4.0 out of 5 stars Great bag but not "All Weather"
I used to own the Slingshot 200 and loved it, but as you put more gear, the bag becomes heavy and the weight rests on one shoulder only. That's why I searched for another bag which led me to buy the Fastpack 250. I should say the camera compartment is not as spacious as the Slingshot 200 but the Fastpack has more room for bits and bobs at the top compartment...
Published on 17 Jan 2009 by GabeLogan

2.0 out of 5 stars My fault for not checking before purchase.
Awkward to get into the main compartments: zips neither quiet nor smooth running. By far my biggest complaint is the layout inside the main (bottom) compartment for cameras and lenses. It is almost totally inflexible - a tiny amount of movement available for the individual sections. In fact I can't really think just what you can usefully store in some of them. I will be...
Published on 10 Oct 2009 by Tony Kaye

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Great bag but not "All Weather", 17 Jan 2009
GabeLogan (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lowepro Fastpack 250 Backpack for SLR Kit, 15.4" Notebook and General Gear - Arctic Blue (Electronics)

In the camera compartment, I can fit my 40D with Tamron 17-50 with hood attached, an EF50 f1.4 USM lens, EF28 f1.8 USM lens, a 580 EX II and room for another flash, and there are 2 memory card slots.
The top compartment is big and has several pockets for extra bits too.

The laptop compartment is very handy for putting your documents and such when you travel which is my intention.

I rate this bag 4 stars as its missing one very important thing for me which is the ALL WEATHER cover.

4.0 out of 5 stars Possibly the best rucksack out there at this moment, 8 Mar 2008
After having bought the Canon 200DG Digital Camera Gadget Bag, I quickly found that it was not sufficient and that a camera and computer bag would better suit my needs. My search led me to the LowePro Fastpack 250. Second time around, I put a bit more thought into what I needed. My criteria were:

- Rucksack form factor for comfort and durability
- Easy laptop access (for airports)
- Must provide good level of cushioning/protection
- Should be spacious in both camera and computer compartments
- Easy on the eye design

This time I was not disappointed. My 15.4" MacBookPro fits snugly into the laptop compartment and its a breeze to take out and put back at airport security scanners. When loaded, the camera section at the bottom ensures the bag is not 'top heavy' so it stands upright unaided. Inside the camera section I can easily fit my Canon EOS 400D with 28-135mm lens attached, spare lenses, flash, batteries, filters etc, and the customisable velcro compartments further ensure you can fit the compartment to your gear so it does not shake around. There is also a mesh pocket where you can put your manuals. The upper pocket whilst not huge, is spacious enough to carry your power supplies, chargers and even a sandwich and a few other bits pieces. The straps all provide a good degree of customisation, and a lumbar support strap and mobile phone pouch are also a nice touch, as is the mesh pouch for a water bottle.

The only thing I would like LowePro to change is the fast access zip. It is an excellent feature, but only for people who prefer to carry their rucksack on their left shoulder. As someone who carries a rucksack on their right, I am unable to benefit from this feature. I don't see why the ends of the zip could not be in the top or bottom middle so then the owner could customise the velcro sections accordingly and have fast access zips on the side of their preference, as the safety flap will still ensure nothing falls out. If it has this feature, I would have given this bag all 5 stars.

Overall though I am very happy with my purchase. It is a little more expensive than other bags out there, but then you get what you pay for. And I can see from the manufacturing quality it has many more miles to go before it will need to be replaced.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect travel companion, 12 April 2009
I needed space for a Digital SLR plus a telephoto lens plus all the extras, charger etc. I also needed it be aircraft compliant and have room for book, DS, ipod and the usual snack and bottle of water. This bag achieves it all plus you can carry a notebook computer. Perfect for travelling abroad, for walking or photographic trips. It ticks all the boxes. Comfortable well made and a waist strap. Took a long time to find it but well worth the effort. No waterproof cover but it is showerproof.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Bag, 22 Feb 2009
This is a fantastic bag. I use it everyday to transport DSLR and all my clobber to work. Also takes a laptop. Looks innoculous which is a plus for me as I don't particularly want to draw attention to £2000 worth of camera equipment every time I go out! Very strong and well made, comfortable to wear. Just a great bag.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent camera bag and back pack for other uses, 9 Jun 2011
Bought this as it took my DSLR and two lenses with other bits and bobs, as well as my laptop for transfering the photos from the card whilst away from home. It is well made and has plenty of padding for the delicate lenses. You will need to play around to come up with your best arrangement for camera body and lenses. The upper part allows storage for the general stuff you would take with you on a day out. Does fit on most planes as hand luggage which was why I chose it instead of its larger brother which would probably be a better bet if staying within this country. One drawback is the front fastening which caused minor scratching of my LCD screen so be aware when you are fitting it to check where your camera will sit when slung round your neck. [ASIN:B000YIYQ30 Lowepro Fastpack 250 Backpack For SLR Kit, 15.4" Notebook & General Gear - Black]

