5.0 out of 5 stars Neat camera bag
Purchased one of these for a forthcoming trip "Downunder" Didn't want to use my Lowepro shoulder bag due to having to manage other luggage. The Fastpack easily accomodates my EOS 5D and 3 lens, one of which is attached to the body, still leaving room for another lens or in my case the battery charger in the camera section.
The top section will take my iPod,...
Published on 27 Oct 2008 by Mr. P. S. Bovis

3.0 out of 5 stars Great bag
But a little tight on 17" laptops it's supposed to be designed for. My advice would be to use this for nothing larger than a 16" laptop if such a thing exisited so the reality is that this is a 15" laptop bag with camera compartment.

Published on 6 Feb 2009 by E. Strickland

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Neat camera bag, 27 Oct 2008
Mr. P. S. Bovis "PeterB" (Milton Keynes UK) - See all my reviews
The top section will take my iPod, headphones and other bits with ease, I may even have some room for the odd tee shirt and I have somewhere to put a bottle of water....great.

Well made product, comfortable to wear and very suitable for my needs, a product that I will get a lot of use from.

Peter

5.0 out of 5 stars professional photographer hand luggage flight rucksack with 17inch laptop space, 17 Mar 2009
This review is from: Lowepro Fastpack 350 Quick Access Backpack for SLR Kit, 17" Notebook and General Gear - Arctic Blue (Electronics)
Brilliant! An absolute Tardis! Takes two SLR bodies (one with lens attached to body) and 2 or more pro lenses, as well as laptop, power cables and weekend change of clothes - so long as the airlines don't think to weigh everything you pack into it! It's easy to access the individual compartments and has a security flap over the front zipped pocket too: just what I needed for international wedding photoshoots! xx Elaine

3.0 out of 5 stars Great bag, 6 Feb 2009

It is however comfortable to wear for long periods even when fully loaded with kit the lens compartments and moveable inserts are all good quaility the top day sack area for cables etc is also good enough pockets to stuff all manner of filters convertors etc. In fact it's only that it's a real strain on the bag to fit a 17" laptop in there which let's it down.

5.0 out of 5 stars Value for money - oh yes, 5 Dec 2008
J. Skett - See all my reviews
This Lowepro backpack was purchased from Amazon for under £45 - it is excellent value, we have been using Lowepro products for many years and this product lives up to the Lowepro reputation. It has so many pockets and access points - not even sure I've found them all yet.
The camera compartment takes my old Canon 1Ds with a 70-200mm lens attached, a couple of extra standard lenses, flash etc. - and everything is easily accessible
My laptop and all the rest of the associated niff-naff and trivia are equally well provided for.
It's comfortable to have on your back, but be aware that the more gear you manage to get inside, obviously the heavier it becomes. If you need something more dedicated to purely photographic equipment (tripod attachments/weatherproof cover/larger lenses) then look at the `trekker' range, but for casual walks or weekends away this backpack is just the business.

5.0 out of 5 stars so worth it, 1 July 2010
First things first, I'm not a professional photographer, so I can only speak for the enthusiastic amateurs out there, who do not have a crazy amount of kit and HUGE lenses.

This is probably my favourite bit of camera accessories I have ever owned! Yes, it's quite bulky, but it's also super practical!

About the camera compartment:
This is really spacious, my little D60 feels positively naked in there! The possibilities to structure the compartment to your own needs are limited, but satisfactory in my opinion. The quick access flap is really useful, although it takes some practise to build up the confidence to take out your camera with only one hand while the rucksack is still on your back. It works though, and you get used to it quickly. There are also neat little pockets for memory cards, batteries, filters, etc., but not excessive.

About the additional storage facilities:
The top half of the rucksack is for misc. use. This compartment is not very big, but it serves. You'll be able to fit your phone, wallet and sandwiches nicely, so unless you go hiking and need a huge amount of provisions, it will do just fine. A number of little inside pockets make it quite well organised, but you will not be able to store anything bulky in here (even a thick jumper can be stretching the limit). However, there's a net pocket on the side of the rucksack which holds drink bottles very nicely (up to 0.75l, I'd say, I wouldn't trust it with anything much bigger than that). The front flap can be used to strap a jacket to the bag.

