5.0 out of 5 stars A must have for any D/SLR user.
I'm a newbie to DSLR photography, so when I bought my first DSLR camera, I got duped into buying a package with a small Canon 100EG camera bag included in the price. At first this was great. The bag was small, light wight, compact, making it easy to carry around. I soon found that my camera outgrew the bag (pretty much immediately) after buying just a flash gun...
Published on 30 Jun. 2010 by MIB

3.0 out of 5 stars good with a few flaws
This is a very good DSLR + laptop bag. very handy and convenient to use, instead of having to carry two separate bags for your laptop and DSLR. It feels and looks extremely sturdy and well made. The straps are padded, and almost every inch of this bag is Padded, and you can feel that immediately as it is not a light bag at all. The main DSLR compartment is located in the...
Published on 5 April 2009 by Sam

‹ Previous | 1 2 336 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Lowepro Fastpack 250, 18 Nov. 2010
A Kid's Review
Having trawled the reviews and specs of bags, I decided on the Lowepro Fastpack 250. I required a bag that was big enough to store all my critical kit that I didn't want to loose whilst flying, and also small enough to be able to carry onto aircraft as handluggage. This bag ticked all the boxes, and more.

I've just done a trip to China and had to take quite a bit of kit. The Lowepro Fastpack 250 allowed me to pack the following kit; Nikon d700 body, 20mm prime, 35-75mm and 80-200mm, in addition to a 15" Mac Powerbook, 2 offcam speedlites, offcam transmitters, lens hoods, 2 spare cam batteries, a small compact digital camera, sunglasses box, reading glasses box, spare memory cards, all leads, cables and chargers. I also managed to fit into the laptop section; 2 guidebooks and a magazine, passport and tickets. I also packed a change of underwear, spare business shirt and teeshirt and basic toiletries for inflight. So it pretty much ticks every box for me.

The bag is fine in terms of carry on luggage for International flights. I used it on a European City hopper flight from Zurich to London but found it wouldn't fit in the overhead locker, so I put it below the seat in front me at my feet, which was had room leftover, so I guess it would be fine flying in the States too.

Functionality, design, layout and ease of use- full marks. Its lightweight when empty and fits the back very well. Comfort when wearing it is great, although I was only walking through airports with it fully loaded and wasn't treking up mountains. The price on Amazon was the best I could find with the best delivery time.

Once on the ground in China, I offloaded a lot of kit and only carried the basics around when out and about doing the tourist stuff, although in my personal opinion it is maybe a little too big for everyday use. If I'm out and about on foot and am only using a wide prime, I'd use a smaller shoulder pack, however, if I needed to take 2 or 3 lenses, I'd reach for the Fastpack 250.

Should you buy one, absolutely yes. I can't fault the bag at all, and it does exactly what I required.

Lowepro Fastpack 250 Backpack For SLR Kit, 15.4" Notebook & General Gear - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommend this bag. Good for Pro's and amateurs alike., 2 Jan. 2011
I bought this bag, a little concerned at first after reading the reviews about not being able to fit a 17" MacBook in but found it fitted perfectly even with the protective casing on (Speck SeeThru Satin Hard Shell Case). I have to assure others that it fits well and isn't too tight either.
I managed to fit all my gear in there after a bit of fiddling around. Obviously you have to take the covers off your flashes and leave your longest lens on to make it work.

This is what I fit in my bag with no problems:

1 x Nikon D3 (could fit in second body if needed in top compartment).
2 x Nikon Speedlights
1 x 70-200mm lens
1 x 28-70mm lens
1 x Sigma 15-30mm
1 x Voigtlander 60mm lens
1 x Panasonic GF1 with 20mm lens attached.
1 x Thinktank lens carry bag with Nikon Speedlights inside fitted in the top compartment.
1 x Visible Dust sensor brush in protective casing.
2 x Filters in cases
1 x MacBook Pro 17" with casing.

I also fit a protein shaker bottle on the side for long shoots!

I can't understand other comments about this bag being too big. This must be people that haven't had a pro camera bag as all my other bags are much bigger and heavier.
This bag is a dream to carry about to shoots across London etc. as my other LowePro rolling road bags were too heavy to lug up underground steps after a while. Once you've done the front straps up you can hardly feel the bag on you as the weight is evenly distributed and does'nt put any uneven pressure on your spine or shoulders like other bags. Very nicely designed for long day hauls or trecks.