5.0 out of 5 stars Done 7500 miles with it already, 31 May 2011
Bought a Nikon 7000 and wanted a back pack to carry all my junk as well as camera.
This really does fit the bill. The camera storage at the base is more than big enough for the camera and lenses up to my 18-200 but doubt much bigger. The camera body part is a bit too big for the D7000 with the 18-200 fitted and for rough travel I have had to pad it out with some foam to stop the camera rattling around.
The fast access to camera zips section works well although I find I have to take the back pack off to access. (Dont want to drop the camera).
The lower storage outside of the base storage is only really big enough for a couple of filters and the odd pen etc. Security flap over the camera storage zips is good BUT it then slows the fast access. But would rather have the security especially in busy places. Out in the countryside it can be left with the zip easily accessed though.
Top main storage is big enough for my waterproof over jacket, odds and sods of a personal nature that I carry such as snacks, bino's, etc. Small net storage outside which I use for a water bottle.
Outer top storage again big enough for bits and bobs not necessarily to do with photography.
Build quality is excellent, rugged and zips seem long lived. Heavy showers did not penetrate but have not tried in persistent rain.

So, fits my requirments perfectly for a 'do all' back pack.

Only gripes: could do with straps for a tripod and does cause back to sweat on a hike but have to compromise somewhere.

5.0 out of 5 stars lowepro fastpack 250, 19 May 2011
This is a great product.I purchesed this backpack for my husband who goes to a lot of motorcycle meetings with his camera and on a motorbike.He says the camera compartment is well capable of keeping your camera and lenses secure when he is rideing on the bike,there is plenty of room. he caried camera and two lenses,50mm and telephoto zoom lens,two cans of drink,his packed lunch,water proofs for the bike ride,A4 wallet with photos to be signed,and a fold up plastic stall to stand on and sit. yep the stall and A4 wallet slides in the laptop compartment, and with it all packed up,still had easy accses to the camera. it's good quality,stong straps with a chest strap for when he riding,its comfy to wear and solid,lots of slots and pockets for memory cards and batteries,filters etc.My husband carn't stop raving about it.A GREAT PRODUCT

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for the money!, 7 May 2011
I purchased this backpack for the sole reason because it gives an opportunity to carry all my personal gadgets in one place and is extremely light carry. I was able to try out the backpack few days after receiving it by post and could easily pack in the laptop, my dslr camera, extra lens, plus some personal stuff for the travel and I must say I was very happy with it. Definitely the best backpack for technical stuff I've had so far and fully recommendable.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great bag for the bargain price, 9 Dec 2010
This bag is bigger than I expected, even though I read the other reviews that said the same! Just used it for a 6 week tour in Australia, and found it fitted the remit just perfect. Really well padded on all sides to protect your gear well from bashes. Laptop side pocket was perfect for my iPad, but was easily big enough for a slim 15" laptop too. Took my camera body, 3 lenses, 2 other pocket cameras and a video camera with ease in the main section. The other pcokets all have useful little nooks for cards, lense cleaners, gorilla pods etc, even a water bottle pocket on the outside.
I just wish it had a pull out rain cover, as I'm not so sure how well it would cope with getting caught outing heavy rain, and I think the maker should try to make it just a bit lighter without compromising anything as It gets heavy quickly once you start loading it up.
I thought was really comfortable to wear for a long hike.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bag. Had for years now. Never disappointed., 16 Feb 2014
P. Johnson (Leicester, Leicestershire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Lots of compartments. Very configurable. Still in good condition. I have had it since May 2011. Took me a long time to find exactly what I was looking for but this is it. One problem is you back can get a bit hot wearing this if it is hot weather. It doesn't have back ventilation but I doubt many camera bags would.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›