The laptop compartment is exactly that: a well-padded space where you can store your laptop. I also find it useful for books, maps, travel documents, and all sorts of other large-but-flat items.

The main reason I love this bag to bits though is that it is SUPER COMFORTABLE! I've never been able to carry heavy rucksacks for long, my shoulders started to hurt after an hour or so, and I ended up reducing and reducing the kit I carried around, which isn't really the point if you already own it. This has been a revolution for my photographic experience! Now I can easily fit my camera, three lenses, a drinks bottle and some food in this bag and still comfortably carry it around for a full day, with only minor complaints from my shoulders! It is absolutely amazing - if you are thinking about buying a bag, the extra few quid for the waist and chest straps are SO WORTH IT! I now carry my camera everywhere with me, and loving every second of it.

THE BEST UTILITY BAG I HAVE EVER OWNED! Five stars!

4.0 out of 5 stars Not perfect but getting there., 26 Dec 2009
H. W. Tomlinson "happy_chopper" (Hamilton, New Zealand) - See all my reviews
I've managed for years with the Lowepro Orion Trekker but had realistically out grown it, especially when I upgraded to the EF 100-400 lens. It would only fit in the unprotected top section.

With the Fastpack 350 I can comfortably fit the aforementioned attached to my 20D with my standard zoom, 60mm macro, flash gun and a portable hard drive with room to spare. Add to that the front pouch and the day pack section, which comes complete with cable pouch, and I find I've got more than ample storage for batteries & chargers, filters, spare cards, cleaning gear..... OK you get the idea.

The carrying system is yet another strength of this bag. I've not put it to a long day trek test but around town it's very comfy. The straps are well designed, with the sternum strap much better thought out. The ventilation system not the best but adequate and the hip belt sits comfortably for me. The main strength here is the ability to swing the pack to the front and get to your pride & joy without taking the whole rig off. Not quite as easy as the sling type packs but a good compromise for those who need the full harness for long days out.

Is there a down side? well yes. This pack is definitely a compromise albeit a good one. The main thing that lets it down, however is the lack of a tripod carrier. That could be a problem if you intend to go out for a long trek looking to do some serious photography.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent bag for medium format kit + Macbook, 11 Jun 2010
Stephen (Woking, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I've already taken this bag on location to Monaco and Dubai stuffed with medium format camera, back, various lenses, chargers, cables and battery packs PLUS a 17 inch MacBook Pro and it has been excellent. It fits neatly as hand luggage and is actually made robustly enough to hold the weight it's big capacity allows (I have had many previous bags that have given up simply because straps break or become detached).
Top marks from me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fastpack 350, 16 Oct 2010
This camera bag is built to Lowepro's usual high standard. There is sufficient space for my camera with 70-200 f 2.8 lens attached, my 300 mm F4, 50-135 f 2.8 and my 18 -50 mm f 2.8 lens. The easy access flap is a good ideal and easy to use. The top compartment has plenty of pockets for all of those accessories plus my 400 mm f 5.6 in it's padded case, there is also enough room for a second camera body in there if you want plus there are a couple of slip lock attachments so you can carry even more. My net book is lost in the laptop compartment as it will accommodate my work 17" laptop if needed.

The bag is light and the straps are really comfortable even on long hikes. One word of caution don't take it through the Amazon rain forests as it isn't waterproof but it seems to cope well with the occasional shower over here and you can always cover it with a bin bag.

Overall I am very pleased with it as it is comfortable and versatile ...................and I am not sure that I want to take my camera out in the rain anyway.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Walking, 14 Mar 2012
ice962 (Carlisle UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this bag as I have a lot of gear to carry. As I do a bit of walking the straps are ideal. I even take this on flights as it is just the right size to pass as hand luggage.

5.0 out of 5 stars 48 hours in Germany, 26 Jun 2014
Just got back from two nights in Germany - the bag took my Nikon, three lenses, tripod, iPad, clothes and wash bag, with space for me to bring back some presents. All tucked away inside a bag that meets the Easy Jet test for cabin baggage. No complaints - and it's comfortable when carrying it on your back, even when packed to bursting. Money well spent.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›