I've always purchased LowePro after getting rid of my Billingham bags back in the late 90's and have always been very happy with them and also the great service that LowePro provides their customers.
If anything has gone wrong with my bags in the past they've been only too happy to fix them or even give brand new replacements-can't beat their customer service as it's second to none.

I highly recommend this bag to pros and amateurs as a top bag that if fitted properly will easily fit your gear in. I could if I wanted fit another Pro body in the top section-might have to take my sensor brush out of it's big case though.
I'm lucky to have an old waterproof LowePro accessory - not sure if they still sell them on the site but it came with one of my old bags. I've also got a mobile phone pouch accessory for the strap to house my phone for when I'm out in the City and can't hear it ring!
For the price you really can't grumble at all about what the bag lacks e.g. above accessories and tripod carrying facility (there is a work around if you YouTube it!).
All my other bags have been around £100 upwards and this is a snip at around £40. Stop winging people and get on with it!!!

Buy this bag if you want a good lightweight high quality bag with a life time warranty-end of.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Travel Companion for short trips, 30 Jan. 2011
Z W. Leong "Zi" (Manchester, UK) - See all my reviews
Purpose of purchase: I bought this bag because my previous (regular) bag offered little to no protection, and my filter got horrendously smashed when the bag was dropped. In addition, I did not want to carry a backpack in addition my (sling) Nikon bag.

This was a perfect combination of storage space, protection, and easy access to my camera.

Functionality: Before getting this bag I was rather worried about the dimensions and actual storage space it could handle -which is why i ultimately walked into a shop instead of getting it off Amazon. For the rest of you, I can assume you this bag is not as large as people make it out to be.

The size is perfect, about medium sized on the outside; yet you'll be able to pack a fair amount of gear and clothing into this. Aside from filling the camera compartment with a Nikon D60, a 55-200mm Nikkor lens, a LightScoop (flash bouncer), some chargers, blowers etc, I was astounded by the fact that it was possible to fit a pair of formal shoes, large towel, 1 set of clothes, belt, underwear, socks and some other small items into the top compartment!
(I'm a UK size 10 btw so my shoes are pretty big! The towel went into the laptop compartment)

Despite all this weight, it is very comfortable to walk around with the Lowepro FastPack 350. The paddings do their job well, although if you don't use them the 2 lower flaps tend to get in the way once in a while (nothing sigficant).

Verdict: This is probably just right for short, 3-5 day trips. Without the shoes in there, you can probably fit in much more clothes and other things in the top compartment. Definitely recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Rucksack, 15 Dec. 2009
A. Britnell (Sussex, England) - See all my reviews
Arrived quickly and was what you expect from Lowepro. Overall this is excellent and although I put down some cons they are only minor.

Pros:
Well made.
Fits my laptop as well as camera gear.
Even space for sandwiches.
Cons:
I could do with slightly less room in the top part and bit more in the camera part.
No tripod holder
Some more small pockets for remotes etc would be good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful Camera Bag, 10 Feb. 2011
J. Saunders (Kingston-upon-Thames, Surrey United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Previously I had toted a separate laptop backpack and camera bag when travelling, but decided it would be much better to carry all the equipment in the same bag. Having a 16" laptop plus a DSLR, four lenses, flashgun and compact camera, I opted for this one. It was a good choice and all the necessary gear fitted inside it very snugly. One slight snag was the top compartment which is not subdivided into substantial sections (though there are small elasticated pockets for small/slim items). My various battery chargers had to go in there willy nilly and they tend to come out in one tangled mess of flexes. But this is a minor cavil as the bag itself contains everything I need and goes comfortably on my back (it is well padded). Have made my first overseas trip with it and was well satisfied with the result. Bear in mind that a full-sized laptop and a lot of camera gear on your back is going to be pretty heavy whatever bag you choose!

5.0 out of 5 stars Genius Bag!, 18 Mar. 2008
Mr. C. A. Lillie (Wallasey, Merseyside United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Well, after splurging out on a DSLR and a laptop of late, THEN deciding on traipsing round India backpacking, what did I need? this! thats what! brilliantly padded, but be aware of the dimensions inside beign notably less than themeasutrements outside, though thats what you should expect if you want full protection for that gear!

