one isn't a great deal different from my previous one but is more robust and I am able to crush more garlic owing to its design as above. thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the BEST garlic press money can buy!, 20 May 2010
Mrs. E. Axup (Yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews
Ok.. so this garlic press is pretty expensive - but it is truly worth every penny. I am always amazed at how much garlic I can get from just one clove with this press. Previous garlic presses have pretty much just squashed the garlic into a mush that is a pain to clean - this press, however, provides you with ample amounts of garlic and even has a brilliant 'nodule' section that you can push back through the holes which makes cleaning super-easy! It is quite heavy - but I feel that this just makes you feel like you're using a quality piece of equipment - so I actually like the weight of it!
If you cook with garlic you won't be disappointed with this garlic press!

5.0 out of 5 stars A little expensive but worth it, 24 Oct 2010
After having so many cheap crushers in the past, we took the plunge and paid out for this one. It is well worth it, it's solid, sturdy and does the job well.