5.0 out of 5 stars Kitchencraft 4 egg poacher
I bought this egg poaching pan for use with an Induction Hob.
Using it on Induction I can guarruntee that the handle does not get hot.
Published on 23 May 2010 by Mr. Ramon A. Deus

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality material
We bought this less than a month ago and were very thrilled with the product (very effective egg poacher and easy to use), until a few days ago when we noticed that the inside edges of the egg poacher was getting rusty.
Published on 26 Jun. 2010 by SVS

5.0 out of 5 stars Kitchencraft 4 egg poacher, 23 May 2010
This review is from: Kitchen Craft Aluminium Coated Carbon Steel Four Hole Egg Poacher (Kitchen & Home)
I bought this egg poaching pan for use with an Induction Hob.
Using it on Induction I can guarruntee that the handle does not get hot.
Nor does the handle on the glass lid. Be careful when removing lid that your arm or hand does not get in the path of the steam jet and that you remove the lid by angling it so that the steam in the pan escapes away from your face. Steam is hot. The poaching cups have small knobs for lifting cup. Be careful when washing and drying, not to bend these as they will interfere with the integrity of the poaching cup if they are bent when placed in the pan. (I have bent them accidentaly and straigtened them with out apparent weakening of them).
I have found that greasing the cups with buter or spread is better than oil. Lightly grease them and break egg in to them. Bring water to simmering point and with the cups in the retaining tray lower on to the pan and cover with lid. (Position lifting buttons away from steam vents but be careful when removing as they can get hot) Five minutes simmering for a large egg produced a really good poached egg properly cooked with a soft yoke. Excellent value for money

5.0 out of 5 stars fab product, 11 May 2013
After going through 2 other cheaper plastic cup poachers which didnt last 5 mins as the cups always melted. I bought this one which is ideal and poaches the eggs very quickly, was suprised to find out. At the end of the day you get what you pay for and this is worth every penny.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kitchen Craft Four Hole Egg Poacher, 24 Nov. 2013
A. Bennett (yorkshire) - See all my reviews
This is a brilliant non stick METAL egg poacher.( I have melted my way through 2 plastic/nylon poaching pans this year already) The eggs just slide out and the little knobs make handling and serving easy.

5.0 out of 5 stars best egg poacher I have had, 14 Feb. 2010
Mrs. S. Cooper (La Union, SPAIN.) - See all my reviews
Kitchen Craft 4 Cup Egg Poacher Set

I have recently purchased this product, and find it absolutely superb.

To make perfect poached eggs every time, I put 2 pints of water in the pan, bring it to the boil, lightly grease egg cups with butter, (I have found from experience that butter is much more reliable than oil) weigh your eggs, this is important, and use four roughly the same weight, as a 65gm egg will cook well, but if you have a 70gm egg with you may find this underdone. I have a gas hob, so cook the eggs on the smallest ring at maximum for 5 1/2 minutes, then turn out onto toast or smoked haddock, for a perfect breakfast.

Every hob is different, so you may have to adjust power or cooking times on your appliance, but these guidelines give me perfecly poached eggs every time.

Susan M Cooper.
La Union Spain.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little gadget!, 18 April 2013
Easy to use and clean.
I have a bed and breakfast, and it is a great item for this.
Perfect eggs every time.

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY THIS, 19 Mar. 2014
The pan and lid are pretty good, but the poaching parts are really cheap, poorly made and flimsy. The cups for the eggs are made from very thin metal and for them to fit into the support tray, the handles had to be bent over quite considerably. The tray, which has been stamped out of a sheet of metal, has not had any of the burrs removed and I cut my fingers three times whilst washing it. Luckily the innards from our old aluminium poacher, bought for £5 from a high street outlet, fit so I will be using those instead.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality material, 26 Jun. 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Egg Poacher! Loving It!, 4 Oct. 2014
Christian Edwards (UK) - See all my reviews
Very happy with this egg poacher. The little handles on each cup are a little flimsy but everything else seems good and solid and I think it should last a long time with good care. I like the fact that it has metal egg cups not plastic. I've read how some people have accidentally melted them and also I don't like the idea of cooking my eggs in plastic. Put a little oil or butter in the cups first and the eggs will slide out easily. Really easy to clean.

1.0 out of 5 stars INCORRECTLY ADVERTISED. DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT., 30 Dec. 2012
Kathryn Smith (Plymouth, Devon) - See all my reviews
I bought this product about two weeks ago. I have to say, despite my disappointment with the product, it does make delicious poached eggs although even after greasing, the eggs stick every time to the "non-stick" cups. The lid, inside tray and cups are good quality and are dishwasher safe. Unfortunately, the frying pan has already started to rust. The pan is of very poor quality and is NOT dishwasher safe. After numerous hand washes, there is still a black "residue" for want of a better word, on the outside of the pan, that transfers on to the teatowel. I find it's better to dry the outside of the pan with a piece of kitchen towel, which can be thrown away. No matter how much I wipe the outside, there is always more residue. Seriously - it's never-ending and will turn your dish cloth black. Also, the description of this product states that the handles of the cups stay cold for lifting out of the pan. They do not. They become much too hot to hold.

3.0 out of 5 stars Egg Poacher, 9 Mar. 2014
Reasonably priced - I have an induction hob and have restricted choice; The heat is not distributed evenly through the hob but it still works quite well.