Seriously good item, does th trick, bags been battered everywhere, laptop and camera nadlenses all untouched!

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding, 14 Jun. 2009
P. Rowley (UK) - See all my reviews
Needed a bag for use when I'm out on fieldwork or walking, so a decent daypack space and protection for my camera, filters and lenses. This is absolutely brilliant. More than enough room in the top, very comfortable to carry. The real bonus is the ability to quickly access your camera through the side panel without fully removing the rucksack. Very easy to use and make photography out in the wilderness a pleasure rather than a hassle.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality but no tripod holder, though I have found a solution, 11 Mar. 2011
David Bevan (UK) - See all my reviews
The backpack it's self is excellent quality with loads of space. I've managed to fit my Canon D5 MKII, plus a large 150-500mm sigma zoom lens, plus a 27-105mm cannon lens, plus a 50mm lens, plus my flash and various cables and defusers in the main compartment. I can fit my 17" macbook pro, iPad and a magazine or two in the laptop compartment at the back, plus accessories in the top compartment.

However, I can't find a tripod holder, either underneath or on the side! Very strange for a backpack of this type, and it's why I've only given it 4 stars.

I have fudged together a workable solution. There's a net water bottle holder on one side, so I can just about fit the bottom of my tripod into that, and I bought 2 black bungee cords with hooks on each end from Halfords and use these to wrap around the outside of the backpack to secure the top of the tripod. It's not perfect but it does the job.

This is the best backpack I could find of this size after a lot of looking around (takes the large zoom lens, easy access to your camera even whilst wearing it) and despite the tripod holder issue, it's well worth the money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Service, 11 Jan. 2011
Ordered on Saturday night and delivered the following Monday afternoon. I was expecting the delivery later in the week. The packaging from Amazon good and product as expected. I had researched camera backpacks and decided the smaller versions of Lowepro would be unable to hold my gear. The gadgets fit including a Canon dslr, 60mm Macro, Canon 100 - 400mm zoom with room in the top for packed lunch and flask. There is still room for a flash unit and other bits and pieces. One thing that might be useful would be a raincover and tripod strap. A 17 inch laptop fits in a slot at the back.

4.0 out of 5 stars Splendid protection, and good for your back, to boot!, 3 Jan. 2010
The fastpack 350 is the largest in the fastpack range (as of time of writing), and it shows. It is the size of a large hiking daysack, and rather bulky, due to the padding in the base.

The bottom half is given over to padding for the camera, and on that front it does admirably well, with almost 1/3" thick divider walls. The fast access zip bit is rather unwieldy to use, and kind of negates the security that the clip down flap provides, but is well received at places where your D/SLR would be popping in and out of the bag all the time, with little chances of it getting nicked.

The flap that folds out to allow full access to your camera gear has two little pockets for memory cards, rather like they were added as an extra gimmick. The insides are made from the same plastic as the rest of the compartment, but the outside layer is made from some sort of felt-like materiel, so why not go the whole hog and make the entire pocket out of it? Anyway, they are rather useless, as if you are buying this bag, you probably have a memory card case, and anyway, they cant fit CF cards, just smaller ones like SD/XD...

On the outside is a water bottle holder, but no tripod holder, which is a bit odd on a bag of this caliber, but you can just shove the base into the water bottle container, and clip the top on with a carabiner clip.

The daysack portion at the top is a little small for my liking, maybe big enough to fit lunch or a change of clothes if you push. It has all sorts of handy little pockets for small items as well as a velcro'd on pouch that looks like it should contain the rain cover (mine didn't).

The laptop portion is appropriately padded, but a little unwieldy to walk around with a 17" laptop in, but a smaller macbook is just fine.

The back padding and straps are what you would come to expect from a hiking bag - thick padded shoulder straps, and chunky hip supports. On the hip straps, the only problem is instead of putting simple pull-to-tighten buckles, like on the rest of the bag, they have this rather annoying system of tightening by adjusting the length, overlapping, and then threading the end through a piece of elastic, with the overlapping portion of the strap keeping the buckle from coming loose (in theory).

What actually happens, is the hip straps get looser over time, until they stop working completely, and you have to stop to tighten them back up again, every 25 minutes or so.

This bag will fit under most airline seats, so if you want to keep a close eye on your gear, you can, but dont expect much legroom if you do.

‹ Previous | 1 2 336 | Next ›